Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anime: Life, Death, Anime Inbetween

Talon

I hate Gundum Wing, all it seems to a bunch of people sat down and each wrote a speech about war or peace or war leading to peace, and then drew a anime around it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Super Pancake

• GreyWeather

• Princess Serenity

all it seems to a bunch of people sat down and each wrote a speech about war or peace or war leading to peace, and then drew a anime around it.

And then went on to repeat that speach...every...single...episode tongue.gif

I hate Gundum Wing, all it seems to a bunch of people sat down and each wrote a speech about war or peace or war leading to peace, and then drew a anime around it.

532098[/snapback]

Whatever Man... it's something or a message it's tryin to tell u but you can't Obviously can't get it Huh? huh.gifdisgust.gif

You'd have trouble not getting it...they can't go an episode without delivering the message seven or eight times tongue.gif

While you are right Gundam Wing was trying to deliver a deep, and heartfelt anti-war message (something about the nature of man I suppose), there are many, many animes that managed to say the same thing, only more artfully...

It is possibly, of course, that it's simply the dub that was crap.

Whatever Man... it's something or a message it's tryin to tell u but you can't Obviously can't get it Huh? 

I can get it thank you very much. No need for insults. But after hearing them recycle the same for every episode I just wanted something different.

I kind of liked Gundam myself. I thought it was neat in a cheesy sort of way. There's something about watching giant Japanese war robots pummel each other that appeals to me. I also like the old-school Mobile Suit Gundam but I can't find it anywhere around here. The Ghost in the Shell movies and subsequent series are, far and away, my favorite anime. I just picked up Innocence on DVD, which means a lot for me because it's only the third DVD I've ever bought in my life.

I reall want to see Innocence but I'll probably have to wait months until its released over here. I still haven't bought the series... weird huh.gif

I kinda wanna see Gundam Seed, I here its a vast improvement over Wing

I have just watched Macross Zero. The story is about the reapperance of the Birdman in the Mayan culture, who are the Sea People originally. It is strikingly similar to Erich Don Daniken's God were astronauts.

One instance is that the prehistoric Mayans possessed highly advance technolgy, much more than our modern's. And it potrays Et intelligence as a form of godliness.

One aspect is that Japanaese often mix supernatural with science so as to make it believable and realistic. For example there are numerous supernatural abilities, together and supplemented with science in anime, quite different from western animations. In fact, very different.

For example there are numerous supernatural abilities, together and supplemented with science in anime, quite different from western animations. In fact, very different.

Yeah, US animation tends to be heavily involved with super heroes, while Anime tends to have esper type characters.

hellsing is great in my opinion

No matter what, one of the greatest anime is Spirited Away, it is so touching to the human nature..

To add on, the reason Akira was so special, is because the animation was way ahead of it's time...It came out sometime in the 80's, and added new cell animations never used before.

• 2 weeks later...
According to reports at Digital Spy, there could be an interesting new digital TV channel coming to the UK courtesy of Jetix (formerly Fox Kids). Dubbed "GXT", it is apparently going to be a channel aimed at "12 to 17-year-old boys" with "Japanese animation" said to be a part of the schedule.

GXT is planned to go live in Italy on the 1st of May, with the CEO for Jetix Europe quoted as saying "Once we've seen how successful it is in Italy then we will make a decision as to whether or not to bring it to the UK." More news on this as we hear it, although a little research suggests that the Italian GXT is set to air anime series including Inuyasha, X, GTO and Ranma 1/2.

News has emerged today (on AnimeOnDVD) that Geneon are co-financing a new Hellsing OVA series. The number of episodes is unknown, but it is said to be based on the original manga material.

Also, Geneon are said to have acquired two new anime series in "Erementar Gerad" and "Ergo Proxy".

http://www.animeuknews.net/

Weta Workshop's official site has added a selection of previously unreleased concept designs for the planned live action Evangelion film. According to Weta Workshop, the production is "on hold." http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/fil...lm/neon_genesis

Geneon has revealed three anime acquisitions at the MipTV trade show currently ongoing in France.

Geneon will co-produce a new Hellsing OAV series with Gonzo Digimation Holdings. Each 35 minute long episode will be adapted from the original Hellsing manga.

Geneon will be the North American distributor for the 23 episode Ergo Proxy anime TV series directed by Witch Hunter Robin director Shukou Murase and produced by Manglobe, the producers of Samurai Champloo.

Geneon will distribute the Erementar Gerad anime TV series in North America. AD Vision previously announced acquisition of distribution rights to this anime series at the 2004 Anime Expo convention.

http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php

• 3 weeks later...
love japenese anime!

618979[/snapback]

Duh...no other anime but Japanese,

I love anime grin2.gif My faves are...

Wolf's Rain, Hamtora, Vampire Hunter D, Pokemon and Blood the last vampire thumbsup.gif

Oh and BeyBlade

Edited by Ruby

Yay! Right here partner! Big anime friend... neon genesis evangelion, trigun, the vision of escaflowne, hellsing, full metal alchemist, naruto, love hina, green green, onegai teacher, onegai twins, golden boy, cowboy beebop, rurouni kenshin, samurai deeper kyo, ranma 1/2, pokemon (LOL!), dragon ball, midori no hibi, excel saga, FLCL, oh! my goddess, ... and so on... You can almost say I seen then all! And I can't stop watching it... there is ALWAYS something new on anime! I'm animeholic! AHHHHHHHHHHH! w00t.gif

I used to watch Sailor Moon all the time. Now I watch Anime shows once in a while, such as Cowboy Bebop or InuYasha, and I read Mangas. I don't watch them as often now because I don't follow them so easily. But I do like how there are not that many superheroes in Anime, although Sailor Moon was pretty much nothing but female superheroes.

I used to watch Sailor Moon all the time.  Now I watch Anime shows once in a while, such as Cowboy Bebop or InuYasha, and I read Mangas.  I don't watch them as often now because I don't follow them so easily.  But I do like how there are not that many superheroes in Anime, although Sailor Moon was pretty much nothing but female superheroes.

636513[/snapback]

I watched Sailor Moon when i was younger but i got bored of it. Now i watch other animes like i posted before grin2.gif But i wanna see this one called Princess Mononoke.

I watch anime a lot .

Just finished the last episode of Vampire priness miyu ... very good .

i love anime

and heres a theory of my, no proff that its true, but somthing i think about alot

what if, every anime and/or manga was based on true events in an alternet demintion

like i said, i have no proff, but i like to think that vampire nazies attacked london(like in the hellsing manga) and a 16 year old girl is going back in time to see her half deamon bf(of corse, Inuyasha)

My favorite anime is My HiME. The first 16 episodes and the last one are funny, but almost every episode from 17-25 made me cry. My HiME is about girls with magic powers called HiMEs, but don't think it will be like a typical magical girl anime. There are 12 HiMEs, each with their own monster called a Child, and no, they aren't cute mascots. If their Child is killed, by monsters called Orphans or by another HiME, the person they love the most dies. There's a big plot twist at the end of episode 16 which makes the episodes from 17-25 tearjerkers. I'd recommend this anime to anyone that loves a great story and cool monsters.

BTW, the last screencap is from episode 17. Its a pretty good example of what happens when you p*** a magical girl that controls a fire breathing monster off.

post-4977-1117418148_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117418917_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117418943_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117418973_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117419016_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117419045_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117419069_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117419091_thumb.jpg

post-4977-1117419114_thumb.jpg

Edited by BeetlemanEXE