Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

The 'surprise' was that the Northern Alliance folded, the war lords quickly made some sort of deal with the Taliban which isn't clear, and they surrendered their power. 

The Afghanis didn't like our occupation, other than those in the largest cities who experienced a little 'western' style freedoms and culture.  There's a massive food shortage in the country, which had happened pre-Taliban times and was one reason why the Taliban shut down poppy cultivation when they achieved power initially, which we then overturned when we took over and brought back the widespread opium cultivation.  If the Taliban repeats the switch to food cultivation, they will be popular.

We should have gotten everybody out a while ago, there was plenty of time to do so, Trump's brokered deal with the end date was well known.  I expect some in power (not Biden) wanted to find some way to stay and thought the Northern Alliance would resist the Taliban and give them enough time to cook something up to force Biden into keeping a military force there.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Still, wouldn't want to be a gay man or straight woman in Afghanistan right now. 

True  but its all a question of degree. What is the Taliban reward for appearing more reasonable and would they be motivated by greed and giving no incentive for another battle with better forces.

I notice the Taliban have not tried to take the airport yet, they could have gone for the we kicked their b***s approach but so far held back.  

**** like this is so depressing. It really gets to me.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/08/16/kabul-clinging-to-airplane-taking-off-tarmac-afghanistan-ward-vpx.cnn

I can't imagine that type of fear where I am literally trying to cling to an airplane to leave my home. 

The people who live in the city want the most basic level of human rights but can't because they live around a ton of dumb **** backwards incel inbred Taliban.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

True  but its all a question of degree. What is the Taliban reward for appearing more reasonable and would they be motivated by greed and giving no incentive for another battle with better forces.

I notice the Taliban have not tried to take the airport yet, they could have gone for the we kicked their b***s approach but so far held back.  

Perhaps they are going to round up anybody who tries to flee knowing that they are not supporters. Probably a bloodbath on the horizon. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

**** like this is so depressing. It really gets to me.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/08/16/kabul-clinging-to-airplane-taking-off-tarmac-afghanistan-ward-vpx.cnn

I can't imagine that type of fear where I am literally trying to cling to an airplane to leave my home. 

The people who live in the city want the most basic level of human rights but can't because they live around a ton of dumb **** backwards incel inbred Taliban.

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Saddened, even devastated, thinking of those in peril with lessened hope for their future and that of their children. This result was not inevitable, nor were our sacrifices in vain. I will continue to pray for those brave and honorable Afghans that stood with us. And I will always cherish the Service Members and Civilians I served with during this important mission. I am even more saddened by the stinging loss others will feel for losing their sons and daughters there while seeing these events unfold. I'm just numb to how this has happened..

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, acidhead said:

RESIGN INCOMPETENT FOOL

i wonder how many afgans give a crap what this senile moron has to say, they are too busy now, some running for their lives, others hunting them down, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

IMG_9832b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

President Biden has just handed Afghanistan to the Chinese and that was the plan all along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Idiot biden does and will have lots of blood on his hands.

Plenty of blood to go around.

Who was it that got  us into Afghanistan?  Bush

Who started the dustup with Iraq and diverted resources?  Bush

Who continued the policy and expanded use of unmanned aircraft , generated more "collateral damage"?  A great tool for Taliban recruitment. Obama.

Who negotiated the release of 5000 Taliban prisoners  including some of the current commanders?  Donald J Trump.

Who wanted to invite Taliban to Camp David?  Trump.

Who told the Afghan government we were getting out regardless?  Trump.

Who has been bragging in the last few weeks at public appearances about 21 years being enough and he did what others could not, set a date for withdrawal?  Who even threw in the brag that Biden wanted to stop it but couldn't?  Donald J Trump.

Who is commander-in-chief and bears responsibility today?  Biden.

If you just want more fuel for division and politics, you can weasel around the facts.

If you want to learn a lesson from history, better study history.

A positive legacy of President Trump is  ending some of the entanglements of the US in  the ME.  Some objected when he abandoned the Kurds.  At least we are trying to evacuate Afghan translators.   

So here is a choice, you can't have both so choose.

Call it painful but necessary and give former President Trump credit for reversing the trends under Bush and Obama and beginning the moves toward withdrawal.  Or blame Biden for the whole thing and forget that Trump  had a hand in starting something  so pivotal that it will make a lasting change in American foreign policy.

Edited by Tatetopa
removed picture
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

President Biden has just handed Afghanistan to the Chinese and that was the plan all along.

All along what?  And so what?  Are you concerned that the Chinese will now be dragged into an unwinnable endless war for desert, opium, and unreasonable zealots?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

No similarity here!  Nothing to see, move along.

No.  Take a good look and maybe learn something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The debacle of the US defeat and chaotic retreat in Afghanistan is a political disaster for Joe Biden, whose failure to orchestrate an urgent and orderly exit will further rock a presidency plagued by crises and stain his legacy. And while Biden's political and geopolitical rivals rush to exploit his mistakes, the true magnitude of the crisis can only be judged in the human tragedy of a people again subject to Taliban persecution.

And a failure to fulfill the now apparently near-impossible tasks of evacuating all the Afghan translators, workers and fixers on whom the US relied and who now face Taliban retribution would besmirch America's conscience and global reputation. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bidens-botched-afghanistan-exit-is-a-disaster-at-home-and-abroad-long-in-the-making/ar-AANmpZD

I have to say even I was astonished to see CNN attacking their Messiah lol.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I have to say even I was astonished to see CNN attacking their Messiah lol.

Yeah, everything from CNN to the op is beginning to doubt the figurehead.  I don't blame St Bidet for it.  He is inept and out of it.  I blame the deep state and the useful idiots that did this for a power grab and usurp the legitimate authority.

• Like 1

What if the US gave up on Europe during the war?

US response - Sorry folks, you're on your own.

europe1.png

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 1

Worse is coming, as the Afghan army stand down whenever the Taliban approach them they are handing over a US built army. Tanks, troop carriers, Humvees, helicopters, and fighter jets.

US has left Afghanistan with a larger better equipped war machine than what the majority of its NATO allies have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

US has left Afghanistan with a larger better equipped war machine than what the majority of its NATO allies have.

But with CRT and wokeness, how much longer do you think that will matter?

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Worse is coming, as the Afghan army stand down whenever the Taliban approach them they are handing over a US built army. Tanks, troop carriers, Humvees, helicopters, and fighter jets.

Similar to the British withdrawal at Dunkirk.

Dad's Army - Opening Titles on Make a GIF

dunkirk.png

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Similar to the British withdrawal at Dunkirk.

Dad's Army - Opening Titles on Make a GIF

dunkirk.png

I think the collapse of the Government forces in Afghanistan has been so quick because they are mostly pro-Taliban. When asked they say we love America, we love freedom and democracy, but as soon as we are gone they want their Islamic Conservative state back.

Unfortunately we have trained them and built them a war machine a moderate member of NATO like Spain or Italy would be proud off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1