Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

There are still thousands of Americans stranded in Afghanistan  

My god... 

It's only just begun

Edited by acidhead

The Taliban, now in near-total control of the country, are going door to door in newly conquered Kabul searching for journalists and political opponents, according to multiple outlets on the ground.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/16/reports-taliban-searching-door-door-journalists/

In early July, after Taliban leaders who took control of the provinces of Badakhshan and Takhar issued an order to local religious leaders to provide them with a list of girls over the age of 15 and widows under the age of 45 for “marriage” with Taliban fighters. It’s not yet known whether they’ve complied.

https://www.breitbart.com

Taliban warlords reportedly view unmarried - or widowed - women and girls aged 12 to 45 as "qhanimat", spoils of war to be divided amongst their fighters. 

Afghans pouring into Kabul as refugees fleeing the march of the militants told stories of how commanders demanded they turn over women and girls to become their "wives" and be raped.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15884312/taliban-rape-gangs-girls-widows-sex-slaves/

19 hours ago, godnodog said:

If the people of Afghanistan didn't even put up an attempt to resist the taliban then it doesn't matter much. 20 years should have suffice to at least make the people see the differences between both "sides", corruption and low pay isn't the reason alone. these people (majority or very significant %) do not want to live in a a (to be) modern society, either it be communist like (Vietnam or China), or somewhat democratic.

This sounds like the nail on the head to me. 20 long years, trillions of dollars and thousands of lives and it fell in a week. Quite clearly little if anything has actually been achieved. How is it these criminals aren't able to be eradicated yet we see them smiling away on the TV? I don't see how another 20 years and more lives and fortunes are going to change anything. Biden inherited an evacuation date. Standing by it was the only real option he had. I think he did the right thing. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

Biden is a POS

So are you. Now what?

12 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

Biden is a POS

So is Trump, Obama and Bush then, they all failed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Myles said:

I do hope idiot biden is not making world decisions based on what names people may call him, but he isn't a smart man. 

Thank goodness he is smarter than you though hey, and a huge improvement on the orangutan POTUS. It's moving forward, which is a start. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

... You have to conquer them and keep them under rule for at least a couple of centuries during which you shape and mould their views and thoughts over several generations.

{Emphasis mine}

That sounds almost like re-education.

Take up the White Man's burden--
In patience to abide,
To veil the threat of terror
And check the show of pride;
By open speech and simple,
An hundred times made plain
To seek another's profit,
And work another's gain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, razman said:

Why don't Russia and China deal with Afghanistan ? they both are right there .

That sounds simplistic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, razman said:

Why don't Russia and China deal with Afghanistan ? they both are right there .

Russia already got bloody nose there, back in the eighties and China can't even handle India's arm forces. Neither have been in a real war for three quarters of a century. I think it would be quite illuminating for the Chinese to try to oppress Muslims that shoot back.

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Russia already got bloody nose there, back in the eighties and China can't even handle India's arm forces. Neither have been in a real war for three quarters of a century. I think it would be quite illuminating for the Chinese to try to oppress Muslims that shoot back.

It's that pesky world's tallest mountain range.

That, and they both have nukes now.

Edited by Likely Guy

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It's that pesky world's tallest mountain range.

That, and they both have nukes now.

China's army is woefully inexperienced. If they can't overwhelm a foe with sheer numbers, they're lost. Even Vietnam kicked their a ss, back in the '70s. Nukes do keep them honest

Wow. Here you americans go again with the "blame game'. 4 administrations, 2 republican, 2 democrat, and neither could fix it, but blame the other. Afghanistan has always been a no win situation. It's not Kirk corrupting the Kobyashi Maru (sp and I don't care). There never was a solution. What Af was for america was a money pit for the corrupt in your country. A place to spend loads on unnecessary military build up, private mercenaries and others making money off of a so called civil war. The Taliban runs the show, always did, always will, until the people there don't want it. How much did you spend training afis to defend the country when they were always going to be Taliban?? Trump spouted his crap and claimed it was he who was bringing all the soldiers home. If he says one word about Biden doing the same as he ordered, and claiming Biden was wrong, I'm guessing the trump supporters still don't see the lie.

The Russians long ago thought it might be a good move to take over the country to access the oil and a gateway for their oil pipelines. The yanks and russians both boycotted each others olympics over the damn country. Charlie Wilson's war, a true story of American overspending to militarize the population in afghanistan  to resist the russian occupation, was your beginning. Bush and Cheney funded Bin Laden, and then he turned. COME ON!!!!! 

You americans have made this country your miltary traing ground and your financial money pit, where loads of americans have made billions of dollars!! It's done. It should have never happend. You should have left the financial burden and failure to the russians back in the 80's. This was your 80's Vietnam. Stop getting into this **** so a few of your military corrupt finaciers can continue to profiit. Dwight Eisenhower foretold all of this crap you guys do, and no one listened.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

China's army is woefully inexperienced. If they can't overwhelm a foe with sheer numbers, they're lost. Even Vietnam kicked their a ss, back in the '70s. Nukes do keep them honest

That's true. But like you said "sheer numbers" and I'll add, now they do have modern lethal weapons which they didn't have back in the '70s. .

Edited by Likely Guy

Let's get back on subject.

Edit: either PM me or start a new thread in the history forum.

Edited by Likely Guy

15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's true. But like you said "sheer numbers" and I'll add, now they do have modern lethal weapons which they didn't have back in the '70s. .

So do we. We have a lot more real time experience using them, too. I foresee a lot of 73 Easting scenarios playing out.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

So do we. We have a lot more real time experience using them, too. I foresee a lot of 73 Easting scenarios playing out.

We weren't talking  USA vs China, it was China vs India or China vs Vietnam, but that is not the topic.

If you want to pursue, I suggested, maybe start another thread.

It's Afghanistan.

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

We weren't talking  USA vs China, it was China vs India or China vs Vietnam, but that is not the topic.

If you want to pursue, I suggested, maybe start another thread.

It's Afghanistan.

Afghanistan is history, like Vietnam and Cambodia, Palestine after the British gave up the Mandate or a fractured India after they left precipitously. The present Administration didn't learn the lesson of what happens when you create a power vacuum like Obama did when he yanked the troops out of Iraq. Binding our sons and daughters to exile to serve our captive's needs is a multigenerational commitment. We haven't done that since the Philippines and Puerto Rico.  Occupying a third world country is an Imperial commitment the British understand all to well. Modern America is unwilling to shoulder that burden, anymore. It makes their moral scruples.....inconvenient.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Afghanistan is history, like Vietnam and Cambodia, Palestine...etc.

My bolding.

But history doesn't repeat itself perfectly.

Apples, oranges, tomatoes and potatoes.

Just now, Likely Guy said:

My bolding.

But history doesn't repeat itself perfectly.

Apples, oranges, tomatoes and potatoes.

Neither does a murder, but the victim always winds up dead. Whenever great powers create a power vacuum, people die. They're still dying in Libya, from the one that was created there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I have to say even I was astonished to see CNN attacking their Messiah lol.

It does certainly prove one thing, CNN certainly isn't like Fox News. Throughout Trumps entire Presidency Fox praised him no matter how wrong he was. What I truly find hilarious is that you and many others talk crap about MSM, and yet when Democratic Leadership Totally screws up in a major way, they will still report it and that takes character my friend something Fox News doesn't know anything about and that my friend is truly Astonishing!:tu:

Peace Cookie Monster!:tu:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1