Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

Not sure what is up with that.   It was a fairly vague peace agreement I know.   USA would withdrawal it's troops by May 1st and the Taliban agreed to ease up.   Went 18 months without a USA casualty, so the Taliban were keeping their word a little bit.  Still, I don't think it was a good deal by Trump.   biden's withdrawl of the troops has failed miserably.   More idiot biden. 

It's obvious you're not sure, about anything. Trump was just as bad, had no idea of the fallout. Trump withdrew troops from Northern Syria, the day after he got a call from Putin telling him to do so or the pee tapes would come out. That was devastating to the region. And the Russian troops were in the American base the next day!!!!

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/07/767904589/shocking-trump-is-criticized-for-pulling-troops-from-syrian-border

Or don't you remember, or are not sure. As I said before, your partisan division and blame of the other guy, the new guy, whomever, it's all ****, and in Afghanistan was never a good solution. The republicans funded the Taliban in the 80's, or do you forget that? Still not sure???? 

Stay the course, and blame Biden, for a problem started by the republicans, and their good buddies, the Russians.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jeceris said:

Not sure what is up with that.   It was a fairly vague peace agreement I know.   USA would withdrawal it's troops by May 1st and the Taliban agreed to ease up.   Went 18 months without a USA casualty, so the Taliban were keeping their word a little bit.  Still, I don't think it was a good deal by Trump.   biden's withdrawl of the troops has failed miserably.   More idiot biden. 

It's obvious you're not sure, about anything. Trump was just as bad, had no idea of the fallout. Trump withdrew troops from Northern Syria, the day after he got a call from Putin telling him to do so or the pee tapes would come out. That was devastating to the region. And the Russian troops were in the American base the next day!!!!

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/07/767904589/shocking-trump-is-criticized-for-pulling-troops-from-syrian-border

Or don't you remember, or are not sure. As I said before, your partisan division and blame of the other guy, the new guy, whomever, it's all ****, and in Afghanistan was never a good solution. The republicans funded the Taliban in the 80's, or do you forget that? Still not sure???? 

Stay the course, and blame Biden, for a problem started by the republicans, and their good buddies, the Russians.

Idiot biden is the one to act.   It's on him.   Keep blaming Trump.  We know you don't take responsibility.   

By the way, Trump was also an idiot.   But don't let your TDS cloud your judgment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Idiot biden is the one to act.   It's on him.   Keep blaming Trump.  We know you don't take responsibility.   

By the way, Trump was also an idiot.   But don't let your TDS cloud your judgment.

Why would I take responsibility for Afghanistan??? What?? It's not like I bought the Taliban weapons, I haven't even sent them a sandwich.

If you read the posts, instead of skimming, the point I was making is this mess goes back 40 plus years. 4 administration both republican and democrat. It has now landed in Biden's lap, and there is no good way to deal with it. It was a mess, it is a mess, and it will be a mess. It's not on him, as much as it wasn't on Trump, Obama, but the Bush's have some explaining to do.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Taliban is killing so many people, they say they are supporting  the women, but they don't :( they will kill all the women. the women were so great in the new government one was even a mayor in a city. Taliban   will kill all the women.:( 

That seems an inefficient way to run a country if you still want to have a population...

• Like 1

Live sessions in the UK Parliament, we may be at war with Afghanistan before the night is out.

Pressure is mounting to sort the Taliban out without the USA.

Edited by Cookie Monster

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Live sessions in the UK Parliament, we may be at war with Afghanistan before the night is out.

Pressure is mounting to sort the Taliban out without the USA.

Mrs May summed it up best when she asked "Where is Global Britain on the streets of Kabul?"

The truth is that without the US, the UK and the allies ran. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

Mrs May summed it up best when she asked "Where is Global Britain on the streets of Kabul?"

The truth is that without the US, the UK and the allies ran. 

I say lets do it, lets go in as CANZUK and show the world Britain is back.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

I say lets do it, lets go in as CANZUK and show the world Britain is back.

I don't doubt you would support such a venture, I do doubt that the UK, Canada, and New Zealand would. 

What this shambolic episode has demonstrated is that their is only 1 western superpower, and when that superpower is not on the playing field,  its friends sit it out in the dug outs

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I don't doubt you would support such a venture, I do doubt that the UK, Canada, and New Zealand would. 

What this shambolic episode has demonstrated is that their is only 1 western superpower, and when that superpower is not on the playing field,  its friends sit it out in the dug outs

What makes you think they choose? Their head of state is the Queen, they do what Whitehall tells them too, who does what the Queen tells them too.

But they would be onboard anyway.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Haha 1

I never get how some people fail to understand the political structure of the British Realm

Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, have independent parliaments, they dont have independent heads of state. And its the head of state that is actually in charge of declaring war and allowing parliaments to wage war.

She signs off on wars, and she has the power to declare wars.

Edited by Cookie Monster

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

I never get how some people fail to understand the political structure of the British Realm

Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, have independent parliaments, they dont have independent heads of state. And its the head of state that is actually in charge of declaring war and allowing parliaments to wage war.

She signs off on wars, and she has the power to declare wars.

do that in Canada and New Zealand - and she may find she is no longer head of state. Feudalism continues only with the consent of the people

• Like 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

do that in Canada and New Zealand - and she may find she is no longer head of state. Feudalism continues only with the consent of the people

There is no division in the British realm lol.

In fact the vast majority of the public in Australia and Canada what the empire back.

• Haha 1

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

In fact the vast majority of the public in Australia and Canada what the empire back.

A sample size of one is probably not enough to base that delusion on.

• Like 2

A 2nd war in inevitable.

If no one goes in now, it will be a harder war later when we are forced to go back in and sort the Taliban out. They are already going door to door looking for Americans and Westerners, and executing them.

They have already kidnapped a CNN journalist who may well be dead come the morning, and they are already going for the families of those young men who have fled or are still at the airport due to them helping the west.

15 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Not a hint of irony...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If no one goes in now, it will be a harder war later when we are forced to go back in and sort the Taliban out.

But right now they are equipped with American hardware, weapons and vehicles, left behind by the disintegrated Afghan Army...

If the 'Empire' goes in now I will cross my fingers and wish overwhelming success. :gun:

It's more likely that the Taliban are the first who land on Mars.

12 hours ago, Myles said:

biden loves those little girls.  

As does Trump and his buddy Epstein. Thing is as you keep pointing out, Biden is old and not capable, so he can't be a threat can he. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnR_cAnT2WYAnNBeRz5Nz

11 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

to add, there are 10,000 Americans trapped in Afghanistan, wish Trump was the president,  he would tell the Talibans , let my people go or I`ll bomb the **** out of you :)  

And you would get another 911. You're not very good at this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katzenking said:

But right now they are equipped with American hardware, weapons and vehicles, left behind by the disintegrated Afghan Army...

If the 'Empire' goes in now I will cross my fingers and wish overwhelming success. :gun:

It's more likely that the Taliban are the first who land on Mars.

The main thing is they are embedded in the populations of the cities now. They should have at least evacuated all the citizens and such before the troops. Or at least most of them.Those that wanted to go anyway.

Edited by razman
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Creepy Joe, wonder what he said to her?

Whatever it was I doubt she understood it, that bumbling fool cannot string together a couple of sentences lol.

Lol, quite often neither can you :w00t:

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I can't speak for OZ, but here in Canada, not even close. The older population, a minority, still clings to the monarchy. The majority want no part of it.

• Like 3

So Biden has made his first mistake (and arguably the biggest one in a generation).

All world leaders are blaming him, even the biased lefty US media have turned on him. We all know what that means. If election corruption did in fact go on, then due to the enemies Biden has now made, it wont be too long before people start coming forward to get rid of him.

Those after his job will do it, those who are disgusted at him will do it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jeceris said:

I can't speak for OZ, but here in Canada, not even close. The older population, a minority, still clings to the monarchy. The majority want no part of it.

He is speaking rubbish about Oz too. It's gone to a vote many times over the years. Failed every time. 

• Like 2