Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

40 million Afghan citizens , they can get some weapons and should be able to run over the Taliban in a short time. Lure some of them in to places , kill em and take their weapons.

Edited by razman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, razman said:

40 million Afghan citizens , they can get some weapons and should be able to run over the Taliban in a short time. Lure some of them in to places , kill em and take their weapons.

Yes, if they had the will. Perhaps the majority (of men at least) are glad they're back....just a thought.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Portuguese media is reporting what the UN is reporting, there is no media (at least that I've seen) about confirmed mass executions.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Portuguese media is reporting what the UN is reporting, there is no media (at least that I've seen) about confirmed mass executions.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

Post 446.

Earlier, U.N. human rights chief Michelle Bachelet said she had credible reports of “summary executions” of civilians and former security forces who were no longer fighting, the recruitment of child soldiers and restrictions on the rights of women to move around freely and of girls to go to school.

There was also something I saw earlier from the Norwegian intelligence.

Though I suppose one could split hairs about what constitutes "mass" executions.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well I cannot see who you are replying too, but I can guess.

Look at those dead people.

21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Post 446.

There was also something I saw earlier from the Norwegian intelligence.

Though I suppose one could split hairs about what constitutes "mass" executions.

In the UK its been reported that the Taliban are going from door to door looking for people who speak English to execute.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Hi Itsnotoutthere

Thank you that is what I asked for when I was talking to Cookie, do we know anything about these victims? 

I not sure if those people were killed by the Taliban or if they died from the heat or were crushed by the swam of people. There is a SkyNews report that shows casualties of being crushed in the processing cue -

The Taliban have a long history of extrajudicial executions. 

This first one is from July -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/13/asia/afghanistan-taliban-commandos-killed-intl-hnk/index.html 

They are killing people, it’s what they do.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/20/taliban-kill-journalists-relative-in-intensifying-door-to-door-hunt-for-media-and-collaborators-with-previous-afghan-government-or-us-nato-forces/?sh=3c3ef0bb6544

• Like 2

A Senate aid revealed Wednesday 4,100 Americans remain stranded in Afghanistan, many “not in or around Kabul,” CNN reported.

About 4,400 Americans have been extracted in President Joe Biden’s deadly evacuation, “but the remaining 4,100 will be more challenging, the source said,” before the Taliban-enforced deadline in five days. The State Department has denied 4,100 is the exact number stranded.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/25/report-4100-americans-remain-stranded-many-not-in-or-around-kabul/

Another report reveals over a thousand Americans are trapped at the American University of Afghanistan. “It has been able to get only around 50 people out. It needs to get out 1200 more. These people have been— and will continue to be — Taliban targets,” Michelle Kosinski reported. The University “has had difficulty getting help in evacuating its people out.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/25/american-students-parents-afghanistan/

Edited by el midgetron

With the huge amount of Afghans at the airport they arent being evacuated by the 31st, most of them dont have the green cards. And even if they had them there aren`t enough planes to get them all out.

So there is an obvious problem coming on the 31st. That being as the last planes leave, there are tens of thousands of Afghans left at the airport alone with the Taliban. Biden is going to get more grief next week when the massacre happens.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Ha good to see you bro.

You have to drop in again so I can point out that you're wrong :rofl: :lol:

Wouldn't have it any other way :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

If  this fruitcake is in Canada, they should ask him what’s up.,

He and his mosque is located on Quadra Street close to downtown Victoria,  BC Canada. Right across from Crystal Pool recreation center.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The Crusades were a series of religious wars initiated, supported, and sometimes directed by the Latin Church in the medieval period. The best known of these Crusades are those to the Holy Land in the period between 1095 and 1291 that were intended to recover Jerusalem and its surrounding area from Islamic rule. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

21 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It also says:

While the withdrawal is over 90% complete, it is not done," Kirby said. "Temporary Enabling Forces remain in theater that are focused on providing security for a safe and orderly withdrawal. As long as these forces and certain contract support are still there, the withdrawal is ongoing."

600 were left to organise withdrawal. When it became disorderly, additional support was given. 

That seems pretty reasonable. 

Yeah civilian contractors. A handful of them basically.

The 600 were for the Embassy only, which wasn't abandoned yet.

I read there are 1500 US citizens left, including many children. Mostly in Kabul. And most have no way to the airport. But Biden, unlike Australia, the UK, and Germany, will not send soldiers to help retrieve our citizens. They need to get to the airport on their own. 

30 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I read there are 1500 US citizens left, including many children. Mostly in Kabul. And most have no way to the airport. But Biden, unlike Australia, the UK, and Germany, will not send soldiers to help retrieve our citizens. They need to get to the airport on their own. 

Hi Diechecker

I have to wonder why so many stayed until the last minute when they all have known for the last year that this was going to happen or at least get the wives and children moved well in advance if the men were needed till evac? It's not like an act of nature such as tornado or earthquake that leaves little time to prepare and I am not blaming anyone for anything just think it's odd that they weren't worried enough about their personal safety until the last minute. Individuals and families should been out of there months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Diechecker

I have to wonder why so many stayed until the last minute when they all have known for the last year that this was going to happen or at least get the wives and children moved well in advance if the men were needed till evac? It's not like an act of nature such as tornado or earthquake that leaves little time to prepare and I am not blaming anyone for anything just think it's odd that they weren't worried enough about their personal safety until the last minute. Individuals and families should been out of there months ago.

Because nobody told them it was unsafe. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Yeah civilian contractors. A handful of them basically.

Civilian ??

The very first paragraph at your link states:

The U.S. currently has roughly 600 troops in Afghanistan, most of whom are Marine Corps and Army personnel providing security at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul.

The 600 were for the Embassy only, which wasn't abandoned yet.

What was the immediate threat at that time? 

Once a more apparent threat was visible, support troops were sent in. 

600 armed forces personnel remained. They did not entirely evacuate as you have stated. A minimal contingent remained. 

We did that ages ago. There's an old thread in the Aussie section.

Not sure where you're getting that from. Now that Afghanistan's leaders buckled, we aren't leaving the airport either 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/20/australian-forces-wont-leave-kabul-airport-to-help-citizens-blocked-at-taliban-checkpoints

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Because nobody told them it was unsafe. 

Are they blind deaf and dumb?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Are they blind deaf and dumb?

The Biden Administration  YES