Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, RavenHawk said:

In a normal situation, I would agree, but here you had the Coward-in-Chief tell people not to worry, stay home, you have time.  The Taliban is nowhere close to taking Kabul.  The allies got you covered.  If there is only one person in the world that should be trusted, it should be the President of the United States.  Well, that is now thrown out the window.  Our enemies feared us and our allies respected us when Trump was President.  Because he did what he said.

Hi Raven

Maybe my past life has made me cynical about what people in power say and that is why I have always watched my environment. I have openly admitted several times over the years that I have a past and those times taught me to take nothing on face value. I grew up in a world of gangs, cops and other criminals and trust no one and in a country like Afghanistan find it odd that people would be so lax about the safety of their families. I am not calling them out for being in the situation they are in but do wonder how that no one on either side of the globe didn't think about what was likely to happen. This country is no different than how the cartels in Mexico work and when there is a rise in violence there most visitors leave on their own accord when an advisory is given.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

When it is blatantly obvious, it can never be too quick.  If it was Trump, there’d be officers resigning left and right (all Obama era promotions).

When it comes to obvious, you are clueless.  So I'm not worried.

Your right when it was Trump there were Officers resigning, because they would not follow illegal orders. When it comes to Military matters it is you who are truly Clueless, and the way you speak about Military matters is exactly like a young Private would. Whether you realize it or not it is obvious your Military experience was minimal at most. 

What is also blatantly obvious is your lack of knowledge in general on this subject and your political agenda! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

In a normal situation, I would agree, but here you had the Coward-in-Chief tell people not to worry, stay home, you have time.  The Taliban is nowhere close to taking Kabul.  The allies got you covered.  If there is only one person in the world that should be trusted, it should be the President of the United States.  Well, that is now thrown out the window.  Our enemies feared us and our allies respected us when Trump was President.  Because he did what he said.

Well when you say they were telling people there was no threat, starting April the US Embassy and the State Department  were sending US Citizens messages to their phones starting in April telling them to leave country through the emergency alert system for US Citizens STEP. But, obviously your unaware how that works so below us a link to messages sent from the US Emassy Kabul to US Citizens. 

https://af.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi F3SS

I am not condemning anyone I was just asking a question that everyone blew a gasket over and given how everyone says what liars politicians are why get upset when someone asks why if they think their govt is full of idiots do individuals not take on responsibility for themselves to some degree? I haven't pointed a blame finger at anyone by asking a question nor do I intend to but do see lots of people distracted with the blame game and not seeing anyone actually doing anything here doing to help those people. Fine if you just want to fight with me for asking questions if that is the limit of you abilities but it will not help anyone in Afghanistan.

Easy man. I didn't blow a gasket and I'm not fighting with you. Why's everybody so quick to be on the offensive? 

Just saying, you stated several times what you would do if you were in their shoes. That's fine but you seem to suggesting they're getting what they deserve but to your other point, how does repeating that over and over help them either? And fwiw, there's not a whole lot any of us can do.

Just now, F3SS said:

Easy man. I didn't blow a gasket and I'm not fighting with you. Why's everybody so quick to be on the offensive? 

Just saying, you stated several times what you would do if you were in their shoes. That's fine but you seem to suggesting they're getting what they deserve but to your other point, how does repeating that over and over help them either? And fwiw, there's not a whole lot any of us can do.

Hi F3SS

I wasn't suggesting you had blown a gasket and no I am not suggesting any such thing, what I have been asking is why did people not prepare themselves given that this pullout has been known for more than a year. There is a lot of people talking out of both sides of their mouth by in one moment saying that the govt lies and then blaming them. If you do not trust your politicians honesty then why believe anything they say period.

No you are right me asking questions doesn't save anyone's life any more than it condemns them, it is a discussion forum and I simply asked a question that got people upset excuse me for being so insensitive, and no I am not upset just curious is all. I answer because people quote me not because I am pushing a platform but will step out seeing as I am some sort of deviant that wonders if anyone has any responsibility for their own lives or the lives of their family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi F3SS

I wasn't suggesting you had blown a gasket and no I am not suggesting any such thing, what I have been asking is why did people not prepare themselves given that this pullout has been known for more than a year. There is a lot of people talking out of both sides of their mouth by in one moment saying that the govt lies and then blaming them. If you do not trust your politicians honesty then why believe anything they say period.

No you are right me asking questions doesn't save anyone's life any more than it condemns them, it is a discussion forum and I simply asked a question that got people upset excuse me for being so insensitive, and no I am not upset just curious is all. I answer because people quote me not because I am pushing a platform but will step out seeing as I am some sort of deviant that wonders if anyone has any responsibility for their own lives or the lives of their family.

It's good you don't need to step out. If I read you wrong I apologize. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update on American troops

13 dead 18 wounded 

Edited by acidhead

I haven't heard the whole speech yet but this is just awful. Whatever about the reporter bit. It's well known he is instructed and scripted but this tone, language, body language. Utter defeat, no fire, no hope. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I haven't heard the whole speech yet but this is just awful. Whatever about the reporter bit. It's well known he is instructed and scripted but this tone, language, body language. Utter defeat, no fire, no hope. 

I suspect he will last until 01/09/2021, then after what goes down on the 31st as those last Americans leave, he will be impeached.

Edited by Cookie Monster

43 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well when you say they were telling people there was no threat, starting April the US Embassy and the State Department  were sending US Citizens messages to their phones starting in April telling them to leave country through the emergency alert system for US Citizens STEP. But, obviously your unaware how that works so below us a link to messages sent from the US Emassy Kabul to US Citizens. 

https://af.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/

that's good stuff, Manwon, but I looked at the oldest advisory, It was nothing more than a travel advisory.

Can you tell us when Biden and his State Department gave an alert that ordered Americans out of Afghanistan? 

That's what counts.

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Unknown. Several media outlets have asked repeatedly these same questions and the Administration is giving them the run around. So, AFAIK, there is no official numbers.

So what the truth is you don't really know. But your enjoying the opportunity to trash Biden. Way to go. 

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The point of Taliban getting onto refugee planes has been brought up by news sources, and the Administration basically chuckled and called it a conspiracy theory.

According to this source, that's the Trump narrative but as usual, it doesn't seem to be true.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/aug/25/how-are-afghan-refugees-being-vetted-heres-what-we/

10 hours ago, el midgetron said:

You guys are literally calling the Americans stuck in Afghanistan “stupid”.

Well..... The shoes fits.

Anyone who didn't need the warnings and the blatantly obvious escalating tensions and did not leave is stupid. They don't have to be American, they just need to have that criteria under their belt. Did not leave when warned. It just so happens that the posters suffering from TSS continue to focus on Americans. You weren't the only people there.

Everyone has left.

9 hours ago, Myles said:

All will be fine, nothing to worry about.    Idiot biden doesn't know what he is talking about.

Either do you. So it's an endless roundabout. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I suspect he will last until 01/09/2021, then after what goes down on the 31st as those last Americans leave, he will be impeached.

This is crazy stuff man. I can't believe what we are witnessing. If there's a human side to him I'm sensing a tired old man who was coersed into a job he no longer wanted and there is way too much weight on his shoulders. That's not an excuse. Just an observation. My confidence level for our leadership is below zero.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, F3SS said:

This is crazy stuff man. I can't believe what we are witnessing. If there's a human side to him I'm sensing a tired old man who was coersed into a job he no longer wanted and there is way too much weight on his shoulders. That's not an excuse. Just an observation. My confidence level for our leadership is below zero.

Some of us knew he was just a puppet way before the election. The guy belongs in a care home. He's the sacrificial lamb with giggly Kamala waiting for her big day, even she called him a racist....but then again, she would.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I cannot believe it too, how can a leaders judgement be so bad? Didnt Obama comment that he makes blunder after blunder?

I mean come on, a 5 year old could see what would happen. He looked like he was about to blubber twice during his speech, at the back of his mind he knows his incompetence has got people killed.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 4

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

Some of us knew he was just a puppet way before the election. The guy belongs in a care home. He's the sacrificial lamb with Kamala waiting for her big day.

No doubt about it. I can't for the life of me figure out why and what's so special about her. Policies aside (I don't believe she has any real convictions) she's got no personality, can't possibly be that politically connected and isn't remotely good at the game of politics. Is it really all about sex and race? Is it that damn important? The people didn't think so. She did horrendous in the primaries. 

• Like 2

Just now, F3SS said:

No doubt about it. I can't for the life of me figure out why and what's so special about her. Policies aside (I don't believe she has any real convictions) she's got no personality, can't possibly be that politically connected and isn't remotely good at the game of politics. Is it really all about sex and race? Is it that damn important? The people didn't think so. She did horrendous in the primaries. 

I think I have figured it out.

Cognitively defective = crazy lefty polices = poor decision making.

He was off his rocker when he took office, and we are beginning to see just how much away with the fairies he really is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I cannot believe it too, how can a leaders judgement be so bad? Didnt Obama comment that he makes blunder after blunder?

I mean come on, a 5 year old could see what would happen. He looked like he was about to blubber twice during his speech, at the back of his mind he knows his incompetence has got people killed.

• Thanks 1

I dont like Tony Blair, but lets remember he is on the left.

And to hear him say Joe Biden is an imbecile will be one I add to the scrap book for many future laughs. From your own side sleepy Joe!

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think we should stay in Afghanistan. It’s better to have bumbling Joe wreaking havoc over there than here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I think we should stay in Afghanistan. It’s better to have bumbling Joe wreaking havoc over there than here.

better yet send him over there, tell him taliban surrendered and A-stan is now 58th state, and the capitol was moved there, the guy is so worn out he wont suspect a thing. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

that's good stuff, Manwon, but I looked at the oldest advisory, It was nothing more than a travel advisory.

Can you tell us when Biden and his State Department gave an alert that ordered Americans out of Afghanistan? 

That's what counts.

Well you must allow for common sense here also because with a country falling apart at the seems that should be a clue.

Here is a alert message from May 15 2021 telling Americans to leave. https://af.usembassy.gov/security-alert-may-15-2021/

• Like 2