Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

That's BS, Canada is by far more multicultural. More than a third of the people living in our largest city weren't even born in the country.

Yet, we get along.

Ok. We'll let you be an honorary member of the USA. 

Unless you're Irish. :D

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's BS, Canada is by far more multicultural. More than a third of the people living in our largest city weren't even born in the country.

Yet, we get along.

We can claim quite some diversity down under too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Unless you're Irish. 

Yeah, I'm a quarter Irish. :hmm:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

If that were true the US would be the most populous country.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying Canada has more immigrants than the US? Just asking. 

22 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Do they get it or don't they get it? 

Your flawed logic here is that just because you think you get to choose your puppet you also get to pull the strings...

~

some get it big, some do not, depends on themselves, what logic are you talking about? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

We can claim quite some diversity down under too.

A diversity of criminals? Sorry.

That was a typical Canadian response. We still love you though.

• Haha 4

Just now, Likely Guy said:

A diversity of criminals? Sorry.

That was a typical Canadian response. We still love you though.

A of people seem to have that impression. My father was from Russia, arrived in the fifties. I don't actually know many people with an English background personally.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying Canada has more immigrants than the US? Just asking. 

I suspect it's just virtue signaling. People are a lot more harmonious with eachother here than the internet and media would have people believe. 

Edit: I thought you were quiting post #659. Either way, that's my response to that post.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No other country is as diverse as America. Every race, religion, ethnic group and culture is represented in the USA. 

Hi Will

The UK and Europe are not so different population mix wise

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

No, just that we are as much or more diverse.

• Like 1

No, just that we are as much or more diverse.

I have no doubt that Canada is diverse but I really don't think you are more diverse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I suspect it's just virtue signaling. People are a lot more harmonious with eachother here than the internet and media would have people believe. 

Oh no, we definitely have our problems. We have been, a racist nation. By addressing the admission maybe we can get past it.

• Like 1

Oh no, we definitely have our problems. We have been, a racist nation. By addressing the admission maybe we can get past it.

Nobody denies our issues. The problem is that many in the outside world and here for that matter tend to define us by our our issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I have no doubt that Canada is diverse but I really don't think you are more diverse. 

More than a third pf the people in our largest city weren't born in the country. If that's not diverse, I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Nobody denies our issues. The problem is that many in the outside world and here for that matter tend to define us by our our issues.

The best way to get past the issue is to address it honestly.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

More than a third pf the people in our largest city weren't born in the country. If that's not diverse, I don't know what is.

And... do you know how many immigrants enter the US every day? You've never been to New York. The US doesn't count it's population by country of origin.

The population of Canada is ...

What is the population of Canada 2021?
The current population of Canada is 38,121,836 as of Thursday, August 26, 2021, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.Canada Population (Live) - Worldometer
Edited by susieice

The best way to get past the issue is to address it honestly.

And the worst way is through knee-jerk reactions and flippant false accusations and an incessant desire to dwell on a past we can't change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Will

The UK and Europe are not so different population mix wise

Circa 1934:

"The forty-eight American free states live together in peace. There are among the citizens of these forty-eight states all of the various nationalities and races that live in the ever-warring nations of Europe. These Americans represent almost all the religions and religious sects and cults of the whole wide world, and yet here in North America they live together in peace. And all this is made possible because these forty-eight states have surrendered their sovereignty and have abandoned all notions of the supposed rights of self-determination.

134:6.6

It is not a question of armaments or disarmament. Neither does the question of conscription or voluntary military service enter into these problems of maintaining world-wide peace. If you take every form of modern mechanical armaments and all types of explosives away from strong nations, they will fight with fists, stones, and clubs as long as they cling to their delusions of the divine right of national sovereignty.

134:6.7

War is not man’s great and terrible disease; war is a symptom, a result. The real disease is the virus of national sovereignty.

Edited by Will Due
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

And... do you know how many immigrants enter the US every day? You've never been to New York.

That doesn't make it more 'diverse' just based om mass numbers.

If we lived on an island with 100 people from 100 different nations and cultures, that would be the definition of 'diverse'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we lived on an island with 100 people from 100 different nations and cultures, that would be the definition of 'diverse'.

A diversity p***ing contest.

That's new. Even for here .... :unsure2:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I see you haven't been to Santa Ana, CA

• Like 1

True. But you are claiming that Canada has a higher immigration rate from all nations than the US does. I added the population of Canada to my post. It's not even close. 

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Circa 1934:

"The forty-eight American free states live together in peace. There are among the citizens of these forty-eight states all of the various nationalities and races that live in the ever-warring nations of Europe. These Americans represent almost all the religions and religious sects and cults of the whole wide world, and yet here in North America they live together in peace. And all this is made possible because these forty-eight states have surrendered their sovereignty and have abandoned all notions of the supposed rights of self-determination.

134:6.6

It is not a question of armaments or disarmament. Neither does the question of conscription or voluntary military service enter into these problems of maintaining world-wide peace. If you take every form of modern mechanical armaments and all types of explosives away from strong nations, they will fight with fists, stones, and clubs as long as they cling to their delusions of the divine right of national sovereignty.

134:6.7

War is not man’s great and terrible disease; war is a symptom, a result. The real disease is the virus of national sovereignty.

Hi Will

What is your point we were talking about diversity

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I see you haven't been to Santa Ana, CA

He's never been to LA or Miami either. 

Edited by susieice

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

some get it big, some do not, depends on themselves, what logic are you talking about? 

The logic you keep banging your head on, the Afghans had nothing to do with 9/11

Afghanistan was invaded because it was the only available strategic military base for air and ground forces to mess up Iraq, Libya, Syria and Iran 

Now you're saying they have to clean up the mess because your country can't honor your end of the deal 

Not only Promises made, promises broken... This is outright betrayal is what it is 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1