Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You can tell when the Pommie planes land. You can still hear whining after the engines stop!! :lol:

No need for that :angry:

I've always considered you a very well balanced Aussie. You've got a chip on both shoulders. :P

• Haha 5

On 9/1/2021 at 9:42 AM, el midgetron said:

On 9/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, el midgetron said:

Another one of your Extreme Right-Wing media sites, it never ends with you does it, but I suppose if you are extreme right-wing where else would you go for media sources except sites like Breitbart, Zerohedge, and the Gateway Pundit. Well, as long as you continue to use these site, I will continue warn forum member of the content your posts come from my friend, I have all the patience in the world!:yes:

Below is the Credibility of Breitbart News, and according to posted information and links the site supports Anti-Semitic propaganda , White Supremists, and it supports Russian Propagandists with one of its employees even leaving to work at Sputnik News Agency. The site has very low credibility, and is known for Conspiracy Theories, both Russian along with all forms of propaganda, intentionally lies, and variety of completely fake news.  

See Breitbarts ratings below!

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, the publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Addition sources that show the low credibility of Breitbart News!

Accuracy and ideology

Breitbart News is a far-right  American news, opinion, and commentary website. Some sources describe it as a conservative news outlet or as part of the alt-right. One of the site's objectives is to court millennial conservatives. Its consistently conservative editorial positions overlap with the ideological positions of far-right European political parties.[citation needed] It supported Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, and political scientist Matthew Goodwin described Breitbart News as being "ultra-conservative" in orientation.

In August 2017, Joel Pollak, the senior editor-at-large for Breitbart News, described the "mission" of Breitbart News in this way:

#WAR has been our motto since the days of Andrew Breitbart, and we use it whenever we go to war against our three main targets, which are, in order: Hollywood and the mainstream media, number one; the Democratic Party and the institutional left, number two; and the Republican establishment in Washington, number three."

Breitbart News has published a number of falsehoods and conspiracy theories,as well as intentionally misleading stories, including claims that Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration supported ISIS. It has sometimes published these misleading stories as part of an intentional strategy to manipulate media narratives via disinformation. In July 2010, Shirley Sherrod was fired from her appointed position as GeorgiaState Director of Rural Development for the United States Department of Agriculture. Her firing was largely in response to coverage in Breitbart News of video excerpts from her address to an event of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in March 2010. Both NAACP and White House officials apologized for their statements after a longer version of her address was reviewed.

In April 2016, Stephen Piggott wrote in a Southern Poverty Law Center blog that the "outlet has undergone a noticeable shift toward embracing ideas on the extremist fringe of the conservative right" and was using "racist", "anti-Muslim" and "anti-immigrant ideas". Piggott wrote that the website was openly promoting, and had become associated with, the beliefs of the alt-right. Former editor-at-large Ben Shapiro wrote that under Bannon's leadership, "Breitbart has become the alt-right go-to website ... pushing white ethno-nationalism as a legitimate response to political correctness, and the comment section turning into a cesspool for white supremacist mememakers", describing the website as "Trump Pravda". Breitbart News has published material that has been called misogynistxenophobic, and racist. However, the owners of Breitbart News deny their website has any connection to the alt-right.

The Anti-Defamation League described Breitbart News as "the premier website of the alt-right" representing "white nationalists and unabashed anti-Semites and racists."The Zionist Organization of America rejected accusations of anti-semitism, saying that Breitbart News instead "bravely fights against anti-Semitism" and called for the ADL to apologize. An article in The Jewish Daily Forward argued that Bannon and Andrew Breitbart are anti-Semitic. An article by Shmuley Boteach in The Hilldisputed the allegations, arguing that Breitbart defends Israel against antisemitism. Alexander Marlow denies that Breitbart is a "hate-site", stating "that we're consistently called anti-Semitic despite the fact that we are overwhelmingly staffed with Jews and are pro-Israel and pro-Jewish. That is fake news."

Breitbart News has had staff members associated with white supremacists. An exposé by BuzzFeed published in October 2017 documented how Breitbart solicited story ideas and copy edits from white supremacists and neo-Nazis via the intermediation of Milo Yiannopoulos. Yiannopoulos, together with other Breitbart News employees, developed and marketed the values and tactics of these groups and attempted to make them palatable to a broader audience. According to BuzzFeed, "These new emails and documents ... clearly show that Breitbart does more than tolerate the most hate-filled, racist voices of the alt-right. It thrives on them, fueling and being fueled by some of the most toxic beliefs on the political spectrum—and clearing the way for them to enter the American mainstream."In November 2017, British anti-fascism charity Hope Not Hate identified one of the website's writers as an administrator of a far-right Facebook group that serves as a platform for fascists and white supremacists.

In 2017, the Mueller investigation examined the role of Breitbart News in Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and its role in both amplifying stories from Russian media and being amplified by Russian bots in social media. In 2017, a Breitbart News reporter left the company to join Sputnik.

In an October 2018 Simmons Research survey of 38 news organizations, Breitbart News was ranked the sixth least trusted news organization by Americans.

"Breitbart Tech"

On October 27, 2015, the website launched "Breitbart Tech", a technology journalism subsection of the site that focuses on technology, gaming, esports, and internet cultureIt was initially edited by Milo Yiannopoulos until his resignation on February 21, 2017, following the controversy surrounding questionable comments he made regarding hebephilia and the sexuality of children during two podcasts. In July 2016, Yiannopoulos was banned from Twitter after racist abuse was directed towards Ghostbusters actress Leslie Jones following Yiannopoulos's insulting tweets about her. Although Yiannopoulos's Twitter account was removed, Breitbart News has since republished the full tweet exchange and has published articles criticizing Twitter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart_News

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

No need for that :angry:

I've always considered you a very well balanced Aussie. You've got a chip on both shoulders. :P

Well, a finely sculpted example such as myself does tend to chip rather than bleed....... :innocent:

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I can hear whitby air force base from my house here in Victoria, BC Canada.  It's the sound of Freedom! 

It is freedom at work in the Pacific Northwest. But there is a down side to living that close, when the world war starts, and Whitby Island Air Force Base launches its missiles, you Had best look at your watch because you will have less than 30 minutes left before the return volley of Nukes takes out that whole area, but it will be one hell of a fireworks display I suppose. :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Well thank you my friend, I appreciate it very much especially since they are both my threads!:tu:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well thank you my friend, I appreciate it very much especially since they are both my threads!:tu:

We don't always see eye to eye, but on this i think we agree.

I'm not saying we should imprach Biden, but IMHO, and the article's, it's very likely this qualifies.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

We don't always see eye to eye, but on this i think we agree.

I'm not saying we should imprach Biden, but IMHO, and the article's, it's very likely this qualifies.

I am uncertain all the accounts are accurate, I think something's are being bent and not accurately reported. I will wait for awhile and see what is actually reported by reliable sources before I can jump on that ban wagon. If this is all true I would support it, but only time will show us that for certain and enough time has not passed yet for all the facts to be presented.

JIMO

• Like 2

22 hours ago, el midgetron said:

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Wednesday refused to comment about the leaked phone call between President Biden and former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.

Psaki dodged questions from reporters about the July 23 call, in which Biden told the Afghan leader to change the “perception” about the fight against the Taliban, “whether it’s true or not.”

“I’m not going to get into private, diplomatic conversations or leaked transcripts of phone calls,” Psaki said at a White House briefing.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/psaki-refuses-to-discuss-leaked-biden-call-with-ghani-that-shows-he-knew-afghan-army-was-collapsing/

• Like 1

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Put this in your car to complement it :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD9p1rhlz671Lu4Dv64bL

Freedom is only a dollar a go!! 

You can tell when the Pommie planes land. You can still hear whining after the engines stop!! :lol:

You just inspired a great idea!

Send the Kiwis to Afghanistan.  They never seem to go home.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You just inspired a great idea!

Send the Kiwis to Afghanistan.  They never seem to go home.

Like this...

a-picture-of-kiwi-fruit-cartoon-mascot-character-in-an-army-uniform-with-machine-gun-2BAFE44.thumb.jpg.33cd65cb4712f5d0f6289675e32bbf71.jpg

Or like this...

download.jpeg.28bf617008c091ed7ad2431c389b1d44.jpeg

• Haha 1

On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Evening Edit,” Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL) predicted that China and Russia will move into Afghanistan, and stated that the American military equipment left in the country “now can be handed over to our enemies,” and reverse-engineered.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/02/gop-rep-steube-chinas-already-trying-to-move-into-afghanistan-will-reverse-engineer-our-equipment/

6 hours ago, aztek said:

i would not worry about reverse engineering, we did not leave anything secret, nothing they already did not know how that was made. 

I think a lot of this gear is the same since I served back in the mid 90s. Humvees, Blackhawks, M16s...

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 10:19 AM, South Alabam said:

And Trump's administration never had any intention of helping any Afghans or Iraqis who aided our troops and applied for Visas to the U.S. 

Stephen Miller's forte.

• Like 3

Looks like we might have brought some Taliban home with us...

Fox News: One hundred Afghan evacuees flagged for possible terror ties: report.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/one-hundred-afghan-evacuees-flagged-for-possible-terror-ties-report?cmpid=prn_newsstand

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I didn't see that coming. There's no way Joe would have let that happen. 

Knowledgeable nod in agreement...

:yes:

Joe knows what he's doing. It fills us with confidence how competent he is.

• Haha 1

So far, Biden the worst US President ever the Democrats cheated him into Office so they own this.

This senile Buffoon has his hands on the Nuclear Briefcase.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 5:17 AM, el midgetron said:

Better yet, aging American equipment will be replaced by brand new Russian and Chinese equipment with a multitude of Chinese or Russian technicians to maintain it.   Ever have your car serviced at a dealer?  It gets spendy,

They also guzzle fuel to operate.  All a great setup for trading.  Afghan minerals concessions for Chinese technology and Russian fuel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Looks like we might have brought some Taliban home with us...

Fox News: One hundred Afghan evacuees flagged for possible terror ties: report.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/one-hundred-afghan-evacuees-flagged-for-possible-terror-ties-report?cmpid=prn_newsstand

I will wait for some confirmation.  FOX did not want any Afghan refugees here. To get all fired up and say there "may be" is justy yelling fire in a crowded theater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Will Due said:

IMG_6090.jpg

Of course this is nothing new.  Afghan warlords were diverting supplies from troops and selling them for profit under arms dealer Bush, escalator Obama and clueless traitor Trump.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 10:41 PM, Manwon Lender said:

It is freedom at work in the Pacific Northwest. But there is a down side to living that close, when the world war starts, and Whitby Island Air Force Base launches its missiles, you Had best look at your watch because you will have less than 30 minutes left before the return volley of Nukes takes out that whole area, but it will be one hell of a fireworks display I suppose. :)

If it ever comes to that (praying to god it never happens) maybe that's the best place to be. Whatever (if anything)g) is left is a going to be a cold wasteland.

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Of course this is nothing new.  Afghan warlords were diverting supplies from troops and selling them for profit under arms dealer Bush, escalator Obama and clueless traitor Trump.

Don't forget the varying levels or responsibility for Reagan, Bush, and Clinton. Possibly even Carter as well.

• Like 1