Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 AM, psyche101 said:

You can tell when the Pommie planes land. You can still hear whining after the engines stop!! :lol:

Coincidentally, I travelled to Australia the other week, and I was passing through immigration.

They said to me "Do you have a criminal record?"

I replied "I didn't realise that it was still a requirement to get in here!"

You asked for that one! :lol:

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Coincidentally, I travelled to Australia the other week, and I was passing through immigration.

They said to me "Do you have a criminal record?"

I replied "I didn't realise that it was still a requirement to get in here!"

You asked for that one! :lol:

Fair enough, I'll pay that one :w00t:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

Who gives a rat's patoot about Pompeo;s opinion?

He was the original instigator of the mess that he can now step away from.

Pfffft!

• Like 1

Joe Biden's presidency is starting out to be everything they tried to convince you Trump was going to be. And we're only 9 months in. 

My god

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, acidhead said:

Joe Biden's presidency is starting out to be everything they tried to convince you Trump was going to be. And we're only 9 months in. 

My god

In a nutshell. :tu:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Way to go Joe Tornado... Wait, they don't call him that anymore... :rofl:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, razman said:

I was thinkin maybe they could make a movie about Biden ,  and Clint Eastwood could play him.

Nah....but this actor would be perfect :-

29 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hostage Situation  

$$$$$$

1631563817739.jpg

Wow! 64 million. That should buy each Afghani citizen a couple bowls of rice. Cool.

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

In retaliation for the air port bombing.

Another good one from President Flub.

I wonder if he feels remorse. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 4:32 AM, F3SS said:

That's a terrible situation, I have seen the effects caused by military conflicts on the civilian populations far to many times during my Military Career of 23 years and during the 10 years I spent as a Contractor in the Middle East. The hardest part of that was actually seeing dead children and mothers holding their dead babies, because these people had no control over what happened to them.:cry: Once you see things like that it is impossible to unsee them, and at times it is very haunting.:cry:

But there is doubt that Bidens Administration, and especially Biden has blood on his hands from the fiasco that occurred do the completely atrocious withdrawal from Afghanistan. But with all the bad he was responsible for, one thing positive he tried to do was to support and try to get as many of the loyal Afghans who supported us out of that country. In that respect he did succeed  to in getting 75%+ out of the country and he didn't abandon our allies or put them in harms way like the Trump Administration did in Syria. 

During my time working as a US Contractor in the Middle East, I worked in Iraq, Afghanistan, and between 2016 - 2019 I was in Syria 10 times for 3 months per trip. I always had a Kurdish interpreter assigned to me for the time I was in country, along with Kurdish and US Military that were assigned to me for my security when myself and my teams were performing our duties in villages or in the Syrian countryside. The Kurdish fighters and people were loyal to our forces to a falt, and they would go as far as sacrificing their lives to save an American and did just that in both Iraq and Syria. 

While I was in those countries I confidently put the lives of myself and my teams in their hands without any concern doing so. There are no other people in the Middle East that I would trust to even be around around outside of the Kurds. Unlike the rest of groups in the Middle East the Kurds policed themselves, if they even suspected that any of their own people may be a risk to security, they just disappeared to where, I don't know and I trusted the decision made so I never asked because I knew it was for everyone's good. 

Below are some examples of what happened under the Trump Administration in Syria do to Air strikes and Drone strikes in civilian population centers. This is only an very very small number of the innocent civilian deaths caused by US Aircraft and US Drone strikes, in all actually their were many thousands killed the exact numbers will never be known. Trumps withdrawal from Syria was also a disaster and he totally abandoned our allies and kept me be slaughtered.

""Fighting for control of the town of Manbji has taken a tragic toll on civilians. Last month the US announced an inquiry after activists said its warplanes had killed 73 civilians, mostly women and children, after bombing a suburb. The US military later admitted that a separate airstrike around the city may have killed a further 28 civilians""

""However, despite warnings that killing so many civilians undermined the fight against Isis, the US rejected calls for a halt to the bombardment, saying that capturing the city is critical to eventually capturing Raqqa."" Located close to the Turkish border, Manbij has served as a key transit point along Isis’s supply route to Raqqa, allowing them to transport fighters and equipment in and out of the country.""  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/06/us-backed-syrian-fighters-take-town-of-manbij-from-isis

"US to step aside for Turkish assault on Kurds in Syria"

""The White House said Sunday that U.S. forces in northeast Syria will move aside and clear the way for an expected Turkish assault, essentially abandoning Kurdish fighters who fought alongside American forces in the yearslong battle to defeat Islamic State militants. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has threatened for months to launch the military operation across the border. He views the Kurdish forces as a threat to his country. Republicans and Democrats have warned that allowing the Turkish attack could lead to a massacre of the Kurds and send a troubling message to American allies across the globe.""

"Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., one of Trump’s most vocal backers, also weighed in via tweet, saying that, “If press reports are accurate this is a disaster in the making.”

"House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Monday in an appearance on “Fox & Friends” that he had not spoken with Trump about the decision and had concerns."

"Key Republican leaders in Congress appeared taken aback by President Trumps move."

"But his goal of swift withdrawals in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan have been stymied by concerns from U.S. officials and American allies about the dangerous voids that would remain. As he faces an impeachment inquiry at home, Trump has appeared more focused on making good on his political pledges, even at the risk of sending a troubling signal to American allies abroad"https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-syria-ap-top-news-politics-international-news-1517087f2d3b4f6685fc9802bce370e6

"Thousands flee, hundreds reported dead in Turkish attack on U.S.-allied Kurds in Syria"

"Turkey pounded Kurdish militia in northeast Syria for a second day on Thursday, forcing tens of thousands of people to flee and killing at least dozens of people in a cross-border assault on U.S. allies that has turned the Washington establishment against President Donald Trump.""

""U.S. lawmakers and media have said Trump essentially gave Erdogan the green light for Turkey’s military to go into northeast Syria but the official disputed that. “We gave them a very clear red light, I’ve been involved in those red lights and I know the President did that on Sunday,” the official said.""

""Later, the U.S. State Department official said the United States would penalize Turkey if it engages in any “inhumane and disproportionate” moves against civilians. That would include “ethnic cleansing, it would include in particular indiscriminate artillery, air and other fires directed at civilian population,” the official said.""https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-security-turkey-usa-idUSKBN1WP0VH

US troops believe Turkey deliberately fired artillery at an American commando outpost in Syria reported by the US Army Times. 

""American troops and former U.S. officials believe a Turkish artillery strike on Friday that landed about 300 meters from a U.S. commando outpost near the Syrian city of Kobani was done deliberately. According to the Washington Post, an Army officer with knowledge of the situation said that multiple 155 mm artillery rounds had been fired near the U.S. outpost landing on both sides of the base with a “bracketing effect.”

""Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon Friday that Turkey had the locations of U.S. forces “down to explicit grid coordinate detail.”  With knowledge of the locations of U.S. forces , former U.S. Army Europe commander retired Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, tweeted that the positions of U.S. forces should have been plugged into artillery fire control computers as “no fire areas,” or NFAs.""

""Michael Fonda, a Marine veteran who served in the first battle of Fallujah, Iraq, told Military Times that Turkey is trying to “smoke” special operations forces out of Kobani."" Fonda volunteered to fight with the YPG against ISIS militants in Syria in 2015.""

"Fonda said he sees President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw a handful of special operators from northern Syria as a betrayal to the Kurds who fought and died to clear ISIS from the region."" https://www.militarytimes.com/2019/10/13/us-troops-believe-turkey-deliberately-fired-artillery-at-an-american-commando-outpost-in-syria/

Syria: Damning evidence of war crimes and other violations by Turkish forces and their allies

""Turkish military forces and a coalition of Turkey-backed Syrian armed groups have displayed a shameful disregard for civilian life, carrying out serious violations and war crimes, including summary killings and unlawful attacks that have killed and injured civilians, during the offensive into northeast Syria, said Amnesty International today.""

In one of the most horrific attacks documented, a Kurdish Red Crescent worker described how he pulled bodies from the wreckage of a Turkish air strike on 12 October at around 7am, in which two munitions landed near to a school in Salhiye, where civilians displaced by the fighting had sought shelter.

""Another Kurdish Red Crescent worker described to Amnesty International his attempts to rescue an 11-year-old boy and an eight-year-old girl who were injured when mortars landed as they played outside their home near al-Salah mosque in Qamishli. He said that Qamishli had come under heavy indiscriminate attack since 10 October and residential homes, a bakery and restaurant had been struck. The boy later died of his wounds. His sister was also struck by shrapnel in the attack and doctors were forced to amputate part of her leg below the knee. The rescue worker said there were no military bases or checkpoints anywhere in the vicinity.""

""Amnesty International also corroborated witness testimony, verified video footage and reviewed a medical report to shed light on how Hevrin Khalaf, a Kurdish female politician and Secretary General of the Future Syria political party, was ambushed on 12 October on the international highway linking Raqqa to Qamishli. She was dragged out of her car, beaten and shot dead in cold blood by fighters from Ahrar al-Sharqiya. They also summarily killed her bodyguard"" https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/press-release/2019/10/syria-damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-and-other-violations-by-turkish-forces-and-their-allies/

Trump defends pulling troops out of Syria: ‘The Kurds didn’t help us in the Second World War’

"Donald Trump has defended allowing Turkey to invade northern Syria by saying the Kurdish people “didn’t help us in the Second World War. Mr Trump’s comments about the Kurdish people attracted immediate mockery online.""

""Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina senator and close Trump ally, has repeatedly attacked the president for withdrawing troops from northern Syria. Lindsey Graham went on to say:"" 

Pray for our Kurdish allies who have been shamelessly abandoned by the Trump Administration,” he tweeted on Tuesday, as Turkish fighter jets began bombing the region.""

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-syria-turkey-invasion-sdf-civilians-second-world-war-erdogan-a9149861.html

On 9/18/2021 at 6:57 PM, F3SS said:

I wonder if he feels remorse. 

I'm not sure I've heard him even recognize that it happened. Perhaps he DOESN'T EVEN KNOW. Being as he generally only speaks to what he's told to say, I'd not find it crazy that no one ever told him. And the few media reporters he's allowed to speak to are in the bag and not going to ask him.

Edit: This is from the 17th.

https://time.com/6099377/afghanistan-drone-strike-counterterrorism/

President Joe Biden himself initially held up the drone strike as an example of success in his so-called “over-the-horizon” strategy...

Biden has yet to respond publicly to the announcement regarding the mistaken drone strike. 

Article goes on to say how the US Military offers condolences and recognizes this horrible error. But nothing from Joe....

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Several top generals, before The Senate, contradict some of Biden's statements on the withdrawal.

Fox News: Reporters rush to Biden's defense as military generals contradict the president over Afghanistan withdrawal.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/reporters-defend-biden-contradicting-military-generals

Several reporters rushed to President Biden's defense after top military officials suggested the president lied about the advice he received in regards to the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and head of U.S. Central Command Gen. Kenneth McKenzie testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday. During their testimony, they described the Biden administration’s role in the Afghanistan withdrawal and how they both recommended the U.S. maintain a 2,500 troop presence in Afghanistan.

However, in an August interview with ABC New, Biden was asked if his military advisers advised him to maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan.

"No. No one said that to me that I can recall," Biden responded. 

So, he's either lying, or he has memory loss? Any other option?

On 8/16/2021 at 8:14 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Afghanistan is the grave of Empires, it’s where superpowers go to die. The British Empire, The Soviets, the American Alliance, soon the Chinese.

HOWEVER Biden was caught in Catch-22, either he follows through with Trump’s plan to pull out knowing the consequences or stay and be called a warmonger. 

Or he could have had an orderly exit that protects those who supported the allies.  Instead he ditched them and ordered a dose of mayhem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...