Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Manwon Lender

25 minutes ago, acidhead said:

July 8, 2021 

Biden assured Afghanistan was secure and safe ------> 

American troops went 18 months without a casualty.   The Taliban were sticking to their end of the deal they had with Trump.   Then idiot biden decided not to honor the deal and leave by May.  Then his bumbling effort to leave happens and we are seeing the results of his ineptness.  

• Like 1

OMFG 

The Taliban controll the checkpoints.  

How the hell did they get through????? 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

The Taliban were sticking to their end of the deal they had with Trump.

Did ISIS-K have a deal with trump?

Were the Taliban responsible for the bombings 

• Like 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

Did ISIS-K have a deal with trump?

Were the Taliban responsible for the bombings 

Taliban man all the checkpoints.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

The Taliban are playing politics.

They and ISIS-K and all the other groups, are on the same side and working together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I know that - I also know we had check points in Belfast for many years manned by government forces - bombs still got through

and just to add according to a US general 

“We share versions of our information with the Taliban, so that they can actually do some searching out there for us and we believe that some attacks have been thwarted by them,” Afghanistan live news: at least 60 civilians and 12 US service members killed as Islamic State claims responsibility for Kabul attacks | World news | The Guardian

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

Al Jazeera is reporting that 72 died (12 were US soldiers), and a hell of a lot were injured.

Some news channels have it at 4 attacks with 2 being this evening.

Edited by Cookie Monster

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Personally, I wouldn't have stepped a foot in that God forsaken country. 

Hi Acidhead

Just before I found out that I was a grampa I spoke with the Canadian forces to see what contractors were there working on reconstruction and I was told that at that time the Canadians were not using civilians but the air force recruiter asked me to re-enlist so that they could use me there. I refused because I wanted to go as a civilian.

I knew and understood the risks involved but would never consider taking family.

20 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Those who CHOSE to stay were assured by the POTUS Joe "81 million votes" Biden that Afghanistan was safe and secure and had nothing to worry about.  

This has been known for over a year and how many of those civilians are dual citizens of both American and Afghanistan and were non-essential? I personally don't know what each individual was thinking so why they did not take appropriate actions on their own is unknown to me, you and everyone else, if you live in a country that is high risk the the onus is on the individual to ensure the safety of their families no matter what anyone says. I don't believe politicians, never have nor do I depend on them and watch my own back which means I pay attention to what is happening in my environment. I find it highly unlikely that there was no word on the street by locals that things were going to get tough and that is where I would have been looking. Have none of you people ever lived in a dangerous place?

32 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Biden didn't lie.  

He and his administration were incompetent in the decision making process and it's costing lives by the second ATM. 

It doesn't matter who is president this was going to be a sh!t show and all I am seeing is finger pointing and that doesn't help anyone on the ground. Yes I feel sorry for those people but if they would have taken the initiative to get their families out as early as possible much of this could have been avoided.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, acidhead said:

OMFG 

:wacko: 

Well….that was ****ing stupid of them wasn’t it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The Taliban are playing politics.

They and ISIS-K and all the other groups, are on the same side and working together.

ISIS-K according to Aussie reports hate the Taliban as much as they do the West. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

seems like after such performance an impeachment is in order

Did we impeach Bush or Obama for getting us in there or into Iraq or killing 7000+ US military?  Have we cared in the last twenty years if a hundred thousand Afghani and Iraqis  died as a result?  Not so much.

Will Biden become a brave hero if he uses this provocation to drop some big ordinance on Kandahar or some other Afghan cities in reprisal?  Doubt it.  No way he can win this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closed for business said:

Hi el midgetron

I didn't call anyone stupid but am wondering why people that knew that the country was turned over would not get out much earlier it's not like this just popped up out of nowhere and yes I do think people are responsible for themselves as well and if they put themselves in that situation the govt shouldn't carry the sole responsibility for blame. That is what most of you are doing here is playing the blame game with Trump or Biden so why not be realistic about why these people made choices to wait and compromise themselves.

I’m not going to blame the Americans and our allies that are stuck there for getting stuck there. They didn’t know the country was going to be “handed over” to the Taliban. That wasn’t even the plan. The plan was to leave Afghanistan’s security in the hands of the Afghanistan government and military. No body knew (including Biden) that it was a house of cards that was going to completely implode. The Americans who are stranded there didn’t know the Taliban was taking over. 

I think your attitude is pretty comparable to telling someone who is beaten and mugged that it was their choice to go out for a walk.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, acidhead said:

OMFG 

:wacko: 

Wow. Someone needs to lose their job for that one.

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Wow. Someone needs to lose their job for that one.

More like a blindfold and a cigarette.

4 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I think your attitude is pretty comparable to telling someone who is beaten and mugged that it was their choice to go out for a walk.

I think you should pay attention to what people are actually saying, I am not blaming anyone but am asking why people did not independently take precautions? What did you think was going to happen there it is a drug producing country with warlords and yes everyone has known for more than a year that the Americans were pulling out. Why are you so objective about people accepting responsibility for their own lives is that how you live, putting all the blame on someone else and not accepting responsibility for your actions? That is not meant as a derogatory comment/question I don't know you or your life experiences but I do know mine which is why I am putting forward that some of the onus is on the individual.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Can you please reference this? I had not heard this before.

You do realize that July 7 is 5 days AFTER the last combat unit left Afghanistan?

And July 15 is the same day as the fall of Kabul.

Thats not a month of notice, that is just over a week, 8 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_United_States_troops_from_Afghanistan_(2020–2021)

Can you please confirm how much warning the embassy gave?

The city of Kabul fell into Taliban hands not on July 15 like you said above, but on August 15 check your comments. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Kabul_(2021)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

A day ago, there were 15k+ Americans that still couldn’t get to the airport and this was the biggest debacle in history.  Today, there are about 1500 Americans behind the lines and Bidet is responsible for the greatest airlift in history.  ??  Something not right.  Too much spin, not even reasonable.  And the Administration is trying to blame those Americans still left.  That is the ultimate in cowardice.  9/11 is coming up.  I’d hate to see some 3000 bound Americans brought onto the tarmac, lined up and at the signal, all are beheaded at the same time.  Reminiscent of what Saladin did to the Crusaders.

I've been thinking the same thing for a few days now. Like the same exact thing. What a way it would be to spike their victory 

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

She will be worse.

She's so God awfully unprepared and unfit. Biden at least pretends he knows how to govern. She is an empty shell.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

might as well go for triple, include Pelosi too.

Did you hear "no masks for the rich" Nancy the other day say this is just what withdrawing looks like? 

39 minutes ago, closed for business said:

I knew and understood the risks involved but would never consider taking family.

You can't condemn these people to a life of hell based on your hypothetical foresight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Why aren’t we seeing stars being turned in, in resignation?

You always quick to make comments do you talk that way where you work, or just here on the internet :rolleyes:

Dont answer the question is obvious. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You always quick to make comments do you talk that way where you work, or just here on the internet :rolleyes:

Dont answer the question is obvious. 

When it is blatantly obvious, it can never be too quick.  If it was Trump, there’d be officers resigning left and right (all Obama era promotions).

When it comes to obvious, you are clueless.  So I'm not worried.

37 minutes ago, F3SS said:

You can't condemn these people to a life of hell based on your hypothetical foresight. 

Hi F3SS

I am not condemning anyone I was just asking a question that everyone blew a gasket over and given how everyone says what liars politicians are why get upset when someone asks why if they think their govt is full of idiots do individuals not take on responsibility for themselves to some degree? I haven't pointed a blame finger at anyone by asking a question nor do I intend to but do see lots of people distracted with the blame game and not seeing anyone actually doing anything here doing to help those people. Fine if you just want to fight with me for asking questions if that is the limit of you abilities but it will not help anyone in Afghanistan.

Edited by closed for business
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, closed for business said:

I think you should pay attention to what people are actually saying, I am not blaming anyone but am asking why people did not independently take precautions?

In a normal situation, I would agree, but here you had the Coward-in-Chief tell people not to worry, stay home, you have time.  The Taliban is nowhere close to taking Kabul.  The allies got you covered.  If there is only one person in the world that should be trusted, it should be the President of the United States.  Well, that is now thrown out the window.  Our enemies feared us and our allies respected us when Trump was President.  Because he did what he said.

Ignore what Biden says, his speeches are written for him

We need to focus on actions and incompetence. The big day, the biggest blood bath in US history, is still pencilled in for the 31st. France, Germany, and Italy have all stopped evacuations. Britain might do after tomorrow. The US aint getting everyone out, but the Taliban sure are going to get them at that airport once the Americans leave.