Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

We built and trained an army off 300k of their people under those principles. They did not give a shlt.

That’s the thing. The philosophical culture of Afghanistan is apparently not on par with 18th century Western Civilization.

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

i wonder how much all of that cost to taxpayers?

oh,  and what is in 3.5T budget? i wondering about that too,

At least 20 years, several thousand lives, the world trade centers, a few trillion dollars and a lot of angst.

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

People dying is irrelevant. It's how much money is made from it. Why else leave all that equipment there? 

I know you're talking about the rich players in the MIC but the taliban are winning the traditional way. They control their land and will likely kill the enemies left behind. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, Will Due said:

What if they don't?

What if they show themselves to be honorable and benevolent?

Then what?

then pigs fly, lol

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It's how much money is made from it. Why else leave all that equipment there? 

My guess is Biden and his administration of experts, as they all ready have admitted, did not foresee the Afghan military and government folding like they did.  

So the equipment was left for them. 

Each base the Taliban over ran should have been bombed immediately when they began to occur to deter further take overs. But they weren't bombed immediately.  Why?  Why no deterrent strikes early on? 

None of their decision making makes any sense. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

That’s the thing. The philosophical culture of Afghanistan is apparently not on par with 18th century Western Civilization.

That's it. It's firmly rooted in ancient barbaric principles. Perhaps if we could snap our fingers and land them in a fully built capitalistic society in their homeland with food and air conditioning and an abundance of leisure then maybe we could shift their mindset but thats not the case.

Edited by F3SS

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Pretty sure American was doing just fine before we invaded Afghanistan,

Then what's the purpose? 

The goodness of bleeding Red, White and Blue? 

~

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

then pigs fly, lol

Yeah yeah. Dreams to nightmares. 

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Then what's the purpose? 

~

bleeding red, and making green,  your country would do exact same thing if it was in a position to do so,

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

bleeding red, and making green,  your country would do exact same thing if it was in a position to do so,

Maybe, and after all these years of making "green" what have "your" country have to show for it?

Show me the money? 

~

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Yes it does. Having literally the mentally ill running the world, it makes perfect sense.

24 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Thank you. 

"...  and the U.S. Embassy strongly suggests that U.S. citizens make plans to leave Afghanistan as soon as possible."

That is good, but it is not an order.

My friend it's obvious you have no experience with traveling overseas, the US Government can't order anyone out. I spent more than 10 years working as US Contractor in the Middle East and I worked in Afghanistan a great deal of that time, I retired in 2019. When I would Arrive in country I would automatically sign up for the STEP program and notify the US Embassy of my presence. 

Even here in Korea where I am currently living I am signed up for the same program and I receive threat alerts on my phone. My friend anyone left behind made some very bad decisions for not getting out months ago, it's common sense that when the US Soldiers were leaving it was time to leave before that happened. 

Its called common sense when you receive a message telling you that the US Embassy personal are being evacuated like that message said that it was time to leave. Now I have no idea why there would be any American Citizens left, do you, if it was your life would you have stayed with the warning alerts. coming in ?

Honestly my friend think it about that before you answer. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

My guess is Biden and his administration of experts, as they all ready have admitted, did not foresee the Afghan military and government folding like they did.  

So the equipment was left for them. 

Each base the Taliban over ran should have been bombed immediately when they began to occur to deter further take overs. But they weren't bombed immediately.  Why?  Why no deterrent strikes early on? 

no way,, they could not possibly be that stupid to not foresee it,  and to not expect it form an occupied country, 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, F3SS said:

We built and trained an army off 300k of their people under those principles. They did not give a shlt.

The mass corruption and the guy with his ass on the line, a gun in his hand and not getting paid?

Edited by Likely Guy

5 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That's it. It's firmly rooted in ancient barbaric principles. Perhaps if we could snap our fingers and land them in a fully built capitalistic society in their homeland with food and air conditioning and an abundance of leisure then maybe we could shift their mindset but thats not the case.

I reject that characterization. It’s accurate for today and it’s a serious problem. However, in the colonies and the 18th century world of our founding fathers that characterizations is inaccurate.

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Then what's the purpose? 

~

9/11

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Maybe, and after all these years of making "green" what have "your" country have to show for it?

Show me the money? 

~

pretty much everything, until recent political wind,  people from almost every country immigrated to usa, more than to any other country, what do you think they came for? green of course,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

I reject that characterization. It’s accurate for today and it’s a serious problem. However, in the colonies and the 18th century world of our founding fathers that characterizations is inaccurate.

The people make civilization. 

Civilization does not make the people.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

pretty much everything, until recent political wind,  people from almost every country immigrated to usa, more than to any other country, what do you think they came for? green of course,

Or greed 

4 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

9/11

August 31st

*Malaysia Independence Day*

(Just in case you're wondering)

~

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

Do they get it or don't they get it? 

Your flawed logic here is that just because you think you get to choose your puppet you also get to pull the strings...

~

Edited by third_eye
Never mind
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

If that were true the US would be the most populous country.

• Like 3

Just now, Likely Guy said:

If that were true the US would be the most populous country.

No other country is as diverse as America. Every race, religion, ethnic group and culture is represented in the USA. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I really don't know how accurate. I don't find anything funny but we do know that they scored a hell of a lot of stuff. Is there an accurate list out there?

Actually I doubt there is, but the list you posted was designed as a political propaganda tool. I am not saying that's why you posted it, but that's what it is all the same. 

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

28 dead Taliban in attacks 

China State Media 

The political left is probably going to have candle light vigils for the dead Taliban.,,,

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No other country is as diverse as America. Every race, religion, ethnic group and culture is represented in the USA. 

That's BS, Canada is by far more multicultural. More than a third of the people living in our largest city weren't even born in the country.

Yet, we get along, because we celebrate our diversity.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3