Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's botched Afghanistan exit is a disaster at home and abroad long in the making

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Do you live there?

I lived in Vancouver and Winnipeg. They were plenty multicultural.

As well as small town Likely, we're about 370 people. We have two families of Cambodians, one of Filipino and one Jamaican.

I just wish someone would open another restaurant.

Hi Likely

I live in Calgary and it is very diverse, really missed going to the festivals last year and this year as it is an enjoyable experience to have

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not in the USA.

How else did Barack Obama get elected President of the United States twice?

And then there was the whole Trump birtherism thing. Explain that.

• Like 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

And then there was the whole Trump birtherism thing. Explain that.

I see you've never heard of politics. 

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

And now we have a leftist retard running the show.

Before that you had an escaped orangutan, so no matter what, it's a big step up.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnVblaC7-ZNgBczWlPx4k

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

And the chickens have come home to roost.

More eggs is a good thing. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, Will Due said:

I see you've never heard of politics. 

Was that meant facetiously or rhetorically?

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Do you live there?

I lived in Vancouver and Winnipeg. They were plenty multicultural.

As well as small town Likely, we're about 370 people. We have two families of Cambodians, one of Filipino and one Jamaican.

I just wish someone would open another restaurant.

I'm 50 miles from New York. As for the last job I held where I do live I had co-workers from Philippines, Korea, India, Ghana, Egypt, Belarus, Czech Republic, Mexico...not to mention all the European countries we came from. We even held a Christmas around the World festival for our residents.

As for festivals.....my area has huge festivals celebrating the diversity of the area from the Lebanese Festival, Greek Orthodox, German, Celtic, San Gennaro, Puerto Rico, Chinese New Year....I just posted in my status about Celtic Fest which begins the end of September. The National Championship of the Highland Games will be decided there and Musikfest was just held the first two weeks of August. One of the largest music festivals in the country and they not only have a band from Germany that comes every year but musicians from Canada to Peru come to perform. That's the German festival. You should come party with us. The food is great!

I'm not crying Trump or posting memes. I love the area I live in.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Was that meant facetiously or rhetorically?

It's what makes America great. First, having banished systemic racism back in the 70's, we elect Barack Hussein Obama to the WH. Then, when for some stupid reason, he stirs up the racist pot again so we throw the bum out and replace him with his nemesis. 

What a country!

I wonder how long before Joe collapses under the weight of all the deceit and lies that got him to where he's at as an invalid? I guess we'll find out when many more die in Afghanistan in the coming days and weeks.

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm 50 miles from New York. As for the last job I held where I do live I had co-workers from Philippines, Korea, India, Ghana, Egypt, Belarus, Czech Republic, Mexico...not to mention all the European countries we came from. We even held a Christmas around the World festival for our residents.

As for festivals.....my area has huge festivals celebrating the diversity of the area from the Lebanese Festival, Greek Orthodox, German, Celtic, San Gennaro, Puerto Rico, Chinese New Year....I just posted in my status about Celtic Fest which begins the end of September. The National Championship of the Highland Games will be decided there and Musikfest was just held the first two weeks of August. One of the largest music festivals in the country and they not only have a band from Germany that comes every year but musicians from Canada to Peru come to perform. That's the German festival. You should come party with us. The food is great!

You are truly blessed. I wish I was that lucky. We are getting more Chinese and IndoCanadian tourists.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Hi Susieice

Last year my neighbor was griping about people of color being elected in city politics and after about 10 minutes I interrupted and said "you do remember that my daughter and grand-daughter are black right". He saw them daily for 9 months when they were living here with me and spoke with both of them several times.:lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

First, having banished systemic racism back in the 70's,

Oh really? We're still addressing that problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

You are truly blessed. I wish I was that lucky. We are getting more Chinese and IndoCanadian tourists.

The thing is that we do all get along and we celebrate together. The vast majority of Americans are not at each others throats like the ones we hear about on the news. We even celebrate foods. We have a strawberry festival, a food truck festival, garlicfest (everything has garlic in it) baconfest (yum). After all the misery last summer, this summer is hopping and this will go on until late September, early October. Baconfest is generally the last one. I'm not sure when it will be this year. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh really? We're still addressing that problem.

No we're not. Now the only racist problem we have is that certain people have been sucked into believing the media's lies (that Obama instigated) that they're victims of racism that doesn't exist. Except for their own racism now towards imaginary oppressors. 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, susieice said:

As for festivals.....my area has huge festivals celebrating the diversity of the area from the Lebanese Festival, Greek Orthodox, German, Celtic, San Gennaro, Puerto Rico, Chinese New Year....I just posted in my status about Celtic Fest which begins the end of September. The National Championship of the Highland Games will be decided there and Musikfest was just held the first two weeks of August. One of the largest music festivals in the country and they not only have a band from Germany that comes every year but musicians from Canada to Peru come to perform. That's the German festival. You should come party with us. The food is great

I think the German one is pretty universal, we have a lot of those events you mentioned but the beer fest is huge. Ours is in October. Every single state and capital city I'm pretty sure.

And the sausages just top it off. What a fantastic day! German sausages and beer are a perfect match.

16 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm not crying Trump or posting memes. I love the area I live in.

You have no idea how much fun your missing out on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It's what makes America great. First, having banished systemic racism back in the 70's, we elect Barack Hussein Obama to the WH. Then, when for some stupid reason, he stirs up the racist pot again so we throw the bum out and replace him with his nemesis. 

What a country!

I wonder how long before Joe collapses under the weight of all the deceit and lies that got him to where he's at as an invalid? I guess we'll find out when many more die in Afghanistan in the coming days and weeks.

If you really believe systemic racism was banished in the 1970s, you obviously were not alive then. Drink some coffee Will, your a bit delusional at the moment a good cup it Coffee make bring you back to reality.:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, closed for business said:

Hi Acidhead

So now all of a sudden politicians tell the truth, for years I have been watching the same people flip flop on the credibility and today they were honest no one that is in Afghanistan knows what it was like before or that it will revert back to what it was or that if they didn't get out that they would be in trouble? At what point would you have waited till before you got yourself and your family out of there when this turn over was publicly known for over a year does no one have any personal responsibility for what they do?

Then the only thing left to say is that all those who stayed in Afghanistan are Biden supporters and they believed every word he said. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The city of Kabul fell into Taliban hands not on July 15 like you said above, but on August 15 check your comments. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Kabul_(2021)

I read my own link again and you're right. So they did have about a months warning. At least in Kabul.

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No we're not. Now the only racist problem we have is that certain people have been sucked into believing the media's lies (that Obama instigated) that they're victims of racism that doesn't exist. Except for their own racism now towards imaginary oppressors. 

Well, imagination is your forte isn't it Will. You're as good as imagining things as anyone. 

Thank goodness you drop the fortune cookie speak when you discuss politics. Makes life easier. 

Edited by psyche101

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

If you really believe systemic racism was banished in the 1970s, you obviously were not alive then. Drink some coffee Will, your a bit delusional at the moment a good cup it Coffee make bring you back to reality.:rolleyes:

In Southern California in the 70's, where I lived, blacks, whites, Mexicans, all got along and hung out together. But there where young punks, like there are today, who needed to do what they always do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, susieice said:

The vast majority of Americans are not at each others throats like the ones we hear about on the news. We even celebrate foods.

Hi Susieice

I am sure most of us do not judge a whole country just because of some people that are vocal I know I don't. Heer in the forum many of us have been talking for years about many subjects with discussions getting heated at times and some things do not get expressed properly so generalizations are made that just identifying that it is just that persons individual perception. I have my run ins with people here at times and none of that makes me dislike anyone and more inclined to playfully grind their gears but there is no ill will in me over it.:D

Edited by closed for business
A hopeless endeavor to correct at least one defect
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Then the only thing left to say is that all those who stayed in Afghanistan are Biden supporters and they believed every word he said. 

Hi Kartikg

Beats me, who knows, I don't and am not going to discuss this avenue any further it's all Joe's fault so they say.

33 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I think the German one is pretty universal, we have a lot of those events you mentioned but the beer fest is huge. Ours is in October. Every single state and capital city I'm pretty sure.

And the sausages just top it off. What a fantastic day! German sausages and beer are a perfect match.

You have no idea how much fun your missing out on.

Musikfest here goes for 10 days. From 11 am until 11 pm. We get big name bands here too. I've seen so many. Jefferson Starship, Alice Cooper, Culture Club, The Village People, Creedence, Three Dog Night, Little Richard, The Dixie Chicks, Kenny Chesney...so many over the years. There's one every night of the festival. Plus all the other stages. Musicians come from all over the country and, like I said, from Canada to Peru to perform. There are trolleys that go around the festival to take you to the different platzes (stages) or you can walk as artists and craftsmen have their own platzes too. There are small stages and food on all the streets too. It all ends with a huge fireworks display.

Strudel. You have to have strudel.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Here's the schedule for the 2021 Musikfest. All summer we just hoped Covid would hold off and the festival would be a go. Some of the acts scheduled for 2022 are listed here.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehighvalley/details-announced-lineup-set-for-musikfest-2021/article_3970c7ce-bd88-11eb-822a-47d1cee8405b.html

Here's a map of the festival. The north map shows the steel stacks stage where the bigger acts play now.

https://www.musikfest.org/info/map/

Festplatz is the main German stage with polka and German foods. There's food all over the place really. Beer stands and Jack Daniels stands.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

Musikfest here goes for 10 days. From 11 am until 11 am. We get big name bands here too. I've seen so many. Jefferson Starship, Alice Cooper, Culture Club, The Village People, Creedence, Three Dog Night, Little Richard, The Dixie Chicks, Kenny Chesney...so many over the years. There's one every night of the festival. Plus all the other stages. Musicians come from all over the country and, like I said, from Canada to Peru to perform. There are trolleys that go around the festival to take you to the different platzes (stages) or you can walk as artists and craftsmen have their own platzes too. There are small stages and food on all the streets too. 

Wow, that sounds awesome. If I ever do visit the states I'll have to time it to see some of that. I really love music festivals..

We have a couple big yearly music festivals. Blues festival in Broadbeach, Splendour in the grass and Blue Moon over Byron are the big recurring events. Jack Johnson was in Byron year before last. 

I'll never be too old for festivals. You've got me travelling memory lane now......

Ahhh, summer days. Festivals :)

Great lyrics this one ;)

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

In Southern California in the 70's, where I lived, blacks, whites, Mexicans, all got along and hung out together. But there where young punks, like there are today, who needed to do what they always do.

Yea and they all did drugs as part of the cultural revolution, I am very familiar with it I lived it. I also lived through Forced Bussing, I lived in St.Louis county, and was bussed to St. Louis, city while minorities were bussed to my school, but even with my experiences I am not racist. But, you can't judge the country from the little bubble you grew up, the big cities across the Midwest and all the way back East institutional racism has existed and still does, especially in the South. 

No offense but it appears you have not traveled much in your life, like maybe not far from where you were born. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Those comments are delusional, the people who stayed in Afghanistan were Contractors who were there for the money. I was one for  little over 10 years, after my Military Retirement. They paid me over $150,000 plus a year, and I am not a Biden or Trump supporter because their both idiots, I risked my life to make my families life better. So please don't try and bend this into some kind of political agenda because it isn't, those Americans left behind were just like me, except they didn't know when to get out, I retired in 2019. I truly feel terrible for those left behind some of them may be people I know but they made bad decisions by staying until now. 

So don't cheapen the memories of those still there, and for those who just died none of their deaths are political they are do to a catastrophic withdrawal plan, that would have been no better or worst under Trump. Trump provided his abilities with a military withdrawal in Syria, which proves if he was still the President nothing would have changed. 

JIMO

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2