Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK will welcome thousands of new refugees

Silver

On 8/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Yawn, we know from the news practically no Afghans are making it here.

Lets say the final total is 20,000, thats a drop in the ocean.

Let's hope we don't make them worried or anxious.

Thousands of Afghans evacuated to Britain in recent weeks are set to be placed in temporary hotel accommodation for an indefinite period as local councils say they have been left “in the dark” about how they can help.

Charities warn that the mental health of already traumatised people is likely to suffer as a result of the use of hotels, and that this will be exacerbated by the lack of information given to them about when and where they will be permanently housed.

The lack of clarity was causing “unnecessary worrying and anxiety,” to new arrivals, said one charity working with refugees.

Thousands of Afghans to be held in hotels indefinitely | The Independent

Edited by The Silver Shroud

I'm wondering if there is a security risk in our acceptance of so many thousands of people from Afghanistan:

Waheed Totakhyl, who says his brother is a military commander for the Taliban in east Kabul, has told Sky News that since it captured Afghanistan, the country is "safer than Europe".

Mr Totakhyl says the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan has left it 'safer than Europe'

In 2010, he publicly called for the death of American soldiers in Afghanistan during a protest at the US consulate in Edinburgh.

'He needs to be deported': Concerns over Taliban supporter helping Afghan refugees (msn.com)

Our PM is unable to clarify the situation with regard to how many Brits are still stuck in Afghanistan, let alone refugees: ‘So, your question is a really good one but the answer is that obviously there are some – and, er, and, er, we care for them very much, we’re thinking about them, we’re doing everything we can to help – but the extent of the evacuation, the extraction that has already happened, has I think really amazed people. Boris Johnson rambles as he fails to answer how many Brits are stuck in Kabul | Metro News

Edited by The Silver Shroud

An Afghan national has been arrested in connection with a stabbing after officials said the man did not approve of a woman working as a gardener.

A 29-year-old Afghan “refugee” attacked a woman in a yard in Berlin suburb Wilmersdorf Saturday afternoon for gardening, police said, brutally stabbing the 58-year-old woman repeatedly in the neck.

When a 66-year-old passer-by tried to help the innocent woman, the “refugee” stabbed him critically as well.

The man had accosted the woman and apparently objected to seeing a woman working in public.

https://www.westernjournal.com/afghan-national-stabs-woman-working-outside-didnt-think-appropriate-job-women/

More 'cultural enrichment' to follow.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

An Afghan national has been arrested in connection with a stabbing after officials said the man did not approve of a woman working as a gardener.

A 29-year-old Afghan “refugee” attacked a woman in a yard in Berlin suburb Wilmersdorf Saturday afternoon for gardening, police said, brutally stabbing the 58-year-old woman repeatedly in the neck.

When a 66-year-old passer-by tried to help the innocent woman, the “refugee” stabbed him critically as well.

The man had accosted the woman and apparently objected to seeing a woman working in public.

https://www.westernjournal.com/afghan-national-stabs-woman-working-outside-didnt-think-appropriate-job-women/

More 'cultural enrichment' to follow.

Is there a point to this? Or do we just pick out all the news stories now that relate to Afghan nationals anywhere?. That stabbing took place in Berlin and the guy had been living in Germany since 2016. This case has nothing to do with what's happening in the UK apart from your obvious attempt to tar all Afghan nationals with the same brush.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Is there a point to this? Or do we just pick out all the news stories now that relate to Afghan nationals anywhere?. That stabbing took place in Berlin and the guy had been living in Germany since 2016. This case has nothing to do with what's happening in the UK apart from your obvious attempt to tar all Afghan nationals with the same brush.

Is there a reason you'd rather news stories like this were not made aware of? You may not be aware, but Afgan men have a very different 'relationship' with their womenfolk than we do in the west, and this violent incident is a small but devastating reminder of that, somebodies mother & grandmother just got stabbed in the neck for doing a bit of gardening, there are many other news items if you'd like me to post them. So as this thread is about how we are going to invite 10s of thousands of these men to join us then under the circumstances I think this news story is valid. Again, why would you want to bury this news item? This section is called 'News Politics & Currents affairs' , this story ticks all those boxes.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Is there a reason you'd rather news stories like this were not made aware of? You may not be aware, but Afgan men have a different 'relationship' with their womenfolk than we do in the west, and this violent incident is a small but devastating reminder of that, there are many others if you'd like me to post them. So as this thread is about how we are going to invite 10s of thousands of these men to join us then under the circumstances I think this news story is valid. Again, why would you want to bury this news item?

You are deliberately misrepresenting what was said, nobody suggested that this news be 'buried'.

That said, what are you suggesting, specifically ? That we should flood the thread with such stories to 'warn' people about Afghans ?

You could just as easily cherry-pick stories about English people committing violent crimes, or French people, or Americans, or anyone for that matter...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Is there a reason you'd rather news stories like this were not made aware of? You may not be aware, but Afgan men have a different 'relationship' with their womenfolk than we do in the west, and this violent incident is a small but devastating reminder of that, there are many others if you'd like me to post them. So as this thread is about how we are going to invite 10s of thousands of these men to join us then under the circumstances I think this news story is valid. Again, why would you want to bury this news item?

You forgot women and children too. It's not just these men as you put it.

All you've done here is try and turn the tables around to imply that I'm trying to censor these types of news stories, which is blatantly untrue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

You forgot women and children too. It's not just these men as you put it.

All you've done here is try and turn the tables around to imply that I'm trying to censor these types of news stories, which is blatantly untrue.

E8-M0WiVoAYY8zW.jpg.8717a18d351ee37e2477d28de5d61ca8.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Saru said:

You are deliberately misrepresenting what was said, nobody suggested that this news be 'buried'.

That said, what are you suggesting, specifically ? That we should flood the thread with such stories to 'warn' people about Afghans ?

You could just as easily cherry-pick stories about English people committing violent crimes, or French people, or Americans, or anyone for that matter...

Dunno, not seen too many stories about men stabbing a 66 year old woman in the neck for the crime of gardening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Debunked: No, images of refugees do not show there were 'just men' on planes leaving Afghanistan

The photo is actually of immigrants being returned to Afghanistan from Turkey in 2018.

The mislabelled photo began circulating online after the Taliban over the weekend took effective control of Afghanistan this week for the first time in two decades. 

https://www.thejournal.ie/debunk-flight-afghanistan-men-5525177-Aug2021/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The photo actually shows immigrants who were returned to Afghanistan from Turkey in 2018. The mislabeled photo began circulating on the internet after the Taliban took effective control of Afghanistan this week for the first time in two decades.

newsbeezer

Your are a fool.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Dunno, not seen too many stories about men stabbing a 66 year old woman in the neck for the crime of gardening.

Again, we can cherry-pick any number of crimes committed for obscure, nonsensical reasons - or for no reasons at all.

The issue is when you use such an example to imply that said behavior is typical of an entire nationality of people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, toast said:

Your are a fool.

Yes, sorry my bad, there are at least 30 women & children in this photo

blob.jpg.347e62b40f576a4edf15508155ed0cef.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saru said:

Again, we can cherry-pick any number of crimes committed for obscure, nonsensical reasons - or for no reasons at all.

The issue is when you use such an example to imply that said behavior is typical of an entire nationality of people.

No, it's not typical of an entire nationality, however it is typical of a male culture that treats its women as second class citizens. It's not that difficult to understand.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, sorry my bad, there are at least 30 women & children in this photo

blob.jpg.347e62b40f576a4edf15508155ed0cef.jpg

From the source:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/08/19/fact-check-photo-plane-full-afghan-men-shared-2018/8163796002/

There was a relative lack of women and children aboard the plane, which may be due to fears of the Taliban. Some Afghans told USA TODAY women are staying in their houses because they are afraid of what could happen to them under the strict rules they face under the Taliban. 

2 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

No, it's not typical of an entire nationality, however it is typical of a male culture that treats its women as second class citizens. It's not that difficult to understand.

You seem to be getting confused about who is actually on these planes - these are not members of the Taliban, they are refugees fleeing the Taliban.

• Like 1

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

Exactly....so mostly men then.

Your point ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saru said:

Your point ?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

12 minutes ago, Saru said:

You seem to be getting confused about who is actually on these planes - these are not members of the Taliban, they are refugees fleeing the Taliban.

Do you think the guy that stabbed the German woman in the neck was Taliban?

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Do you think the guy that stabbed the German woman in the neck was Taliban?

Do you believe that all men from Afghanistan are violent criminals ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saru said:

Do you believe that all men from Afghanistan are violent criminals ?

No. Do you believe that every act like the one I posted has nothing whatsoever to do with culture & or religion?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

No. 

Now we're getting somewhere.

So why do you keep implying that they are ?

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

Now we're getting somewhere.

So why do you keep implying that they are ?

I'm not.

Now answer my question.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I'm not.

Go back and read your own posts in this thread.

Now answer my question.

I will say - "no, the attacker wasn't Taliban", to which you will respond by implying that non-Taliban Afghan men are just as prone to violence.

This does not counter my argument above.

• Thanks 1