Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston Dynamics shows how two Atlas robots can now do parkour


Still Waters
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

But can they do the Macarena?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be a thread about a Boston Dynamics robot without this:

We are doomed!! :wacko:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These things are cool/creepy and show a lot of potential. But I won't be truly impressed until I see proof they can improvise in random environments without any assistance. Also, how long does a charge last? I mean, I assume it'll run out of juice well before a human does, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

These things are cool/creepy and show a lot of potential. But I won't be truly impressed until I see proof they can improvise in random environments without any assistance. Also, how long does a charge last? I mean, I assume it'll run out of juice well before a human does, lol.

I've been following Atlas for years.  That video should scare the hell out of everyone.  Imagine if you would, Atlas weaponized!  I would imagine the batteries last longer than you can run...and I'll wager you cannot run as fast as Atlas either...so it doesn't really matter.  I can also imagine when the beep beep low battery icon appears...Atlas pulls out one of several charged battery packs and inserts it without missing a step.   That isn't reality yet but...it is just a matter of time.  Also...Atlas on Mars.  Also...Atlas takes on the the Drug Cartels.  Atlas and the Taliban.  Atlas vs Superman.  The list of Atlas is just now being concieved.

Trust me...you will not want to take the chance of going outside of the law with Atlas as Sheriff.

Imagine ...being pulled over by Atlas...being driven by a police vehicle driving itself.  and on, and on, and on...

Oh...and...AI installed in Atlas...so it learns as it goes.  You should be afraid...you should be very, very afraid...and I'm not even kidding.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked the dancing for last new year's better, still very impressive, though. 

Can't get over the fact that those heavy looking robots can jump. 

Edited by Orphalesion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, joc said:

I've been following Atlas for years.  That video should scare the hell out of everyone.  Imagine if you would, Atlas weaponized!  I would imagine the batteries last longer than you can run...and I'll wager you cannot run as fast as Atlas either...so it doesn't really matter.  I can also imagine when the beep beep low battery icon appears...Atlas pulls out one of several charged battery packs and inserts it without missing a step.   That isn't reality yet but...it is just a matter of time.  Also...Atlas on Mars.  Also...Atlas takes on the the Drug Cartels.  Atlas and the Taliban.  Atlas vs Superman.  The list of Atlas is just now being concieved.

Trust me...you will not want to take the chance of going outside of the law with Atlas as Sheriff.

Imagine ...being pulled over by Atlas...being driven by a police vehicle driving itself.  and on, and on, and on...

Oh...and...AI installed in Atlas...so it learns as it goes.  You should be afraid...you should be very, very afraid...and I'm not even kidding.

Unless Atlas was programmed to be a bigot, I'd rather see it replacing the US police force than what we mostly have now.

Of course Atlas will be/has been weaponized...But it isn't there yet, and AI isn't anywhere near there yet either. AI today is like VR in 1993. It's hyped, for sure. But it's a nothingburger. For now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

very convincing CGI as always from boston dynanics...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
5 minutes ago, Loc-Nar said:

very convincing CGI as always from boston dynanics...

I`ve heard a rumor that they are working on a spelling robot as well.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, toast said:

I`ve heard a rumor that they are working on a spelling robot as well.

it's not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped you know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Loc-Nar said:

it's not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped you know

But its comfortable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 4:40 PM, Seti42 said:

These things are cool/creepy and show a lot of potential. But I won't be truly impressed until I see proof they can improvise in random environments without any assistance. Also, how long does a charge last? I mean, I assume it'll run out of juice well before a human does, lol.

Depends. 

How long can a human go without food and water? Ahhhh!  :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 10:00 AM, joc said:

I've been following Atlas for years.  That video should scare the hell out of everyone.  Imagine if you would, Atlas weaponized!  I would imagine the batteries last longer than you can run...and I'll wager you cannot run as fast as Atlas either...so it doesn't really matter.  I can also imagine when the beep beep low battery icon appears...Atlas pulls out one of several charged battery packs and inserts it without missing a step.   That isn't reality yet but...it is just a matter of time.  Also...Atlas on Mars.  Also...Atlas takes on the the Drug Cartels.  Atlas and the Taliban.  Atlas vs Superman.  The list of Atlas is just now being concieved.

Trust me...you will not want to take the chance of going outside of the law with Atlas as Sheriff.

Imagine ...being pulled over by Atlas...being driven by a police vehicle driving itself.  and on, and on, and on...

Oh...and...AI installed in Atlas...so it learns as it goes.  You should be afraid...you should be very, very afraid...and I'm not even kidding.

I don't reckon Atlas can run that far at all...;)

image.png.05cb805c41c27b5499dd6bbc196e4108.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.