Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston Dynamics shows how two Atlas robots can now do parkour

Still Waters

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

But can they do the Macarena?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

But can they do the Macarena?

Yes.

• Haha 1

It wouldn't be a thread about a Boston Dynamics robot without this:

We are doomed!! :wacko:

• Like 1

These things are cool/creepy and show a lot of potential. But I won't be truly impressed until I see proof they can improvise in random environments without any assistance. Also, how long does a charge last? I mean, I assume it'll run out of juice well before a human does, lol.

3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

These things are cool/creepy and show a lot of potential. But I won't be truly impressed until I see proof they can improvise in random environments without any assistance. Also, how long does a charge last? I mean, I assume it'll run out of juice well before a human does, lol.

I've been following Atlas for years.  That video should scare the hell out of everyone.  Imagine if you would, Atlas weaponized!  I would imagine the batteries last longer than you can run...and I'll wager you cannot run as fast as Atlas either...so it doesn't really matter.  I can also imagine when the beep beep low battery icon appears...Atlas pulls out one of several charged battery packs and inserts it without missing a step.   That isn't reality yet but...it is just a matter of time.  Also...Atlas on Mars.  Also...Atlas takes on the the Drug Cartels.  Atlas and the Taliban.  Atlas vs Superman.  The list of Atlas is just now being concieved.

Trust me...you will not want to take the chance of going outside of the law with Atlas as Sheriff.

Imagine ...being pulled over by Atlas...being driven by a police vehicle driving itself.  and on, and on, and on...

Oh...and...AI installed in Atlas...so it learns as it goes.  You should be afraid...you should be very, very afraid...and I'm not even kidding.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

I liked the dancing for last new year's better, still very impressive, though. 

Can't get over the fact that those heavy looking robots can jump. 

Edited by Orphalesion

7 hours ago, joc said:

I've been following Atlas for years.  That video should scare the hell out of everyone.  Imagine if you would, Atlas weaponized!  I would imagine the batteries last longer than you can run...and I'll wager you cannot run as fast as Atlas either...so it doesn't really matter.  I can also imagine when the beep beep low battery icon appears...Atlas pulls out one of several charged battery packs and inserts it without missing a step.   That isn't reality yet but...it is just a matter of time.  Also...Atlas on Mars.  Also...Atlas takes on the the Drug Cartels.  Atlas and the Taliban.  Atlas vs Superman.  The list of Atlas is just now being concieved.

Trust me...you will not want to take the chance of going outside of the law with Atlas as Sheriff.

Imagine ...being pulled over by Atlas...being driven by a police vehicle driving itself.  and on, and on, and on...

Oh...and...AI installed in Atlas...so it learns as it goes.  You should be afraid...you should be very, very afraid...and I'm not even kidding.

Unless Atlas was programmed to be a bigot, I'd rather see it replacing the US police force than what we mostly have now.

Of course Atlas will be/has been weaponized...But it isn't there yet, and AI isn't anywhere near there yet either. AI today is like VR in 1993. It's hyped, for sure. But it's a nothingburger. For now.

very convincing CGI as always from boston dynanics...

5 minutes ago, Loc-Nar said:

very convincing CGI as always from boston dynanics...

I`ve heard a rumor that they are working on a spelling robot as well.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, toast said:

I`ve heard a rumor that they are working on a spelling robot as well.

it's not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped you know

14 minutes ago, Loc-Nar said:

it's not nice to pick on the mentally handicapped you know

But its comfortable

On 8/18/2021 at 4:40 PM, Seti42 said:

Depends. 

How long can a human go without food and water? Ahhhh!  :-)

On 8/19/2021 at 10:00 AM, joc said:

I don't reckon Atlas can run that far at all...;)

image.png.05cb805c41c27b5499dd6bbc196e4108.png

• Haha 1