Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Tsunami of Disability Is Coming

Raptor Witness

A Tsunami of Disability Is Coming

Scientific American - July 6, 2021

“If we end up with a million people with ongoing symptoms that are debilitating, that is a tremendous burden for each of these individuals, but also for our health care system and our society.”

_________
It’s interesting that the writer uses the word “tsunami,” to relate a disease threat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

This is a compilation of TV Evangelicals preaching against the virus … and vaccinations.

• Sad 2

I think a 'tsunami of disability' wil not be far from the truth. 'Long covid' may turn out to be as disruptive to families and society as a whole, as the initial cases were.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I think a 'tsunami of disability' wil not be far from the truth. 'Long covid' may turn out to be as disruptive to families and society as a whole, as the initial cases were.

Of all the people who had covid, how many were permanently damaged by the virus? "Long covid" could simply be based on a small number of cases, just enough to claim it could affect you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. Common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:

Now let's flip this on it's head: what are the potential long term side effects of mRNA vaccines? Remember there is a 5 year disclaimer on the drugs, meaning the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for damages until that period has passed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Ah my plan to work from home forever.

Catch Covid then complain I`m too tired to walk forever. Something tells me I`m not the first and half of the so called long covid cases thought of it before I did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Now let's flip this on it's head: what are the potential long term side effects of mRNA vaccines? Remember there is a 5 year disclaimer on the drugs, meaning the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for damages until that period has passed.

There is no “flipside” of evidence for long-term disability with the vaccine on a scale anywhere near what we are seeing with the virus infection. 

I did some research into vaccines and auto antibodies, and I really didn’t find any evidence that worried me too much.

You’re far more likely to develop some sort of issue with the virus replicating by the billions inside your body. The mass replication of the whole virus, is the greater danger by far, and it doesn’t take much independent research to figure this out.

I would be in favor of passing a law which reads that if you refuse to get vaccinated, except for a medical issue, you are excluded from federal disability.

It’s time to put the monkey of “personal responsibility,” back on the backs of these conservative liars, for a change. After all, they’ve been using the same argument for why we shouldn’t have universal healthcare, first long as I can remember.

it’s time to brand these conservative liars, with their own hypocrisy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Ah my plan to work from home forever.

Catch Covid then complain I`m too tired to walk forever. Something tells me I`m not the first and half of the so called long covid cases thought of it before I did.

we had people trying to pull that, they are no longer employed by our company. their positions were terminated. they are officially laid off with no package. but i'm sure they will be just fine, in some cases even better with unemployment benefits, and federal assistance. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

it’s time to brand these conservative liars, with their own hypocrisy.

Let's attack conservatives, political hit piece number 572 and counting.  Don't you have a prophecy for us today?  We've been days without a new Sonnet of Doom (TM)  False prophets are a dime-a-dozen but it takes REAL lack of self-awareness for one to wrap themselves as Godly messengers, just to spread their own political hate.  Impressive, in a morbid sort of way.

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, and then said:

Let's attack conservatives, political hit piece number 572 and counting.  Don't you have a prophecy for us today?  We've been days without a new Sonnet of Doom (TM)  False prophets are a dime-a-dozen but it takes REAL lack of self-awareness for one to wrap themselves as Godly messengers, just to spread their own political hate.  Impressive, in a morbid sort of way.

Every step that the conservative right wing takes, further reveals their dangerous deception. You’ve can’t lie about a pandemic, without consequences.

I don’t believe I’ve ever used the word “hate” on this forum. The problem you have, is that when this plague is over, people will look at the dead and disabled, and they will eventually ask themselves, who is responsible? Is it the people who tried to warn others, or those who lied about the danger?

I want people to get vaccinated, because I see the danger. You lead people to the danger. That’s the real difference.

So when 1 million people are disabled in the United States, and need your tax dollars to care for them, will you then say, “that was their personal responsibility,” for failing to get vaccinated? 

The plague revealed that the conservative platform is a lie, and it always was a lie. You don’t really care about the unborn; if you did, you would be protecting them by recommending vaccinations for those who are surrounding the mothers..

If people hate you, because they’ve caught you lying to them, that’s on you.

Here’s a young nurse in Tennessee, who has something to say to you. Does this sound like hate? Do you hear her prophecy?

A video by a young nurse in Nashville, TN underlines the permanent disability factor that we rarely hear about with this virus.

She also recounts the antivax message that she is hearing from patients and family members, after they are admitted to the hospital.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:39 AM, Raptor Witness said:

This is a compilation of TV Evangelicals preaching against the virus … and vaccinations.

God isn't listening.

Doug

On 8/18/2021 at 10:49 AM, ouija ouija said:

Some types of long covid are believed to have been caused by low pulse ox levels during the disease.  A lot of these are expected to disappear after a year to eighteen months.  I sure hope so, because I have some symptoms.

Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

God isn't listening.

Doug

He’s listening, for repentance and truth. 

Things can improve rapidly, with both.

I have faith in America, but only after the “darkness is remembered.”

20 hours ago, and then said:

TBH, the only prophets you hear of are the ones coming straight out of the Televised Christian Church.

And none of them are right, especially when they "prophesy" concerning this virus, telling you to not take the vaccination, or turning it political.

And the other thing is that Republicans would have you believe the "evil" Democrats  are the only ones aborting babies, and that are Gay, trans, lesbians, non binaries etc..

Do you think that only Democrats are doing these things or can a Republican be found that has had an abortion, or Gay Republicans do not exist?

I'm was Republican btw, now I am nothing. I won't Identify with either party now. Both are disgusting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

You lead people to the danger.

I "lead" no one, anywhere.  I don't preach the virtues of refusing masks or vaccines and to say that I do is a lie.  I run afoul of people like you because I refuse to listen to a government that has proven to be wrong, continuously, on Covid and many other situations.  Preach if you like, I just have no need to hear you sermonizing over how wise you think you are.  I see you as just another political hack with a religious obsession to make yourself seem important.  As for assigning blame, that's already assumed.  Thing is, I don't care.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

TBH, the only prophets you hear of are the ones coming straight out of the Televised Christian Church.

I don't pay attention to the "church of perpetual prosperity" fools, either.  If you've kept up with the posts of this member for any length of time and not seen that he views himself as some kind of prophet then it demonstrates an extreme lack of reasoning skills.  It's his whole schtick and always has been.  If you think I view everything through a Left v Right filter, you'd be wrong once again.  I just call out hypocrisy where I see it.  Believe as you wish, don't imagine I'll be concerned with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't pay attention to the "church of perpetual prosperity" fools, either.  If you've kept up with the posts of this member for any length of time and not seen that he views himself as some kind of prophet then it demonstrates an extreme lack of reasoning skills.  It's his whole schtick and always has been.  If you think I view everything through a Left v Right filter, you'd be wrong once again.  I just call out hypocrisy where I see it.  Believe as you wish, don't imagine I'll be concerned with it.

I understand that. I don't either. It is just the right has been throwing the proverbial righteousness around lately through the Church and members of our political parties, while failing to look at themselves in the mirror. And that is the same hypocrisy I was pointing out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

I run afoul of people like you because I refuse to listen to a government that has proven to be wrong, continuously, on Covid and many other situations

A vaccine is a product of science, first, and government, second.

The truth of science is disputable through non-government, peer reviewed,  journals.

The science of vaccines preceded the FDA, but the victories over smallpox, and polio were with the help of governments of all stripes, worldwide.

You strain out the gnat, but swallow a camel. Matthew 23:24

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

…he views himself as some kind of prophet

….  Look at the Hebrew below my name, in my profile quote, or have you bothered?

I find truth in science, government, and religion, but I see little in your words here.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 8/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, South Alabam said:

I'm was Republican btw, now I am nothing. I won't Identify with either party now. Both are disgusting. 

In some ways you are correct. I consider myself more Libertarian than Democrat, but at this point and time, we need a functioning structure. We need something that works for as much truth as possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

In some ways you are correct. I consider myself more Libertarian than Democrat, but at this point and time, we need a functioning structure. We need something that works for as much truth as possible.

True. All it is is just constant finger pointing, blame, and fighting. There are a few there whose only purpose is to disrupt, or block the other party at every chance.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:45 PM, Dark_Grey said:

Of all the people who had covid, how many were permanently damaged by the virus? "Long covid" could simply be based on a small number of cases, just enough to claim it could affect you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Long covid is the damage caused by covid, not the disease itself.  The major problem seems to be oxygen starvation while the virus is attacking the lungs.  The danger sign is a pulse ox level below 80%.  Most cases of long covid are expected to recover in a year to eighteen months, but there could well be a few unlucky individuals with permanent damage.

Although transient side effects occur immediately after injection, long term side effects from the vaccines occur in few cases.

Doug.

Edited by Doug1066

There can be no doubt that the Destroying Angel has been charged with destroying the United States.

I urge the Biden Administration to stop playing with fire, and imagine for a moment that a messenger has been sent.

For the day I hunger, and begin fasting long term, and put on sack cloth and ashes, is the day the United States ceases to be a world economic power.

Behold the darkness, the destruction dispatched for a generation, firewarned.

Eclipse

October 12, 2017

Down amidst the state of Florida.

Act 1 - the Destroying Angel is dispatched, forthwith.

Act 2 - From the Earth’s corner comes a new bee …

Mississippi's nurses are resigning to protect themselves from Covid-19 burnout CNN 8-25-2021

Mississippi now has at least 2,000 fewer nurses than it did at the beginning of the year, according to the Mississippi Hospital Association's Center for Quality & Workforce. The staff shortages add to the growing strain on the state's hospital system -- both due, in large part, to the Covid-19 pandemic.
When asked if the health care system is reaching a breaking point, Singing River Nursing Manager for Personal Care Buddy Grager said, "I think we already broke."

This is another canary in the coal mine, before the wheels come off. Most here, did not believe it could or would get this bad. These red state conservatives who downplayed this pandemic, must never be allowed to hold public office, ever again.
  • Like 1