Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Raptor Witness

Hazmat Team in CA Investigates Mysterious Deaths

33 posts in this topic

Skulduggery

Lightning is being investigated as a possibility. Toxicology report did come in but last I checked, it hasn't been made public.

https://www.wsav.com/weather-news/lightning-investigated-as-cause-of-death-for-california-family/

While lightning is as good a thought as any, I'm not so quick to rush to that conclusion until more information is released.

• Like 1

godnodog

Maybe it was a similar incident to what happened in Africa a few decades ago that killed hundreds near a lake.

Bavarian Raven
12 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Lightning is being investigated as a possibility. Toxicology report did come in but last I checked, it hasn't been made public.

https://www.wsav.com/weather-news/lightning-investigated-as-cause-of-death-for-california-family/

While lightning is as good a thought as any, I'm not so quick to rush to that conclusion until more information is released.

Wouldn't lighting leave burn marks though? :S

• Like 2

Skulduggery
9 hours ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Yes. In most cases. However, if it was just enough to stop someone's heart, it'd do the trick with very minimal physical damage. I think it was possibly insect related, accidental poisoning or a gas build up/discharge but I don't know.

• Like 1

Bavarian Raven
13 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Yes. In most cases. However, if it was just enough to stop someone's heart, it'd do the trick with very minimal physical damage. I think it was possibly insect related, accidental poisoning or a gas build up/discharge but I don't know.

That'd be my thought as well as the most likely solution, or else a military test (chem/bio) that went wrong, and the gov. has covered their tracks o.O 

• Like 1

Guyver

Tragic story, and very unusual.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Raptor Witness
On 9/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

I don’t think this is lightning, because with four bodies, my guess is there would be something visible on one of them. Plus, we can easily use radio signals and triangulation to determine approximately where lightning strikes. This is not a good explanation at this point. 

The fact that the husband was found seated is odd to me. What kind of sudden death leaves a person seated?

Jon the frog
On 9/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, Raptor Witness said:

I don’t think this is lightning, because with four bodies, my guess is there would be something visible on one of them. Plus, we can easily use radio signals and triangulation to determine approximately where lightning strikes. This is not a good explanation at this point. 

The fact that the husband was found seated is odd to me. What kind of sudden death leaves a person seated?

For all of them to die fast and at the same time... it's quite strange. Maybe the taller one survived a bit longer because of the tendency of monoxide and dioxide of carbon to be heavier than air and lay closer to the ground when spilled. So the father had the time to sit down and saw all his family die... quite sad if it's that.