Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hazmat Team in CA Investigates Mysterious Deaths

Raptor Witness

Lightning is being investigated as a possibility. Toxicology report did come in but last I checked, it hasn't been made public.

https://www.wsav.com/weather-news/lightning-investigated-as-cause-of-death-for-california-family/

While lightning is as good a thought as any, I'm not so quick to rush to that conclusion until more information is released.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Lightning is being investigated as a possibility. Toxicology report did come in but last I checked, it hasn't been made public.

https://www.wsav.com/weather-news/lightning-investigated-as-cause-of-death-for-california-family/

While lightning is as good a thought as any, I'm not so quick to rush to that conclusion until more information is released.

Wouldn't lighting leave burn marks though? :S

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Yes. In most cases. However, if it was just enough to stop someone's heart, it'd do the trick with very minimal physical damage. I think it was possibly insect related, accidental poisoning or a gas build up/discharge but I don't know.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Yes. In most cases. However, if it was just enough to stop someone's heart, it'd do the trick with very minimal physical damage. I think it was possibly insect related, accidental poisoning or a gas build up/discharge but I don't know.

That'd be my thought as well as the most likely solution, or else a military test (chem/bio) that went wrong, and the gov. has covered their tracks o.O 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

I don’t think this is lightning, because with four bodies, my guess is there would be something visible on one of them. Plus, we can easily use radio signals and triangulation to determine approximately where lightning strikes. This is not a good explanation at this point. 

The fact that the husband was found seated is odd to me. What kind of sudden death leaves a person seated?

On 9/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, Raptor Witness said:

I don’t think this is lightning, because with four bodies, my guess is there would be something visible on one of them. Plus, we can easily use radio signals and triangulation to determine approximately where lightning strikes. This is not a good explanation at this point. 

The fact that the husband was found seated is odd to me. What kind of sudden death leaves a person seated?

For all of them to die fast and at the same time... it's quite strange. Maybe the taller one survived a bit longer because of the tendency of monoxide and dioxide of carbon to be heavier than air and lay closer to the ground when spilled. So the father had the time to sit down and saw all his family die... quite sad if it's that.

It's been over a month, and no deep dive toxicology results?  I know it can take 4-6 weeks, but Geeze Louise, people are weirded out by this. You'd think they might've put a rush on the thing? Unless, they are afraid to reveal the results.

I'm starting to lean in the direction of a new military weapon, which was used.  Foreign or domestic, I couldn't say, but a domestic use would seem more risky than a foreign power showing off something, intentionally.

They should already be analyzing the nearby plants for anything unusual, but I guess I'm just imagining that the state of confusion really cares about it's citizens.  Did any nearby flora and fauna die? 

I mean come on people, where's the outrage at the lack of seriousness?

Just look at the cover of the local newspaper. All they are concerned about, are the local high school football games.  Perhaps if next it's a whole stadium of instantly dead folks, that might wake them up?

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

It's been over a month, and no deep dive toxicology results?  I know it can take 4-6 weeks, but Geeze Louise, people are weirded out by this. You'd think they might've put a rush on the thing? Unless, they are afraid to reveal the results.

I'm starting to lean in the direction of a new military weapon, which was used.  Foreign or domestic, I couldn't say, but a domestic use would seem more risky than a foreign power showing off something, intentionally.

They should already be analyzing the nearby plants for anything unusual, but I guess I'm just imagining that the state of confusion really cares about it's citizens.  Did any nearby flora and fauna die? 

I mean come on people, where's the outrage at the lack of seriousness?

Just look at the cover of the local newspaper. All they are concerned about, are the local high school football games.  Perhaps if next it's a whole stadium of instantly dead folks, that might wake them up?

Hi Raptor

It would seem that no one else has been affected in the last 4 weeks so why is there a need for outrage?

On 9/3/2021 at 2:33 AM, Raptor Witness said:

First off, I have never ever charged any money for anything like this, nor would I be inclined to. 

Secondly, it’s quite different to request counsel from the victims guardian angels, which is not the same as speaking to the dead, or a claim of such.

As far as what I saw, one reason I’ve been a little vague, is because what I saw was so scary that I didn’t want to scare anyone here, unnecessarily, in case it’s not related.

Note that I saw three objects, which I believe might be related to the three human beings, but not one for the dog.

I’ve never been an ambulance chaser here, but this is a case where we may need some help to resolve the mystery. The fact that I saw something, which I have no frame of reference for, is a mystery in and of itself. I hope that I’m wrong, about what I saw, because I can’t explain it.

I think the point @ChrLzs is trying to make is given the current circumstances, this thread isn't the place for you to claim to have seen stuff. That belongs in another place of this site. Lets just until we get more information yea?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

It would seem that no one else has been affected in the last 4 weeks so why is there a need for outrage?

Brit family mysteriously found dead on hiking trail may have been killed by LIGHTNING

Here is the most updated report, it's dated 26 September 2021 and they still have not identified the cause of death. This is beyond strange, I don't believe in Conspiracy Theories about Government Cover ups for the most part. But there is no way after this much time and autopsys being conducted more then once that the results of their deaths would not be known. There really is some kind of cover up going on here :unsure:

Updated article - https://californianewstimes.com/brit-family-mysteriously-found-dead-on-hiking-trail-may-have-been-killed-by-lightning/516809/

52 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I think the point @ChrLzs is trying to make is given the current circumstances, this thread isn't the place for you to claim to have seen stuff. That belongs in another place of this site. Lets just until we get more information yea?

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Deaths ruled hyperthermia….

This still doesn’t explain why the dog died, and this family was experienced enough to take plenty of water. Were there any phone call attempts? What’s the evidence used to determine this conclusion, definitely?

Something still isn’t adding up here. People go outside in the heat like this all the time, and they don’t all drop dead from it. Everyone is different. Why no attempt to get help?

• Like 1

Mariposa family died from hyperthermia along Sierra forest trail near Yosemite, sheriff saysThe Fresno Bee OCTOBER 21, 2021

Investigators found an 85-ounce CamelBak-type backpack with the family, but there was no other evidence they had additional access to water or a water filtration system, Briese said.

“There was a small amount of residue (in the CamelBak), but basically empty,” Briese said. “There was a minute amount that we were able to collect a sample for testing.”

51617219210_a75be1ac26_c.jpg

I guess they could have run out of water, as their journey appears to have been at least 5 miles long, but it's astonishing that a family would take a baby on a hike that long in the heat of the day. Were they crazy?

I'm surprised it took this long to figure it out. Perhaps the dog was unable to find any shade, either, and simply stuck like glue to the family. A very sad story, all around.

More Trail Info:

Hite Cove Hiking Information

Hiking Time:  1 - 5 hours

Hike Distance:  2 - 4 miles (3.2 - 6.4 km) round trip for a just-to-smell-the-flowers excursion; 9 miles (14.4 km) round trip to Hite Cove

Timeline of investigation into the unexplained deaths of a family hiking near Yosemite - The Fresno Bee AUGUST 26, 2021

Here’s a timeline of events from the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office and what’s happened with its ongoing investigation:

Saturday, Aug. 14: Jonathan Gerrish researches Hites Cove hike via a phone app.

Sunday, Aug. 15: 7:45 a.m., witness sees the Gerrish/Chung family traveling in their vehicle toward the trailhead, down Hites Cove Road north of Jerseydale in Mariposa County.

So they got a relatively early start in the day, but at 4-5 hours in, they were apparently on the hottest part of the trail, at the hottest part of the day.

It seems they literally cooked their little baby at "Devils Gulch."

This is Madness ...

51615612577_36f00bfd04_c.jpg

51617316610_f69cb9a59a_o.jpg

Source