Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Capitol Police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt formally exonerated

OverSword

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Were in safe rooms.  There you go.  You think this was a good murder that saved the day and I don't.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

So be it.

Doug

I think I should make a qualification about my stance.  I in no way endorse the acts of those violently protesting what is obviously a legitimate election.  I don't see much point in protesting period outside of with my vote or with my money.  Ashli Babbitt was wrong and breaking the law.  I don't believe killing her was justified and don't believe for one second that it had the effect of making anyone safer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Were in safe rooms.  There you go.  You think this was a good murder that saved the day and I don't.  We will have to agree to disagree. 

Most, not all.  And the cop probably didn't know that at the time.

At any rate, he had a lot more justification than do most police when they shoot somebody - at the rate of a thousand people a year.

Doug

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Most, not all.  And the cop probably didn't know that at the time.

At any rate, he had a lot more justification than do most police when they shoot somebody - at the rate of a thousand people a year.

Doug

Why do you suppose that more police guarding the building didn't shoot people?

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

You don't see your hypocrisy?  How would CNN handle this differently if it were a black man?   

I don't work for CNN. The issue I see is with the people treating it differently. 

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I don't work for CNN. The issue I see is with the people treating it differently. 

Do you work for FOX?  Your guessed what they would do.

I see both sides treating it differently.  

41 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The usual shout of racism to try to guilt people out of talking.  :rolleyes:  Well you're wrong.  As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure if it was a person of color that got shot leaning in a window you would be persecuting the cop and so would I.

Nope. No shout of racism. Just calling out the hypocrisy. If this is not considered "justified" then I would expect to see the same outrage over philando castille, ahmaud arbery, breonna talyor, and countless others but I don't. Why? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Myles said:

Do you work for FOX?  Your guessed what they would do.

I see both sides treating it differently.  

Because their racism is always on display. 

• Haha 1

There was one shot fired the entire siege. There were a bunch of other cops right next to officer Byrd when he fired his weapon at an unarmed woman.  When there is a group of police and shooting is justified every cop opens fire.  Seen it a million times. That speaks volumes.  His firing a gun was not necessary and either was her death. 

Edited by OverSword

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Nope. No shout of racism. Just calling out the hypocrisy. If this is not considered "justified" then I would expect to see the same outrage over philando castille, ahmaud arbery, breonna talyor, and countless others but I don't. Why? 

By insinuating I would not protest the killing of a black man under the same circumstances you called me a racist.  That is the shout of racism.  Ugly.  Very ugly. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Because their racism is always on display. 

As is yours.  You are crying over the same hypocrisy you are showing. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

As is yours.  You are crying over the same hypocrisy you are showing. 

You don't know what you're talking about....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

The officer's name is Michael Byrd BTW

20210825_120903.jpg

now it is clear, he is a racist and shot her cuz she was white.  it is a hate crime, period. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Why do you suppose that more police guarding the building didn't shoot people?

In at least one and probably several cases they were vastly outnumbered and those revolvers only hold six shots.  Shooting someone would have meant death for them.

Doug

54 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There was one shot fired the entire siege. There were a bunch of other cops right next to officer Byrd when he fired his weapon at an unarmed woman.  When there is a group of police and shooting is justified every cop opens fire.  Seen it a million times. That speaks volumes.  His firing a gun was not necessary and either was her death. 

Most of those cases where cops fire 20 or 30 shots are undisciplined, untrained police firing in panic mode.  A guy who knows what he's doing fires enough shots to get the job done and retains the rest in case he needs to defend himself.

Doug

24 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

You don't know what you're talking about....

You are the one being a hypocrite.  

Your words - "the same outrage over philando castille, ahmaud arbery, breonna talyor, and countless others".

I assume your expressed outrage over their deaths, but not this white woman.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Is that what you think of the Sandy Hook parents as well?

"My child was committing a crime and was shot and killed..."

VS

"My child was 6 and going to school and was killed in the act..."

C'mon, OS. You're better than that. 

36 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

In at least one and probably several cases they were vastly outnumbered and those revolvers only hold six shots.  Shooting someone would have meant death for them.

Doug

As was the case here too.  Factually you can google image search screen captures from the moment he shot her and there are plenty of other cops standing next to him and none fired.  If you have ever seen what happens when there is a reason to shoot and five police are standing there with there guns they all simultaneously empty there guns.  And what are you talking about revolver :lol:  What cop caries a revolver?  it's not 1962 for crying out loud.

37 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Most of those cases where cops fire 20 or 30 shots are undisciplined, untrained police firing in panic mode.  A guy who knows what he's doing fires enough shots to get the job done and retains the rest in case he needs to defend himself.

Doug

I didn't say fire twenty or thirty shots I said they all shoot.  Where do you get this **** from? :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Alpha_Q said:

"My child was committing a crime and was shot and killed..."

VS

"My child was 6 and going to school and was killed in the act..."

C'mon, OS. You're better than that. 

Why can I do better than that?  Do you think one set of parent's suffered less loss than the other?  Do you believe either set are suing just to take advantage of the situation so they can get rich?  Wow.  Tell you what, next time think a little harder before telling me what  I can do better than.  

36 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I didn't say fire twenty or thirty shots I said they all shoot.  Where do you get this **** from? :rolleyes:

Newspapers.

• Haha 1

Just now, Doug1066 said:

Newspapers.

Fair enough, and yes it happens but I was asking where I said that.

If this is the lady from the video I watched months ago than it was justified to me.

She was climbing through the broken window of the door. The officer told her she will shoot. The last continued. So she shot.

There was only that door between the officers and a mob of people, with politicians down the hall. 

If you let one through than it could become a stampede

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If this is the lady from the video I watched months ago than it was justified to me.

She was climbing through the broken window of the door. The officer told her she will shoot. The last continued. So she shot.

There was only that door between the officers and a mob of people, with politicians down the hall. 

If you let one through than it could become a stampede

Since there were at least five cops there why do you think they didn't all shoot?  Have you noticed that when a group of police feel there is reason to shoot they all do?

(personally I think one person is worth more than a room full of politicians sooo....)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1