Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Capitol Police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt formally exonerated

OverSword

1 hour ago, aztek said:

how do we know for sure he gave her any warning? is it on a video?  if not, then it is just his words, an independent investigation needs to be conducted, oh wait, cops will not let anyone else investigate, they will arrest anyone for trying, and charge with obstruction of justice, and courts will be on their side.  

may be the UN should  investigate usa police misconduct, i know right now, no cop can arrest anyone from the UN, cuz of diplomatic immunity, for any crime. so  the UN can  really conduct independent investigation, and really punish the guilty ones, and not worry about any repercussions from our legal system,  hell we have the HQ in NYC, we pay major part of the UN, 22%.  we might as well use it for very real and needed purpose.

but then what will keep in check an international army that is above our legal system? 

He is supposed to reveal his identity tomorrow. And he will probably tell what happened, I would guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

He is supposed to reveal his identity tomorrow. And he will probably tell what happened, I would guess.

His identity was revealed months ago on c-span. His name is Michael Leroy Byrd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Allegations. Nothing proven. 

Some people have examined the video evidence and have come to that conclusion. If it's right or wrong, I honestly don't know.

https://cleverjourneys.com/2021/07/05/capitol-police-lt-michael-leroy-byrd-is-alleged-killer-of-ashli-babbitt/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

Is this how you feel about all criminals who are shot dead by police? Or is it only the ones who commit crimes in the context of a capitol protest? I don't know your views, I'm asking to seek clarification.

It's about OS name dropping Sandy Hook. IMO, it was a bad comparison.

Edited by Alpha_Q
Spelling

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I don't have to determine anything. A discussion like this could be cut down by half if you just got to your point straight up instead of meandering around it.

I made my point with my first post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I made my point with my first post.

No you didn't. There was no point.

The family are getting the report. It's not in question.

Wether you get to see what is in it will be up to them I would think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

No you didn't. There was no point.

The family are getting the report. It's not in question.

Wether you get to see what is in it will be up to them I would think. 

I said the shooting was unnecessary given the amount of LE present. Or did you miss that.

It was still unnecessary as there are ~1,500 Capitol police officers with ~400 administrative personnel supporting them. Their annual budget is 450 million.

Estimates are that there were 500 on duty and that in itself is a large enough force to keep the protestors out of the Capitol building but unfortunately they were too busy opening doors, gates, waving people through and in general standing down.

Plenty of video that proves just that.

Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I said the shooting was unnecessary given the amount of LE present. Or did you miss that.

Plenty of video that proves just that.

And tasers aren't a realistic alternative. Or did you miss that bit? Couldn't be used on Bryant because they are unreliable. I keep getting told by Americans go for the kill shot if you pull your weapon. You don't shoot to wound, and she was smashing her way into a place filled with armed guards. 

She put herself in a dangerous situation. There's not a lot of good options to run with there.  

She should have been armed with a swimming pool. That would have made a difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

And tasers aren't a realistic alternative. Or did you miss that bit? Couldn't be used on Bryant because they are unreliable. I keep getting told by Americans go for the kill shot if you pull your weapon. You don't shoot to wound, and she was smashing her way into a place filled with armed guards. 

She put herself in a dangerous situation. There's not a lot of good options to run with there.  

She should have been armed with a swimming pool. That would have made a difference. 

She was peacefully smashing her way through a door.  Not like Jacob Blake who was menacingly walking away and threatening police with his back.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

She was peacefully smashing her way through a door.  Not like Jacob Blake who was menacingly walking away and threatening police with his back.

Bet he had an open carry swimming pool on him too. Just so his back is even more menacing. 

• Haha 3

Bottom line:  Ashli Babbitt was shot while in the act of committing a felony.  Whether one thinks that was justified or not does not change the fact.

Doug

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Alpha_Q said:

It's about OS name dropping Sandy Hook. IMO, it was a bad comparison.

You don't know the larger context of the comment as you are a newb and didn't participate in the threads which elicited it.  

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

So your are convinced it's a cover up and now you're seeking evidence to support your conclusion?

Personally I think it's probably biased on the side of the police, as most shooting reviews are (no biggie that's normal) and that technically he probably obeyed procedure (just like Mark Furman did).  I also think Ashli put herself in that situation.  What I'm not convinced of is that the officer didn't have any other choice and I think it's very obvious that it had little impact on deterring the invasion and occupation of the building.  I believe the choice to shoot was the wrong choice.  I hope he see's her face every time he closes his eye's for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aztek said:

the UN can  really conduct independent investigation, and really punish the guilty ones,

No they can't.  Nobody has to cooperate and they have no means to enforce their findings.

• Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

No they can't.  Nobody has to cooperate and they have no means to enforce their findings.

of course they do, un has  an army, 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

of course they do, un has  an army, 

Maybe the UN should try to invade.  That would at least give us an excuse to kick them out and ignore them from now on :gun:

Edited by OverSword

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Personally I think it's probably biased on the side of the police, as most shooting reviews are (no biggie that's normal) and that technically he probably obeyed procedure (just like Mark Furman did).  I also think Ashli put herself in that situation.  What I'm not convinced of is that the officer didn't have any other choice and I think it's very obvious that it had little impact on deterring the invasion and occupation of the building.  I believe the choice to shoot was the wrong choice.  I hope he see's her face every time he closes his eye's for the rest of his life.

Do you hope the same for Chauvin? Reardon? Mohamed Noor? Zimmerman? Potts? 

Do you hope they see their victims faces for the rest of their lives? What about that utter scum Drejka?

You must hit sunrise before your finished counting. 

Wether your alleged expert evaluation of the situation is correct or not doesn't change the fact that Babbitt was responsible for putting herself in a very stupid situation. Regardless of the officers actions, she did seem to be attempting to collect a Darwin award. You should know as well as anybody that you can't fix stupid. It's is terrible that she died. No question. It's a crying shame that people do such stupid things, and she was spurred on by a lying orangutan which just makes it all worse. He should bear some of that responsibility if anyone should. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, acidhead said:

His identity was revealed months ago on c-span. His name is Michael Leroy Byrd. 

56 minutes ago, acidhead said:

The guy is a hero who stopped terrorists who were chanting, 'Death to Pence' while actively and violently breaking into your seat of government, injuring and killing people in the process.

Anyone who backs these dafties is a terrorist sympathiser. So, basically the Republican Party openly supports terrorism now. 

Like, how far removed from reality do you have to be to in any way support people who tried to carry out a violent insurrection. How does someone rectify that in their supposedly working brain?

And how absolutely stupid do you have to be to think that you are just going to waltz into the government's seat of power with no resistance? You know what the UK does to terrorists crossing the bridge to Westminster? They shoot them dead.

That cop not only saved the life of numerous politicians, he also unfortunately saved the life of countless dumbass terrorists who would have followed the disgraced Babbit and eventually been cut in half by the Secret Service.

Anyone defending these terrorists is an absolute tool. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The guy is a hero who stopped terrorists who were chanting, 'Death to Pence' while actively and violently breaking into your seat of government, injuring and killing people in the process.

Anyone who backs these dafties is a terrorist sympathiser. So, basically the Republican Party openly supports terrorism now. 

Like, how far removed from reality do you have to be to in any way support people who tried to carry out a violent insurrection. How does someone rectify that in their supposedly working brain?

And how absolutely stupid do you have to be to think that you are just going to waltz into the government's seat of power with no resistance? You know what the UK does to terrorists crossing the bridge to Westminster? They shoot them dead.

That cop not only saved the life of numerous politicians, he also unfortunately saved the life of countless dumbass terrorists who would have followed the disgraced Babbit and eventually been cut in half by the Secret Service.

Anyone defending these terrorists is an absolute tool. 

Breathe 

Count to ten 

And, exhale. 

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

You called it!

Good detective work by the people who examined the video.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 9:01 PM, Michelle said:

So she was killed as an example to the rest of the people.

I am not sure it was calculated to be an example. I think a cop is more likely to shoot someone advancing toward them than backing away.

• Like 3

Just now, Tatetopa said:

I am not sure it was calculated to be an example. I think a cop is more likely to shoot someone advancing toward them than backing away.

You know my friend any death is terrible, however, as a US Veteran she should have known what the consequences of her actions my have been. Her death that day was no better or worst than anyone else that died that day. You know my friend, It really gets old reading these self righteous posts by a bunch of pretenders who are using this for a political agenda, and who really don't care about the deaths at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1