Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eerie photo shows alleged 'ghost' at Flint Castle

UM-Bot

Yep, you guessed it, we're going to do it!

Papameter Reading

Paranormal  60%    Natural  20%     Hoax 20%

Factors: Other claimed encounters at location. 

Looks like a very normal person in a very odd costume. It would be easy to not notice someone dressed like that, they blend right into the walls.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

That ghost got some nice sneakers !

Looks like some old school converses to me.

• Like 2

Given it a bit of a enhancement. Clearly its a woman wearing trousers, white sandal type shoes and a brown or reddish top. But the head is very unusual. 

E9Ps8rsX0AEKVoe.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:04 PM, ExoPaul said:

Given it a bit of a enhancement. Clearly its a woman wearing trousers, white sandal type shoes and a brown or reddish top. But the head is very unusual. 

E9Ps8rsX0AEKVoe.jpg

Looks like a dark skinned woman running. She has her hair in a bun and her head is down and forward so her face is shaded.

Pretty obvious with the enhancement.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Not even the same photo.  Note:   the original figure is standing on stone step with no stone around,  The ghostie is coming out of grassie area.    LOL

1 hour ago, Vincennes said:

Not even the same photo.  Note:   the original figure is standing on stone step with no stone around,  The ghostie is coming out of grassie area.    LOL

WTF are you talking about? The only photo is the one we have all been discussing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vincennes said:

you can see how theyre the same, original photo, the person is nearish to the wall and if you have very good eyesight it looks like its running, the enhanced version verifies that.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 5:03 AM, Vincennes said:

Not even the same photo

I think I can see why Vincennes is concerned.   So am I.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:04 AM, ExoPaul said:

E9Ps8rsX0AEKVoe.jpg

{I've deleted text that was directed to Exopaul, as it is not his fault!..}

I'd love to know how the magnified part of that image was originally 'enhanced', because here's what a bit-level enlargement looks like, ie it's 'exact', no added or removed detail, where each little square represents one pixel of data. Be prepared for some disappointment..:
000_enlarge.jpg.42c86bc33d34b15e0c020178d62108db.jpg

It looks NOTHING like the magnified version...  So..... either that earlier enlargement involves a number of 'enhancement' steps that added false detail, or there is a better original file? - I apologise for being too lazy to go try to hunt that file down if it exists.  FTR, those straight lines running up and down, and also the square blocks of 8x8 pixels, are all false detail from JPEG compression.

If the twitter background image file is the original, then I will be happy to go into some detail about where all that 'new detail' could have come from, and why... 

I'm afraid 'enhancement' can result in huge amounts of false detail.  Frankly, it looks to me like the Twitter source has deliberately falsified the image.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 2