Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Suicide bombing, 'complex attack' at Kabul airport

docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Taliban allowed the ISIS in .How many Talibans  were killed?

I was being sarcastic. Like AndThen said, nothing is happening around that airport that the Taliban aren't aware of.

• Like 1

Everything is going to be fine... 

captain-america-falcoln-winter-soldier-f

~

9 hours ago, and then said:

Anyone who really believes ANYTHING happens in Kabul, especially around that airport that the Ts didn't sign off on are just in denial or they're making excuses.  NOTHING moves there that they don't know about. IMO, this was all planned and how Americans react towards this going forward is going to determine how they are judged for the rest of their lives.  

It may have been the Taliban, or it may have been with their approval to look the other way.   Since it has already come out that we were predicting violence based on phone records, if the Taliban were  involved, there might be calls to that effect.

Some of us that have Internet browsers  like to believe that it is the equivalent of a medical degree, a PhD in climate science, a West Point education, and special forces training.   Some aspects of those disciplines are not freely available on gab sites. So we all use our opinions to fill in the gaps.   Since I have not first hand experience or pipeline to classified information, I cannot deny that the Taliban might have been involved.  Yet, to think they are omniscient and omnipotent is a bridge too far for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I was being sarcastic. Like AndThen said, nothing is happening around that airport that the Taliban aren't aware of.

Sorry , I did suggest that Taliban did leave a thousand ISIS`s out of the prisons and does know what they are doing :(  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Thanks 1

Its like Leon Panetta said , when Isis hits again, we have to go back in to get them again, and we cant leave to fight the war on terrorism  

Edited by docyabut2

and we don't  know if Taliban is sending out many of those  ISIS `s , al  Al Oaeda `s terrorists  are coming to our free countries to attacked us again like 911::(  

Edited by docyabut2

8 hours ago, and then said:

If you are seriously asking that question, there is information out there concerning his and Pompeo's plans.  A brand new damned LT fresh from a military academy would have known better than to evac troops and air assets while handing over the largest airbase in the region BEFORE GETTING AMERICANS OUT!!  THAT was Trump's plan and the senile firkin' TURNIP threw all that away and ignored his intel and military advisers to do it HIS WAY.  Well, we're observing what his way looks like, so far.  It's FAR from over yet.  The real bloodletting is still on the horizon.  Having the most powerful, well equipped and trained military on the planet isn't worth a damn when the leadership consists of gutless cowards and corrupt politicians.  

Well that explains the entire scope of your knowledge Trump and Pompeo had plans, well for your information the President and the Secretary of State don't make Wars Plans. :unsure:

Your lack of knowledge is  astounding, but keep burning up your fingers on the key board warrior. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

It is sad that the free world have to fight the terrorist `s war, that so many have died doing it :(

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Having the most powerful, well equipped and trained military on the planet isn't worth a damn when the leadership consists of gutless cowards and corrupt politicians.  

Yes, I think we figured that out under Trump when he abandoned the Kurds and left American bases for Russians to occupy.  Or when he was silent for a week after 4 soldiers were killed in Africa then seemed to call the widow of one a liar.  Or for that matter, what did Reagan do after the barracks bombing in Beirut when 230 service members were killed?  He had us evacuate.

Having the most powerful military on the planet didn't make democracy bloom in Afghanistan or prevent the need from fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq.  Spending a trillion dollars did not stop our so called allies in Pakistan from harboring Al Qaeda or keeping a porous border.  For that matter, it hasn't prevented Pakistanis and our great and good friends the Saudis from treating women somewhere between property and second class citizens.  It has not prevented the  Saudi war with Houthis in Yemen from killing and starving hundreds of women and children.   It has not stopped rapes and murders of women and little girls in India and Pakistan.  It has not even stopped "honor" killings of girls by male family members that happen in the home country and even in Britain.

Course just as  long as we turn a blind eye to all that, they will still call themselves our friends and come around with their hands out.

A military is not going to fix those people or give them American values. 

You may have said this before, but in the entire region  Israel is the country  nearest to sharing our values.  Maybe we could learn a bit from their methods that seem to be able to reach out far without a big military presence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

And more importantly, the flag not only represent the country, and you; YOU represent not only the flag but the COUNTRY also. 

~

• Like 3

12 hours ago, and then said:

I don't recall the Taliban being allowed to kill 13 troops and slaughter civilians under his watch.  Besides, like you said, HE left in January.  Frankly anyone who thinks any of this is ripe for laughs is one sick puppy.

No he got US Soldiers killed and our allies slaughtered in his plan in Syria, he's just as much an idiot as Biden on all counts. Frankly what is really sick is being more concerned about politics that those killed and those who have not gotten out yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, I think we figured that out under Trump when he abandoned the Kurds and left American bases for Russians to occupy.  Or when he was silent for a week after 4 soldiers were killed in Africa then seemed to call the widow of one a liar.  Or for that matter, what did Reagan do after the barracks bombing in Beirut when 230 service members were killed?  He had us evacuate.

Having the most powerful military on the planet didn't make democracy bloom in Afghanistan or prevent the need from fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq.  Spending a trillion dollars did not stop our so called allies in Pakistan from harboring Al Qaeda or keeping a porous border.  For that matter, it hasn't prevented Pakistanis and our great and good friends the Saudis from treating women somewhere between property and second class citizens.  It has not prevented the  Saudi war with Houthis in Yemen from killing and starving hundreds of women and children.   It has not stopped rapes and murders of women and little girls in India and Pakistan.  It has not even stopped "honor" killings of girls by male family members that happen in the home country and even in Britain.

Course just as  long as we turn a blind eye to all that, they will still call themselves our friends and come around with their hands out.

A military is not going to fix those people or give them American values. 

You may have said this before, but in the entire region  Israel is the country  nearest to sharing our values.  Maybe we could learn a bit from their methods that seem to be able to reach out far without a big military presence.

Well said Tate, thanks for your comments this situation has me a little upset. I can't explain how angry I am that another frigen President would through his own incompetence  allow something like this to happen. We have the best trained Miltary in the World a long with the best Military Leadership and if they had been allowed to plan this withdrawal and execute it in a Military fashion none of this would have occurred. Instead we have an dam frigen idiot for a Commander in Chief who obviously didn't use our Military forces like they should have been used.

Then we have the regular forum instigators playing  their political games while lives are being lost, and still at risk. They talk about the situation like it is a chess game with no real concern for the Americans Soldiers that were just killed and the American Citizens still waiting to get out of country, along with our allies. Comparisons between him Trump are a joke, Trump would have done no better or worst his withdrawal in Syria has proven he never listened to our Military Leadership.

That Airport in Kabul is a crap hole and it always was, I can only imagine what's it like right now. I still can't imagine why their are still Americans in Afghanistan they really screwed up and I pray it doesn't cost them their lives. Hopefully our people and our Afghan Allies get out by the deadline, because each day it's only going to get worst. The terrorist attacks are not over I am afraid, I believe they will continue until the last plane leaves?

Take Care Tate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Its like Leon Panetta said , when Isis hits again, we have to go back in to get them again, and we cant leave to fight the war on terrorism  

ISIS and the Taliban ARE the War on Terror!  ...well...'scuse me....USE TO BE the War on Terror!  The war on terror is over.  It will be resumed the day after they strike America again...oh boy...will anyone throw a parade for Joe Biden...?

What is this world going to look like in 2023?  Will everyone be yelling...Trump, Trump, Trump??  pfffft some of us will

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, Tatetopa said:

Yet, to think they are omniscient and omnipotent is a bridge too far for me.

No one made that claim so you don't need such a bridge.  The area where this occurred is tightly controlled by the Taliban.  Checkpoints EVERYWHERE.  As for having "pipelines" for specific info, the sources I use wouldn't be accepted as credible here and I don't bother to post them any longer.  Remember, it's a post-factual, post-reality America now.  Choose what you believe and nothing else matters.  My source was confirming numbers of dead and wounded about 3 hours ahead of the "official" notifications we got from the 5th Column.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, and then said:

No one made that claim so you don't need such a bridge.  The area where this occurred is tightly controlled by the Taliban.  Checkpoints EVERYWHERE.  As for having "pipelines" for specific info, the sources I use wouldn't be accepted as credible here and I don't bother to post them any longer.  Remember, it's a post-factual, post-reality America now.  Choose what you believe and nothing else matters.  My source was confirming numbers of dead and wounded about 3 hours ahead of the "official" notifications we got from the 5th Column.

OK.  Facts may not matter when shaping beliefs but hurricanes, fires, and floods to name only three forces of nature don't care what we believe. Do we get lied to and tell our own lies?  Yes we do. 

What does your example indicate?  You have sources.  OK.  They told you 3 hours before the media released it.  Would it have mattered if they had been wrong?  Not much.  Did it change your life?  Do you expect any government to  be an uncensored instantaneous newsfeed?  I wish they would just tell the truth even if it was 3 hours late. 

• Thanks 1

The Pentagon says it can't yet dispute claims that a US drone strike on a suspected suicide bomber in Afghanistan killed a number of civilians.

The strike, near Kabul airport, killed 10 members of one family, including six children, relatives have told the BBC.

The US military said it was targeting a vehicle carrying at least one person associated with the Afghan branch of the Islamic State group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58380791

• Like 1

The young man states that had there been a bomb, the "whole car would have been blown up".  The fact that a single piece of sheet metal on the front survived, in no way refutes that the car was blown up completely. 

That said, the truth lies somewhere between our intel being lousy (a possibility) OR the car being packed with explosives and some callous B'stards loading it with a whole family in order to keep it from being hit before it reached its target location.  EITHER IS A POSSIBILITY.  I doubt we'll ever know the truth because we live in a world today where facts and truth are whatever we choose to believe based on the media we trust.  BTW, if those in control of the platform have different "trustworthy" sources, you basically have your voice silenced.  When that happens enough, you just stop using your voice and their message becomes that much more monolithic.  Lovely, huh?  

• Like 1