Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Special forces defy orders and leave the airport to save Afghan allies.

spartan max2

Amazing.  That takes guts.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Amazing.  That takes guts.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to make it into a movie haha

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to make it into a movie haha

I'll be surprised if they don't. :gun:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

This makes me incredibly, happy, angry, sad, outraged, and prideful all at once. 

Well said.  True heroes in a horrific situation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

US special operations vets carry out daring mission to save Afghan allies

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/us-special-operations-vets-carry-090023869.html

This makes me incredibly, happy, angry, sad, outraged, and prideful all at once. 

They are volunteers.

I`m surprised none of the American forces have violated their orders yet. Lets ignore the buffoon at the top and go get our people.

• Thanks 2

To be honest, I don't think the competence and bravery of any of the troops on the ground has ever been in question. The Commander-in-Chief on the other hand...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

They are volunteers.

I`m surprised none of the American forces have violated their orders yet. Lets ignore the buffoon at the top and go get our people.

Shut up fool.

Leave your crap at the door.

These men are amazing. That's the story here. It sure did take guts. Concentrate on that. Next time you feel the need, take you photo of Trump to the loo for five minutes and come back all happy and relieved. 

Modern day heroes. The world needs people like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Shut up fool.

Leave your crap at the door.

These men are amazing. That's the story here. It sure did take guts. Concentrate on that. Next time you feel the need, take you photo of Trump to the loo for five minutes and come back all happy and relieved. 

Modern day heroes. The world needs people like this. 

Wow! You really let it all out buds!  It's kind of embarrassing! 

My god 

:D

• Haha 1

Just now, acidhead said:

My god 

I'm tough and cool remember.

Keep up buds.

• Like 1

A nod to our boys too...

SAS fighters volunteer to stay in Afghanistan to avenge deaths of 13 US troops

"A diehard team of SAS fighters have volunteered to stay behind in Afghanistan to avenge the deaths of 13 US troops ­murdered at Kabul airport.

Sources say up to 40 members of the Who Dares Wins regiment have asked to remain in the war-torn nation so they can take the fight to IS-K – the terrorist group behind Thursday’s suicide bombing and gun attack."

"One source said: “The Marines who died were from the 24th Marine Expeditionary Force. That unit has given assistance to the SAS and SBS many times over the years in Afghanistan.

“They have helped resupply them with food and ammunition and treated their wounded.

“There is a strong bond between the two units, especially with the SBS who recruit largely from the Royal Marines.”"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:04 AM, spartan max2 said:

Guys like these just may be the salvation of the Republic.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, godnodog said:

Blackwater should be seen as a  criminal enterprise

Yeah?  Erik Prince is there, helping save LIVES.  He's already rich as Croesus and I doubt he's taking such risks for a few hundred extra thousands of bucks.  But hey, I'm sure he's probably scum 'cause... (insert BS here).  BTW, what are you doing these days?  Helping anyone to get out?  Donating to those who ARE?  Were you aware that it's impossible to insure multimillion dollar aircraft that intentionally fly into such an active combat zone?  

There's another guy who's stupid rich who's helping get people out and I'm surprised that somebody here hasn't already started bad mouthing him.  Glen Beck has raised 30 million in a matter of days and is getting thousands of Afghan Christians out before they get tortured and killed.  He's in the region, though I don't think he has actually gone in country.  At least in the coming weeks and months they won't have to look at the horrific scenes of slaughter and evil run amok there and wish they had helped.  Or worse, made excuses even to themselves that these poor souls DESERVED their fate.  

Blackwater certainly hasn't covered itself with honor but then honor in general seems to be a bit scarce these days.  There was a time when General officers would "throw their rank" on a desk and resign in protest if political decisions were being made that they KNEW would cause men and women they commanded, to die needlessly.  Today, those officers destroy the career of better men than they are, when those men dare to tell the truth in public.

14 hours ago, godnodog said:

Blackwater should be seen as a  criminal enterprise

Blackwater went of business years ago.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, and then said:

Yeah?  Erik Prince is there, helping save LIVES.  He's already rich as Croesus and I doubt he's taking such risks for a few hundred extra thousands of bucks.  But hey, I'm sure he's probably scum 'cause... (insert BS here).  BTW, what are you doing these days?  Helping anyone to get out?  Donating to those who ARE?  Were you aware that it's impossible to insure multimillion dollar aircraft that intentionally fly into such an active combat zone?  

There's another guy who's stupid rich who's helping get people out and I'm surprised that somebody here hasn't already started bad mouthing him.  Glen Beck has raised 30 million in a matter of days and is getting thousands of Afghan Christians out before they get tortured and killed.  He's in the region, though I don't think he has actually gone in country.  At least in the coming weeks and months they won't have to look at the horrific scenes of slaughter and evil run amok there and wish they had helped.  Or worse, made excuses even to themselves that these poor souls DESERVED their fate.  

Blackwater certainly hasn't covered itself with honor but then honor in general seems to be a bit scarce these days.  There was a time when General officers would "throw their rank" on a desk and resign in protest if political decisions were being made that they KNEW would cause men and women they commanded, to die needlessly.  Today, those officers destroy the career of better men than they are, when those men dare to tell the truth in public.

They also ruin their careers hiding the misconduct of their staff officers. The rank of general has largely been stripped of its prestige due to the actions of presidents and the deliberate incompetence and misconduct of several flag officers.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, and then said:

Just for some information you obviously are unaware of Black Water has been out of Bussiness for many many years. In addition your concern for the Afghan People is a complete joke, by your comments only Christians are worth saving, there all people who served our Nation for many years and based upon that they all deserve to be saved!:td:

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2021 at 3:10 AM, Cookie Monster said:

They are volunteers.

Unlike where your from Americans Soldiers don't refuse to comply with their orders, not out of fear. They do it for each other, unlike you they have integrity and a spirit of duty. 

Thats something that's beyond your ability of thought, and comprehension.

Sad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, acidhead said:

My god 

Its only embarrassing if your Cookie Monster, no one else would make comments like he does.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Its only embarrassing if your Cookie Monster, no one else would make comments like he does.

You've mentioned many times you profited off of the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan. If i haven't seen a larger display of embarrassment then that I don't know what is. Arrogantly blaming the individuals for staying in a failed state you personally profited from? My god. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

You've mentioned many times you profited off of the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan. If i haven't seen a larger display of embarrassment then that I don't know what is. Arrogantly blaming the individuals for staying in a failed state you personally profited from? My god. 

????

Wut?

Like driving your car with fuel provided by pedophile killers?

You're losing it!

Kinda embarassing buds :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I didn't profit off the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, although I was still on active and involved in the invasion in 2002, when I returned I retired from the Army in 2003. Later as a contractor I was paid to perform missions serving in the Middle East. I served as a contractor in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan and I don't blame anyone for staying behind if they choose to. However, I do fear for their safety, but since more than half of the Green Card Holders, and American Citizens are naturalized Afghans I do understand why some are making these choices.

They are concerned for their family members being left under Taliban Rule again, and who can blame anyone for that, as a matter of fact if they do stay in the face of the danger that exists they are actually very honourable and brave people. Now, I doubt your able to understand that because you obviously don't have that same bond with family, and that's very sad!:(

• Like 1