Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Several hundred' Americans are unsure whether to leave Afghanistan, US officials say

Grim Reaper 6

Several hundred American citizens in Afghanistan still haven’t decided whether they want to leave despite an “ongoing aggressive outreach campaign” and the fast-approaching withdrawal deadline for US forces of August 31, U.S. State Department spokesman Ned Price said Friday. Price told reporters that since August 14 – the day before Kabul fell to the Taliban – at least 5,100 American citizens have been evacuated, including 300 in the previous 24 hours.

There are approximately 500 American citizens we are currently working with who want to leave and with whom we are communicating directly to facilitate their evacuations,” Price said. “We are communicating with several hundred American citizens who have not yet determined whether they want to leave for various reasons.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/08/27/americans-afghanistan-still-undecided-evacuating/5623473001/

• Like 3

I see the angle of the article and the member who posted it.  

It blames American citizens trapped in Afghanistan for the debacle instead of the Biden Administration.  

Very predictable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

When the beheading videos begin airing, this same kind of propaganda will be the Biden Admin's excuse for it not being their fault.  They haven't quite figured out yet that their own sycophants are the only ones left that believe anything they say.  And 2022 is coming at them like a freight train on nitrous oxide.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

It blames American citizens trapped in Afghanistan for the debacle instead of the Biden Administration.  

Very predictable 

Hi Acidhead

I didn't see anyone blaming anyone in the article as it was just saying that some people were making choices to stay or were not sure but were being kept in contact with

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closed for business said:

Hi Acidhead

I didn't see anyone blaming anyone in the article as it was just saying that some people were making choices to stay or were not sure but were being kept in contact with

Blame

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Blame

Hi Acidhead 

What blame?

I think you are doing some projection on what the article said how is it any different then any choice a person makes are they all blame? Who do I blame for me eating breaded chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese rather than the T-bone in the freezer? No one it was a choice:huh:

Edited by closed for business
not sure but did it anyway
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Very predictable 

What's predictable is your lack of knowledge of the situation at hand. If you have read the article, you would have recognized that many of those Americans were actually naturalization Afghans. But at this point, I am uncertain if you can even comprehend what is written in that article!!:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, and then said:

When the beheading videos begin airing, this same kind of propaganda will be the Biden Admin's excuse for it not being their fault.  They haven't quite figured out yet that their own sycophants are the only ones left that believe anything they say.  And 2022 is coming at them like a freight train on nitrous oxide.  

Politics from every angle, keep typing sooner or later Spontaneous Human Combustion will occur dam it wish it would happen soon!:lol:

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What's predictable is your lack of knowledge of the situation at hand. If you have read the article, you would have recognized that many of those Americans were actually naturalization Afghans. But at this point, I am uncertain if you can even comprehend what is written in that article!!:yes:

Blaming individuals staying to absolve any responsibility from the Biden Administration.  

Got it ol guy! 

:D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Blaming individuals staying to absolve any responsibility from the Biden Administration.  

Got it ol guy! 

Lean back in recliner, and read the article we all know you and we understand why you get involved in the threads.:lol:

40 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Acidhead 

What blame?

I think you are doing some projection on what the article said how is it any different then any choice a person makes are they all blame? Who do I blame for me eating breaded chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese rather than the T-bone in the freezer? No one it was a choice:huh:

This article explains why there are so many American or Green Card holders still in Afghanistan. It appears that many are naturalized Afghans, even with that said they are crazy to stay behind it will come to no good end for them. I can imagine they are very torn do to family ties in country, its really sad when you think about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

You've got everything figured out buds! 

Dude your a little creepy, why not go stalk your neighbors.

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

This article explains why there are so many American or Green Card holders still in Afghanistan. It appears that many are naturalized Afghans, even with that said they are crazy to stay behind it will come to no good end for them. I can imagine they are very torn do to family ties in country, its really sad when you think about it. 

Hi Manwon

That is true but in the end it is their choice and not like they were left without one. From the tone of the article it seems like the choice is open to them till full evac.

Of those that have dual citizenship I am inclined to think that they are not worried as they may have had no interaction with working for the Americans. I don’t know and won’t blame them or anyone else for their choices. I live with mine good or bad

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Manwon

That is true but in the end it is their choice and not like they were left without one. From the tone of the article it seems like the choice is open to them till full evac.

Of those that have dual citizenship I am inclined to think that they are not worried as they may have had no interaction with working for the Americans. I don’t know and won’t blame them or anyone else for their choices. I live with mine good or bad

I don't blame them for their choices, but if they do hold  Green Cards or American Citizenship they still do have a great deal to fear. In Afghanistan their are informants on every street and around every corner, during my time there it was very common for people to snap photos from roof tops or in passing cars. The Taliban will have no trouble finding these people at a later date if they want them. But, hopefully they have some way to survive, that's all that's really important I certainly wish them the best no matter their choice but time is running out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't blame them for their choices, but if they do hold  Green Cards or American Citizenship they still do have a great deal to fear. In Afghanistan their are informants on every street and around every corner, during my time there it was very common for people to snap photos from roof tops or in passing cars. The Taliban will have no trouble finding these people at a later date if they want them. But, hopefully they have some way to survive, that's all that's really important I certainly wish them the best no matter their choice but time is running out.

Yet you still blame them for Bidens failure. 

It's pretty much par for the course. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Hi Manwon

People study all over the world at institutes to get advanced education in first world countries and if they stayed in contact with their religious community in the counties that they studied in then likely it will also be known how westernized they were.

What we don’t know about individuals we don’t know and I am not going to speculate on their individual intentions 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Hi Acidhead

You are the one blaming people just like you are blaming people here for discussing topics why is that?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

No actually I blame you for your decision!;)

• Thanks 1

Just now, closed for business said:

Hi Acidhead

You are the one blaming people just like you are blaming people here for discussing topics why is that?

He just being who he is, has he ever added anything important to any thread. All he has ever done is Troll and stir the pot like he is doing here. He is a sad person who has nothing and has never accomplished anything, dam shame he is a Canadian. 

7 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Manwon

People study all over the world at institutes to get advanced education in first world countries and if they stayed in contact with their religious community in the counties that they studied in then likely it will also be known how westernized they were.

What we don’t know about individuals we don’t know and I am not going to speculate on their individual intentions 

To me it is not about their intentions, it's about their safety because once the US leaves their not going back. If safety isn't an issue for them, I wish them well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Acidhead

The truth hurts.  President Joe Biden is an incompetent fool whose decisions resulted in tbe deaths of American troops and hundreds of afghani individuals.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

To me it is not about their intentions, it's about their safety because once the US leaves their not going back. If safety isn't an issue for them, I wish them well.

Hi Manwon

For the ones that want to stay it is because of their intentions and as I said they may feel safe. I am not sure that just because they lived in the US is a barrier for them as I do not know if their swearing in as a citizen of the US was sincere or not or what their intentions of being in the US were. I don’t need to know that and accept that they made the choice knowing their options.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

The truth hurts.  President Joe Biden is an incompetent fool whose decisions resulted in tbe deaths of American troops and hundreds of afghani individuals.  

Hi Acidhead

I don’t know if you get this but I don’t give a duck about who blames who and haven’t blamed anyone as it is a group deal of everyone involved for the last 20 years. I am not an American so who they vote for is their business and as long as humans have 2 legs and an ahole then sh!t stinks everyone’s no exceptions to the rule.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Hi Manwon

For the ones that want to stay it is because of their intentions and as I said they may feel safe. I am not sure that just because they lived in the US is a barrier for them as I do not know if their swearing in as a citizen of the US was sincere or not or what their intentions of being in the US were. I don’t need to know that and accept that they made the choice knowing their options.

Like I have said, I hope they are safe not matter their reasons for staying behind. They certainly have the right to make whatever choice they think us best for them. 

• Like 1