Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Several hundred' Americans are unsure whether to leave Afghanistan, US officials say

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Like I have said, I hope they are safe not matter their reasons for staying behind. They certainly have the right to make whatever choice they think us best for them. 

Hi Manwon

Yes indeed all the best to them

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, acidhead said:

The truth hurts.  President Joe Biden is an incompetent fool whose decisions resulted in tbe deaths of American troops and hundreds of afghani individuals.  

Yes he certainly did and Trump did the same thing during the Syrian withdrawal. The difference between us is you are unable to act in a responsible manner and admit they both are idiots because of your political agenda. You not even an American and your enthralled with Trump more than most if not all American Citizens. Now that is really sad and a bit strange but hey, thats you strange.  :no:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't blame them for their choices, but if they do hold  Green Cards or American Citizenship they still do have a great deal to fear. In Afghanistan their are informants on every street and around every corner, during my time there it was very common for people to snap photos from roof tops or in passing cars. The Taliban will have no trouble finding these people at a later date if they want them. But, hopefully they have some way to survive, that's all that's really important I certainly wish them the best no matter their choice but time is running out.

ISIS rules and recruits by fear. They roll in and start beheading people and suddenly recruitment goes up, and that individual keeps his head. If they take over from the Taliban, every person who helped westerners, including westerners will be killed or used as hostage's. U.S Officials in Kabul have already sent a list of people trapped to the Taliban, so finding them will be easier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Blame

What some people call "Blame" others call "personal accountability".   People detest a nanny state until they want them to save them from something that is usually of their own choice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes he certainly did and Trump did the same thing during the Syrian withdrawal. The difference between us is you are unable to act in a responsible manner and admit they both are idiots because of your political agenda. You not even an American and your enthralled with Trump more than most if not all American Citizens. Now that is really sad and a bit strange but hey, that's you strange.  :no:

People simply won't stand back and look at Trump objectively. He is simply their messiah and that's all there is to it. And yes, they are both idiots, and partially to blame for this mess, but mostly Biden. 

US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan: Trump's deadline weighs on Biden (usatoday.com)

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

People simply won't stand back and look at Trump objectively.

May I suggest that you actually try that?

45 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

ISIS rules and recruits by fear. They roll in and start beheading people and suddenly recruitment goes up, and that individual keeps his head. If they take over from the Taliban, every person who helped westerners, including westerners will be killed or used as hostage's. U.S Officials in Kabul have already sent a list of people trapped to the Taliban, so finding them will be easier.

While everything you said is true, if people choose to stay no one can stop them. Many of those who have not decided to leave are most likely naturalized Afghans, who are most likely torn because they don't want to see their families under Taliban Rule again. All we can do is hope whatever decisions these people make is right for them, time is running out!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

People simply won't stand back and look at Trump objectively. He is simply their messiah and that's all there is to it. And yes, they are both idiots, and partially to blame for this mess, but mostly Biden. 

US troop withdrawal from Afghanistan: Trump's deadline weighs on Biden (usatoday.com)

You know at this point pointing the finger is useless, Bidens President and this entire failed withdrawal is on his head. But there is also blood on Trumps hands, he made the peace deal and planned the withdrawal with the Taliban. But, none of that is important at this time, now Biden and our Military Leadership must get the remaining Americans who want to leave out, along with our Afghan Allies who have supported us for the last 20 years. There is no way to correct what has happened, now we can only hope our Nation doesn't  continue to make these same mistakes.

JIMO

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Trust me I have, and just maybe you should take your own advise!;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

When the beheading videos begin airing, this same kind of propaganda will be the Biden Admin's excuse for it not being their fault. 

So far pal,it is you and  Trump that are ducking consequences.

How did you expect this to end, with a victory march and some sort of flag ceremony?  Trump agreed to leave by  May 31  if the Taliban didn't attack us directly.  Trump put the turd in the punchbowl, now it is Biden's task to extract us from the real world danger.  He has stumbled for sure, but the blowhard you worship has done nothing for America. Wanna see that wall he bragged about?

Floods blow gates off Trump's border wall | The Independent

Flash flood meets impenetrable wall.

• Thanks 3

Why do people keep talking about a date? Because Trump set one? Go ahead and complain again how people bring politics into this again. Then b**** about Trump. :rolleyes: I can't believe some people think it was a good idea of Biden's to leave civilians there until last. It's like logic has gone completely out of the window. Anyone with any sense knows you get the civilians out first and then the military. Then decide the best way to address the equipment left behind.

6 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I have. I care nothing for the lying, arrogant, boastful, narcissist who throws blame everywhere with constant tantrums and always attacks anyone who dares to say a word against him. If that is your hero, so be it.

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

Why do people keep talking about a date? Because Trump set one? Go ahead and complain again how people bring politics into this again. Then b**** about Trump. :rolleyes: I can't believe some people think it was a good idea of Biden's to leave civilians there until last. It's like logic has gone completely out of the window. Anyone with any sense knows you get the civilians out first and then the military. Then decide the best way to address the equipment left behind.

Isn't that what is happening?  Reports say we have evacuated over 100,000 civilians. We have more troops on the ground than we did on Jan. 10.  Some of them died or were injured helping American civilians  and Afghans with visas get past security.    They cannot let a suicide bomber get onto the air field or onto a plane.  When its done they get to come home.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, acidhead said:

The truth hurts.  President Joe Biden is an incompetent fool whose decisions resulted in tbe deaths of American troops and hundreds of afghani individuals.  

It is what it is.  Nearly 3,000 Americans have died in Afghanistan in the last 20 years.  It remains a dangerous place.   Are Bush, Obama, and Trump also incompetent fools?  Sure is possible.  

His decision was to stick to the date and evacuate. He said it would become increasingly dangerous. It has and will continue to do so.  That is the nature of war.

Plenty of stuff to blame Biden for though.

• Thanks 1

WASHINGTON (AP) — As the final five U.S. military transport aircraft lifted off out of Afghanistan Monday, they left behind up to 200 Americans and thousands of desperate Afghans who couldn't get out and now must rely on the Taliban to allow their departure. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the U.S. will continue to try to get Americans and Afghans out of the country, and will work with Afghanistan’s neighbors to secure their departure either over land or by charter flight once the Kabul airport reopens.

McKenzie said there were no citizens left stranded at the airport and none were on the final few military flights out. He said the U.S. military maintained the ability to get Americans out right up until just before the end, but “none of them made it to the airport.”  There’s a lot of heartbreak associated with this departure," said McKenzie. "We did not get everybody out that we wanted to get out. But I think if we’d stayed another 10 days we wouldn’t have gotten everybody out that we wanted to get out.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/as-us-military-leaves-kabul-many-americans-afghans-remain/ar-AANULoN