Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Berezow: 'we will never meet intelligent aliens'

UM-Bot

If I understand this right, what he is saying is, if humans haven't invented the ability to travel the stars then nothing else in the universe could do it, we have to visit them show them how the universe works, A bit arrogant, Or have I just got it wrong?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And they will never meet intelligent humans, because, not sure they exist, lol !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Saxman said:

Such an underwhelming narrow point of view, think he needs to broaden his horizons.

No he need an event horizon !

Event Horizon Review | Movie - Empire

Better question is why would they want too?

If they were to look at the earth today they would see a civilization where several factions are fighting to control the entire globe, and enslave it's population in one form or another. 

A population where at least 75% of it is just a stones throw from the stone age, in a world where the lowest common denominator is elevated above all others and whom are breeding it into extinction.

We are far to  ignorant, barbaric, and primitive to warrant any interest from a civilization advanced enough to travel here, and the direction we are headed and how we keep repeating history we are never getting off this rock, we are destined to keep running in a circle. 

• Like 1

Why do people seem to think that the Universe   'out there' is any different from the Universe 'right here'?  It isn't...the Universe is the same....it's the same laws of physics...the same periodic table of elements...so...

Why then do  some people think that there is intelligent life out there who has been building technology for millions of years and haven't destroyed themselves doing it?  

We are not in the infancy of technology...we are nearer to the end of it.  The Universal qualifier for life must eat other life.  The Evolution of Species cannot be any different on any other life bearing planet than it is on Earth.  

I think some people are locked into the Star Trek science fiction so deep they think it isn't fiction.  It is.  It's fiction.  All of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think it might be very dangerous to meet, that we have a lot of micro-organisms, bacteria and viruses, that would kill them pretty much directly since their immune system has no protection against them. Even if some aliens survive, they could bring for them dangerous micro-organisms back to their planet and kill everyone there. The same could happen if we try to visit them.

• Like 1

Kind of arrogant. The first airplane flew only 119 years ago, and we think we've already figured out the limits of not only humanity, but every other possible form of ET's out there? OK then...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I say this in a non arrogant as possible way….. I’m not sure many people in this forum understand the vastness of space…. Nor do the really get what would happen to a “ship” that hit a pebble at .05 the speed of light.

I’m not sure people really get the vastness of a measure called “time”

Space is really really big people.

no one will read what I just typed and get it. Did the tree fall in the forest if noone heard it?

Edited by Nobu
  • Like 2

My biggest hang up with both the article and comments that are often read on the forum is the assumption that we will physically deploy to the next star system (or wherever) when in actual fact it will more likely be some sort of robotic artificial intelligence that will do so.

Unfazed by time, these machines will do all the exploring for us - in fact, I�d hazard to believe that other races will actively do the same or will have gone through a phase of their development where they did the same.

Also consider that with miniaturisation, the shape of the robot could be small. It could be a swarm of self-replicating AI that counters all eventualities and losses as they move from system to system, reporting back as they go along.

Through these means we could discover and communicate with E.T. without having to consider the risks and permutations of biological space travel.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I say this in a non arrogant as possible way….. I’m not sure many people in this forum understand the vastness of space…. Nor do the really get what would happen to a “ship” that hit a pebble at .05 the speed of light.

no one will read what I just typed and get it. Did the tree fall in the forest if noone heard it?

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but in case you're not, that's as arrogant as it gets. 

The nasa solar probe recently reached .05 the speed of light and is doing fine. 

"time" goes slower the faster the object is moving relative to earth.

And, I saw the tree fall. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, saywhat said:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but in case you're not, that's as arrogant as it gets. 

Crap.... I get it now.... gonna hide in the corner now.

11 hours ago, jolko said:

If I understand this right, what he is saying is, if humans haven't invented the ability to travel the stars then nothing else in the universe could do it, we have to visit them show them how the universe works, A bit arrogant, Or have I just got it wrong?

You've got it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

You're probably right.  YOU ARE the ONLY one that understands The Universe is big.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Vox said:

Unfazed by time, these machines will do all the exploring for us - in fact, I�d hazard to believe that other races will actively do the same or will have gone through a phase of their development where they did the same.

That has always seemed reasonable to me, whether it is a metallic AI construct in what we think of as a conventional space craft or a virus based memory stored on cometary fragments, we are not so far from being capable of that.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

It’s possible aliens are here right now and we simply can’t see them.

Looks like I picked the wrong week...

airplane_lloyd_bridges_high.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

There is only the Emperor, and he is our Shield and Protector.

But Geller Fields and metre thick plates of ceremite help.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, saywhat said:

Now send that probe more miles than you understand.

like I said. Waste of time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 10:21 AM, Socio said:

Better question is why would they want too?

If they were to look at the earth today they would see a civilization where several factions are fighting to control the entire globe, and enslave it's population in one form or another. 

A population where at least 75% of it is just a stones throw from the stone age, in a world where the lowest common denominator is elevated above all others and whom are breeding it into extinction.

We are far to  ignorant, barbaric, and primitive to warrant any interest from a civilization advanced enough to travel here, and the direction we are headed and how we keep repeating history we are never getting off this rock, we are destined to keep running in a circle. 

They aren't going to know that untill they get a lot closer.

It's not just about travel between point A and point B. Finding had to happen first.

Imagine you take an ocen cruise. At some point, you balance a screw near the edge of the boat to fall of randomly at some point. Then walk away. At the end of the trip the screw is gone. It's in the ocean somewhere.

What we are doing now is like trying to find that lost screw. We have to do that before we can retrieve it.

We are still searching. 

Then comes the problem of travel. Which most likely would be with communications to begin with. It's the most sensible form of space travel. 

47 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Now send that probe more miles than you understand.

like I said. Waste of time

So you were serious. You should look up the word arrogant, I'm not sure you fully understand the meaning. I'm well aware of the known size of the visible universe, I'm not sure you understand that it doesn't revolve around you. You can also look up narcissist as well, arrogance should pop up a few times for reference.

• Haha 1