Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More than 1,500 coronavirus-positive migrants released in one week into Texas border town

el midgetron

MCALLEN, Texas — A border city in south Texas declared a local disaster this week as it struggles to respond to surging cases of the coronavirus among migrants as thousands are released by the Border Patrol onto the street every week.

Last week, a record-high 7,000 migrants were released in downtown McAllen, where they were immediately tested for the coronavirus through a city contractor. More than 1,500 people tested positive over the past seven days, according to a city document issued Wednesday, compared to a total of 7,000 confirmed cases over the past five months. Those who test positive are told to quarantine for two days but are ultimately released into the public.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/more-1-500-coronavirus-positive-205500567.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I don't know about the group being released:  where they came from; are they Mexican or something else; were they housed in conditions conducive to the spread of covid?  Sounds like there's an issue with the Border Patrol.

BUT:  I would like to see a person who can walk a thousand miles while suffering from covid - like the right-wingers say the Hondurans are doing.  Medical science could learn a lot of important stuff about surviving covid from such a person.

I hear people blaming immigrants from the south for covid, BUT:  covid strain alpha (the first one) was brought here from Europe by people on airplanes and cruise ships - not immigrants travelling on foot.  Covid strain delta (the current one) first showed up in the US in north Texas on May 20, 2021 and in Louisiana the next day (May 21, 2021).  And lambda came in through Miami.  So it seems unlikely that covid is being imported by people on foot - people who would probably die of it long before they reached the border.

Doug

• Like 2

2 hours ago, razman said:

I just dont get what they are doing and thinking? :blink:

If someone has COVID in a federal facility, it’s a federal problem to care for them. If they have it in the street it’s a local government problem, it’s pure buck passing. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

BUT:  I would like to see a person who can walk a thousand miles while suffering from covid - like the right-wingers say the Hondurans are doing.  Medical science could learn a lot of important stuff about surviving covid from such a person.

It's available if you're really interested. And like I said in the other thread...there are lots of asymptomatic cases in every country.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Latin America - statistics & facts.

Latin America has been one of the most strongly affected regions by the COVID-19 pandemic, with countries like Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru ranking among the nations with the largest number of cases and deaths resulting from the disease. Brazil, the most populated country in the region, is also home to the largest  number of cases. It was also in Brazil that the first case of COVID-19 in Latin America was confirmed, on February 26, 2020. When it comes to the number of  deaths caused by the disease, Brazil ranks second in the world. Mexico and Peru rank fourth and fifth. Moreover, the COVID-19 disease has proven highly fatal in Peru as well as in Brazil, both registering some of the highest death rates per one million inhabitants in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's available if you're really interested. And like I said in the other thread...there are lots of asymptomatic cases in every country.

Latin America has been one of the most strongly affected regions by the COVID-19 pandemic, with countries like Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru ranking among the nations with the largest number of cases and deaths resulting from the disease. Brazil, the most populated country in the region, is also home to the largest  number of cases. It was also in Brazil that the first case of COVID-19 in Latin America was confirmed, on February 26, 2020. When it comes to the number of  deaths caused by the disease, Brazil ranks second in the world. Mexico and Peru rank fourth and fifth. Moreover, the COVID-19 disease has proven highly fatal in Peru as well as in Brazil, both registering some of the highest death rates per one million inhabitants in the world.

Hi Michelle 

The bottom line is that the feds should have held them at some location to clear them of COVID before allowing them into the population.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, closed for business said:

The bottom line is that the feds should have held them at some location to clear them of COVID before allowing them into the population.

I know. It's just that people keep saying it isn't happening when the facts back it up. If you say it is a irrefutable you are called a racist KKK member,Trump worshiping Republican...among other things.

When people resort to ad hominems it proves how little knowledge they have about a subject.

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. The fallacious attack can also be direct to membership in a group or institution.

https://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Ad-Hominem.html

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know. It's just that people keep saying it isn't happening when the facts back it up. If you say it is a irrefutable you are called a racist KKK member,Trump worshiping Republican...among other things.

When people resort to ad hominems it proves how little knowledge they have about a subject.

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. The fallacious attack can also be direct to membership in a group or institution.

https://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Ad-Hominem.html

Hi Michelle 

I didn’t attack anyone but did says the feds should have handled the situation differently. As well I did not mention Trump or anyone else so not sure why you have given the definition of an ad-hominem attack as I did no such thing.:huh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closed for business said:

Hi Michelle 

I didn’t attack anyone but did says the feds should have handled the situation differently. As well I did not mention Trump or anyone else so not sure why you have given the definition of an ad-hominem attack as I did no such thing.:huh:

I said people, not you. It's down to something that has been quite abundant as of late...especially the ones that hate Trump with a passion. They seem to find him in places I would never imagine. Having had conversations here about our southern border before, and being berated for my opinion, it tends to put me on the offensive.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :blush:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Agreed, but as I said in the other thread, we don't have data on how a person engaged in strenuous, often debilitating, effort day after day would fare under such conditions.

Doug

45 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I said people, not you. It's down to something that has been quite abundant as of late...especially the ones that hate Trump with a passion. They seem to find him in places I would never imagine. Having had conversations here about our southern border before, and being berated for my opinion, it tends to put me on the offensive.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. :blush:

Hi Michelle

Thanks and no problem. Yes I agree that a lot of finger pointing is going on and try no to do that in my comments especially seeing as how I am not an American citizen.:tu:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Agreed, but as I said in the other thread, we don't have data on how a person engaged in strenuous, often debilitating, effort day after day would fare under such conditions.

Pro athletes have grueling schedules and have tested positive. Yeah I know, we don't know anything about anyone so I'm done.

2 minutes ago, closed for business said:

Thanks and no problem. Yes I agree that a lot of finger pointing is going on and try no to do that in my comments especially seeing as how I am not an American citizen.:tu:

You have as much a right to your opinion as anyone else. ;)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yeah I know, we don't know anything about anyone so I'm done.

I guess we're both done because I don't have solid data, either.

Doug

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

DEL RIO, Texas – A law enforcement source within CBP tells Breitbart Texas that the total number of migrant detainees held at the makeshift camp exceeds 12,000. The pace has increased substantially in recent hours, according to the source.

The Border Patrol is struggling to deal with what may be the worst migrant humanitarian crisis in the agency’s history. The local Border Patrol stations and processing facilities have reached capacity and can accept no more migrants. Available buses are being used to transport the migrants away but are not sufficient to meet the demands at present.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/09/17/exclusive-numbers-swell-overnight-to-12k-migrants-detained-under-border-bridge-in-texas/