Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US military destroyed some of its own weapons on the way out of Afghanistan

Grim Reaper 6

With the United States's now-completed withdrawal approaching in early August, many Biden administration officials expected the Afghan forces, which they trained for years, to be able to hold off the Taliban at least until after the troops had left. Instead, much of the equipment the U.S. had provided to the Afghan forces fell into the Taliban's hands but not the 70 MRAPs and 27 Humvees, both of which are military vehicles, and 73 aircraft they left inoperable.

The U.S.-backed Afghan military possessed more than 150 aircraft before the Taliban took over, according to the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction's recent report. The U.S. also provided them with 600,000 infantry weapons, 162,000 pieces of communication equipment, and 16,000 night vision goggles since 2003, according to Reuters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-military-destroyed-some-of-its-own-weapons-on-the-way-out-of-afghanistan/ar-AANV6K5

• Like 4

Didn't Biden say once the evac is over and people are out that he wanted to destroy as much as they can of what they left behind? 

Thought I read that yesterday somewhere.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Didn't Biden say once the evac is over and people are out that he wanted to destroy as much as they can of what they left behind? 

Thought I read that yesterday somewhere.

Yes I certain they would have liked to do that unfortunately all most all the equipment not destroyed was in the Afghan Military's hands when collapse occurred. The Afghan Military according to the article had 150 Aircraft, but 73 were destroyed before the final US Departure according to the article. 

Peace my friend. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes I certain they would have liked to do that unfortunately all most all the equipment not destroyed was in the Afghan Military's hands when collapse occurred. The Afghan Military according to the article had 150 Aircraft, but 73 were destroyed before the final US Departure according to the article. 

Peace my friend. 

I might have heard wrong. I thought air strikes were considered to destroy remaining assets.

Whilst the US is out if Afghanistan, I'm not entirely sure that it means the war is over. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I might have heard wrong. I thought air strikes were considered to destroy remaining assets.

Whilst the US is out if Afghanistan, I'm not entirely sure that it means the war is over. 

That may be true, but I doubt that would release that information before they do it, and warn the Taliban. Also there are still Approximately 200 Americans that did not show up for the final flight out during the final departure, so I suspect that their safety may be used as a bargaining chip. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That may be true, but I doubt that would release that information before they do it, and warn the Taliban. Also there are still Approximately 200 Americans that did not show up for the final flight out during the final departure, so I suspect that their safety may be used as a bargaining chip. 

Yes, that's one thing they don't have that the US has. A conscience. Human shields are nothing to them.

No doubt you're right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was hoping it was more if a "Claymore in the cockpit" kind of thing. But disabling them is good too.