Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

He was the last U.S. soldier to leave Afghanistan after 20 years of occupation

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender

Maj. Gen. Christopher Donahue, commander of the 82nd Airborne Division, XVIII Airborne Corps, based in Fort Bragg, N.C., was the final soldier to leave Afghanistan as U.S. troops boarded a C-17 aircraft at the Kabul airport just before a self-imposed U.S. deadline to evacuate.

The Pentagon tweeted a photo recognizing Donahue as the final soldier in America's longest war, which saw more than 775,000 American troops serve over two decades. 

Donahue – a former special assistant to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the Pentagon – previously served as the commander of special operations joint task force-Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.

Over his long military career, he has been deployed 17 times to carry out operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, North Africa and Eastern Europe. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/he-was-the-last-us-soldier-to-leave-afghanistan-after-20-years-of-occupation/ar-AANV431

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tatetopa

Flash from the past.  I just listened to  part of an Obama speech about how vital it was to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan.   I am glad we are not going in that direction at the moment.  Good for the general I am glad he made it out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
On 9/1/2021 at 10:43 AM, Tatetopa said:

Flash from the past.  I just listened to  part of an Obama speech about how vital it was to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan.   I am glad we are not going in that direction at the moment.  Good for the general I am glad he made it out.

So am I my friend, most members don't realize it but a good leader will always be the last one to leave during any military evacuation. Just like a Navy Captian should always go down with his ship, if he isn't able to evacuate all the Salors. It all comes down to integrity,, respect, and honor!:tu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

So am I my friend, most members don't realize it but a good leader will always be the last one to leave during any military evacuation. Just like a Navy Captian should always go down with his ship, if he isn't able to evacuate all the Salors. It all comes down to integrity,, respect, and honor!

Integrity, respect, and honor are not as common as they once might have been, especially in those we call our leaders. Of course, one might say those qualities have always been more rare in  the political class than in the everyday person. 

Is it the same in other countries?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

It's common knowledge leaders are the last to leave...

Costa Concordia captain hands himself into prison

The captain of the doomed Costa Concordia cruise liner has turned himself in after Italy’s highest court upheld his 16-year prison sentence for his role in the 2012 tragedy that killed 32 people.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/12/costa-concordia-captain-hands-himself-into-prison

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Integrity, respect, and honor are not as common as they once might have been, especially in those we call our leaders. Of course, one might say those qualities have always been more rare in  the political class than in the everyday person. 

Is it the same in other countries?

Tate, as far as other countries are concerned I think it is most the same, but in all cases it come down to the individual. Because you have cowards in every country too, and just because someone wears the Stars of a General doesn't mean they will do the right thing when faced with that kind of adversity. 

Take Care Tate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, Michelle said:

It's common knowledge leaders are the last to leave...

Costa Concordia captain hands himself into prison

The captain of the doomed Costa Concordia cruise liner has turned himself in after Italy’s highest court upheld his 16-year prison sentence for his role in the 2012 tragedy that killed 32 people.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/12/costa-concordia-captain-hands-himself-into-prison

Thanks for the post Michelle.

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Tate, as far as other countries are concerned I think it is most the same, but in all cases it come down to the individual. Because you have cowards in every country too, and just because someone wears the Stars of a General doesn't mean they will do the right thing when faced with that kind of adversity. 

Take Care Tate. 

Hey Tate the information that Michelle posted about the Cruise Ship Captain is a perfect example of what I was talking about. First through negligence he caused the accident that caused his ship to capsize, and then he abandoned the ship to save his own life while passengers died. So like I said my friend it all comes down to the ethical behavior or lack there of the Officer.

Peace Tate.

 

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Integrity, respect, and honor are not as common as they once might have been, especially in those we call our leaders. Of course, one might say those qualities have always been more rare in  the political class than in the everyday person. 

Is it the same in other countries?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.