Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FACT FOCUS: Trump, others wrong on US gear left with Taliban


Manwon Lender
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Taliban have seized both political power and significant U.S.-supplied firepower in their whirlwind takeover of Afghanistan, recovering guns, ammunition, helicopters and other modern military equipment from Afghan forces who surrendered it. But the gear the Taliban have obtained isn’t worth the $80 billion or more being claimed this week by social media users and political figures including Sen. Marsha Blackburn, Rep. Lauren Boebert and former President Donald Trump. 

We did spend well over $80 billion in assistance to the Afghan security forces,” Grazier said. “But that’s not all equipment costs. Another estimate from a 2017 Government Accountability Office report found that about 29% of dollars spent on Afghan security forces between 2005 and 2016 funded equipment and transportation. 

If that percentage held for the entire two-decade period, it would mean the U.S. has spent about $24 billion on equipment and transportation for Afghan forces since 2001.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fact-focus-trump-others-wrong-on-us-gear-left-with-taliban/ar-AANXdlT

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

This won't stop Trump from continually claiming this amount though, you can rest assured.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One Donald quiet, another Donald carries on the clarion call... 

Quote
29 Jan 2002 — On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home.
 
 
 
 
 
29 Nov 2020 — 2.3 trillion missing Sept 10 2001.
 
 
 
 
 
9 Jul 2021 — Was anything left out? Oh, yes — that's right: On Sept. 10, 2001, Rumsfeld, then U.S. defense secretary, held a news conference to state that ...

~

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

This won't stop Trump from continually claiming this amount though, you can rest assured.

Your certainly right it wil not stop Trump from making those claims. But as more and more information about him comes to the surface, his lies, Conspiracy Theories, and Misinformation are no longer as effective. But, all that isn't important now, now Biden must step up and take responsibility for his actions that caused the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. You see Biden has a unique opportunity here, if he stands up in front of the American people and takes full responsibility for what has occurred he will gain the Respect of Democrates and Republicans alike and that will do more to destroy Trump anything else ever will!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your certainly right it wil not stop Trump from making those claims. But as more and more information about him comes to the surface, his lies, Conspiracy Theories, and Misinformation are no longer as effective. But, all that isn't important now, now Biden must step up and take responsibility for his actions that caused the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. You see Biden has a unique opportunity here, if he stands up in front of the American people and takes full responsibility for what has occurred he will gain the Respect of Democrates and Republicans alike and that will do more to destroy Trump anything else ever will!

True I hope he does. And here's Trump a few days ago. :rolleyes: Trump Complains Media Spent Weekend on Hurricane Ida Not Taliban Deal (businessinsider.com)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

That's a typical Trump response, Trumps only concern is his own political aspirations. He has never given much thought to the real plight of the American people, Trump is out for Trump and anyone or anything that gets in his way is cast aside. But, there is also a very important point to made here. I didn't vote for Biden, but for those who did they all must hold him fully accountable and responsible for the disaster that just occurred with the withdrawal from Afghanistan. 

If this doesn't occur, the Democratic members of this forum are no better than Trumps Supporters who refuse to admit he was a terrible President, and who still push his lies on this forum on a daily basis. It all comes down to that simple fact, for those who can't see that are no better that those they argue politics here ever day. Neither of these Presidents are flawless, and neither deserve the blind obedience that is given to Trump whether he was right or wrong!

Peace:tu: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

True. I didn't vote for either. Trump is too concerned about himself, and Biden seems to be under influence whether for a medical ailment, such as dementia or going senile or something. 

Our country is in a ridiculous state right now with both parties bickering and investigating everything under the moon and every week someone is being asked to resign. Which never happens. So why ask.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

True. I didn't vote for either. Trump is too concerned about himself, and Biden seems to be under influence whether for a medical ailment, such as dementia or going senile or something. 

Our country is in a ridiculous state right now with both parties bickering and investigating everything under the moon and every week someone is being asked to resign. Which never happens. So why ask.

I certainly agree with you, things are as bad as I have ever seen them. In the past when America was in bad shape the Nation United and that got the country through, well I don't know what's going to happen this time. I just hope we hit rock bottom soon, because then there is only one way to go, and that's back up!:yes:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Trump was our president we  and our allies would have been out of there safe and sound., before Taliban took over.:(   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

If Trump was our president we  and our allies would have been out of there safe and sound., before Taliban took over.:(   

Trump was our president while our people and allies were over there..... Before the Taliban took over even.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

It's not gonna matter the particulars. 

That's the number that will be remembered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2021 at 11:17 PM, Manwon Lender said:

The Taliban have seized both political power and significant U.S.-supplied firepower in their whirlwind takeover of Afghanistan, recovering guns, ammunition, helicopters and other modern military equipment from Afghan forces who surrendered it. But the gear the Taliban have obtained isn’t worth the $80 billion or more being claimed this week by social media users and political figures including Sen. Marsha Blackburn, Rep. Lauren Boebert and former President Donald Trump. 

We did spend well over $80 billion in assistance to the Afghan security forces,” Grazier said. “But that’s not all equipment costs. Another estimate from a 2017 Government Accountability Office report found that about 29% of dollars spent on Afghan security forces between 2005 and 2016 funded equipment and transportation. 

If that percentage held for the entire two-decade period, it would mean the U.S. has spent about $24 billion on equipment and transportation for Afghan forces since 2001.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fact-focus-trump-others-wrong-on-us-gear-left-with-taliban/ar-AANXdlT

 

Only 24 billion? Oh,. thank God! I thought it was something substantial!:lol:

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.