Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Harm Done By Religion

Doug1066

16 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Sorry, but I'm not buying what you're selling.

Here is an interesting talk critiquing both Materialism and religion and the harm they do.

Make of it what you will.

For it is Materialism that wants to sell you something, (not I) that and materialistic religions too.

"Everythingness"

• Like 1

In it's most profitable sense, when meditating, it's not "nothingness" that's encountered. Instead it's "everythingness".

"Can you really realize the true significance of God’s indwelling? Do you really fathom what it means to have an absolute fragment of the absolute and infinite Deity, the Universal Father, indwelling and fusing with your finite mortal natures? When mortal man fuses with an actual fragment of the existential Cause of the total cosmos, no limit can ever be placed upon the destiny of such an unprecedented and unimaginable partnership."

Source

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Just try it, and you shall know for yourself.

As long as I can remember when I started to have thoughts, consciousness, I have never stopped having thoughts. And No One will ever make me stop thinking. Like never-old Mick says; If you start me up, I'll never stop.

No one can stop what God started. I have seen God, daily. Every time I see my reflection in a reflective surface, I see the likeness of God. Have no thoughts, look in a mirror, as that is all the meditation one needs to see the image, as that is all that is granted us to see of God. As far as being able to gaze on the Original, only Jesus, His only Begotten Child, has seen the face of God, the Original.

And if you think that by stopping your thoughts you will see God, as He really is, then you are truly crazy, and not conscious of your insanity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

In it's most profitable sense, when meditating, it's not "nothingness" that's encountered. Instead it's "everythingness".

"Can you really realize the true significance of God’s indwelling? Do you really fathom what it means to have an absolute fragment of the absolute and infinite Deity, the Universal Father, indwelling and fusing with your finite mortal natures? When mortal man fuses with an actual fragment of the existential Cause of the total cosmos, no limit can ever be placed upon the destiny of such an unprecedented and unimaginable partnership."

Source

Beautiful quote Will..

Love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pettytalk said:

As long as I can remember when I started to have thoughts, consciousness, I have never stopped having thoughts. And No One will ever make me stop thinking. Like never-old Mick says; If you start me up, I'll never stop.

No one can stop what God started. I have seen God, daily. Every time I see my reflection in a reflective surface, I see the likeness of God. Have no thoughts, look in a mirror, as that is all the meditation one needs to see the image, as that is all that is granted us to see of God. As far as being able to gaze on the Original, only Jesus, His only Begotten Child, has seen the face of God, the Original.

And if you think that by stopping your thoughts you will see God, as He really is, then you are truly crazy, and not conscious of your insanity.

And yet Christ said, "The Kingdom of GOD is within." And, "Know thy first the Kingdom of GOD, and His Righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto thee." And, ".....Then works that I do he shall do greater still."

So, by Christs own words, you are Divine, you may know this Divinity, and, you shall do greater works yet.

Your religious fundamentalism is as bad as the materialistic scientism.

And anti-Christ.

18 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Sweety, as he calls you, the absence of words is telling. Are you giving us the idea that you stopped your thoughts? And you're telling us you had no visual appearance of a spirited God? Didn't see a carrot?

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Apparently I'm not the only thing being ignored around here, Saru's will too. Though shall not link youtube musical videos!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Sweety, as he calls you, the absence of words is telling. Are you giving us the idea that you stopped your thoughts? And you're telling us you had no visual appearance of a spirited God? Didn't see a carrot?

No, I am not making claims that one can stop all their thoughts at will. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its very far from nothingness.

An awakened state of oneness, is one way of describing it. Or sometimes its the whole skull that feels like there is a mighty whirlwind rearranging the neurons. At other times the crown chakra opens up, and one actually feels the download. Sometimes its the whole spine that tingles. In fact, THAT, shows up in different places and in different ways, every time it is different. One can only wait, in the present moment, to see, feel, for ones self.

Its really a beautiful thing, and yet "nothingness", it is not.

In either case, it's certainly not god.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And if one hasn't studied these ideas, then one will laugh, and mock, and belittle those who have.

How can you study with a delusional mind? You are a prisoner to madness, in that state. And you are bound to believe what you read, in a delusional state. And as far as hallucinations, one needs no mind for that, as it's all the work of a brain. Ask Timothy Leary, he'll take you up, and bring you back down the same day. And all you'll see up there that day, is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. The same Lucy Dante saw.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

In either case, it's certainly not god.

Well that's your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

Although, that's not my experience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

How can you study with a delusional mind? You are a prisoner to madness, in that state. And you are bound to believe what you read, in a delusional state. 

Its not what I read that I believe, but what I have experienced, known, realised for oneself, that I now build upon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

This is your narrative about your mental state, at best you are lost in a fantasy. You have made up this narrative , no one else but you. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Its not what I read that I believe, but what I have experienced, known, realised for oneself, that I now build upon.

What are your resources? Yourself? 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

How is it such that your experience involves god?

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

This is your narrative about your mental state, at bestyou are lost in a fantasy. You made up the narrative for this, no one else but you. 

Yes, its called "thinking for oneself".

As I have said many times, thoughts, and ones narrative, although ultimately speaking Unreal, may lead one nonetheless, to the Gates of Heaven.

Once at those gates, all thoughts, all narratives must be dropped, so one may enter, and abide with THAT.

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

No, I am not making claims that one can stop all their thoughts at will. 

Before your edit, ??? 

I was commenting on your post entry  #1309  I noted that you had quoted CH, however that was all that it was showing, since you made no response/comment to the quote, as the response section was blank. And I thought you were being witty, showing us a picture of a state of thoughtlessness (you stopped your thoughts, but did not see God) Blank. Perhaps I took too much for granted, thinking you had stopped your thoughts, saw no God, and therefore gave us a spirited blank stare.

Its very far from nothingness.

For you everything is... 

~

An awakened state of oneness, is one way of describing it.

Or another way of saying self delusional, do as thou may as thou please... 

~

Or sometimes its the whole skull that feels like there is a mighty whirlwind rearranging the neurons.

Most times it's just that slightly off can of something you ate the night before... 

~

At other times the crown chakra opens up, and one actually feels the download.

Make sure you remember to flush and then wipe your "chakra"

~

Sometimes its the whole spine that tingles. In fact, THAT, shows up in different places and in different ways, every time it is different. One can only wait, in the present moment, to see, feel, for ones self.

Remember to wash your hand...

~

Its really a beautiful thing, and yet "nothingness", it is not.

Stop it, you're making me phallic chakra  tingle...

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What are your resources? Yourself? 

Well, yes, and no.

I do cherry pick quite a lot, but ultimately one must try, for oneself, to know the truth of anything.

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, its called "thinking for oneself".

As I have said many times, thoughts, and ones narrative, although ultimately speaking Unreal, may lead one nonetheless, to the Gates of Heaven.

Once at those gates, all thoughts, all narratives must be dropped, so one may enter, and abide with THAT.

Crazy Horse, in your post you are demonstrating that you are making up this narrative as you go. If nothing else meditation can familiarize you with the nature of the brain. 

Your high on woo it is not rocket science. Get some rest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Before your edit, ??? 

I was commenting on your post entry  #1309  I noted that you had quoted CH, however that was all that it was showing, since you made no response/comment to the quote, as the response section was blank. And I thought you were being witty, showing us a picture of a state of thoughtlessness (you stopped your thoughts, but did not see God) Blank. Perhaps I took too much for granted, thinking you had stopped your thoughts, saw no God, and therefore gave us a spirited blank stare.

Aww gotcha.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, yes, and no.

I do cherry pick quite a lot, but ultimately one must try, for oneself, to know the truth of anything.

What I is your source for meditation?

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

How is it such that your experience involves god?

First of all, its GOD, not god.

But, its a good question.

Lets say, one is being worked upon, one is being energised, and one may then use that energy for different things.

Then all doubt ceases.

Its a game changer that no-one comes back from..

It may be easier if you try for yourself? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Crazy Horse, in your post you are demonstrating that you are making up this narrative as you go. If nothing else meditation can familiarize you with the nature of the brain. 

Your high on woo it is not rocket science. Get some rest.

Actually, I am high on life.

And, just because you lack any understanding, nor the will to even try to comprehend what is being said, doesn't mean that I am making it up as I go..

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked