Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Harm Done By Religion

Doug1066

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

You can cut the bullsh!t and just say that you think you're more selfless than me, and that's why I don't have the same experience as you during meditation. :)

I didn't mention you, nor I.

Just a simple answer to your question about karma.

If you are gonna get all upset, then don't talk to me.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you are gonna get all upset, then don't talk to me.

I'm not upset, I just know that you're trying to avoid sounding egotistical to maintain the narrative that you're well on your way to enlightenment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Crazy H.  get some rest you sound like you need it. 

All the best.

Thanks Sheri, but..

How am I supposed to rest until you explain what exactly "Google cherry pick copy and paste" actually means?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

How am I making a mockery of GOD?

I can take a crack at that. When God creates a creature like yourself, while making us believe that he is all Love and Good, that's the mockery. But to be fair, we are all His creatures, as we are all a mockery, if we are in his image.

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks Sheri, but..

How am I supposed to rest until you explain what exactly "Google cherry pick copy and paste" actually means?

Meditate a while longer, and it will come to you. On second thought, it won't, you are not thinking in your meditations.

• Haha 2

Crazy Horse, after having won at the Little Big Horn, thinks he can also win, single-handed, with all the Big Horns around here. Hardly!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks Sheri, but..

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks Sheri, but..

It’s time to chill out, hun. 

Google deep breathing techniques and calm yourself down. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It’s time to chill out, hun. 

Google deep breathing techniques and calm yourself down. 

Meme: "*takes deep breath* AHHHHHHHHH" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'm not upset, I just know that you're trying to avoid sounding egotistical to maintain the narrative that you're well on your way to enlightenment.

Enlightenment? He has more chains on him than Heracles. He' still looking at the shadows on the cave's wall, only more intently, when he meditates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Crazy Horse, after having won at the Little Big Horn, thinks he can also win, single-handed, with all the Big Horns around here. Hardly!

Colonel Custers ego was just too big.

It gets one into all kinds of trouble.

Alas, there are no scalps worth a dam around here lol..

Not even that fake, blond one..

4 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Enlightenment? He has more chains on him than Heracles. He' still looking at the shadows on the cave's wall, only more intently, when he meditates.

Indeed, he drank the kool aid. :tu:

Sometimes said likely a disease, but most definitely, syndrome... 

George Armstrong Custer and severely mauled six others. Expecting a repeat of the Battle of Washita River, Custer ignored contrary intelligence or did not ...

29 Sep 1991 — The Custer syndrome-curse of the West. You could write a history of the region on the theme: a tragedy with no permanent winners.

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The harm done by religion? For one, when there's more than one religion, the harm is done to truth. There can only be one vision of truth, one true religion. Sophia is my Queen, and I love her religiously. Freddy Mercury, where are you? This is the real deal, as another one bites the dust. That wise old serpent knew that by eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, the knowledge of Good and Evil, we would have our eyes opened (enlightenment) and note that we were like God. How can children fail to have a likeness to their Father, and Mother? And we can be certain who our parents are, since there is only One Father and One Mother. Because there definitely is a Woman behind every Great and Successful Man. Or God. And therefore we have the Son of Man, Jesus. Is not God a Man??? If we are in His likeness, and we are man, he surely IS too.

So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

11 minutes ago, SHaYap said:

Sometimes said likely a disease, but most definitely, syndrome... 

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The harm done by religion? For one, when there's more than one religion, the harm is done to truth. There can only be one vision of truth, one true religion. Sophia is my Queen, and I love her religiously. Freddy Mercury, where are you? This is the real deal, as another one bites the dust. That wise old serpent knew that by eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, the knowledge of Good and Evil, we would have our eyes opened (enlightenment) and note that we were like God. How can children fail to have a likeness to their Father, and Mother? And we can be certain who our parents are, since there is only One Father and One Mother. Because there definitely is a Woman behind every Great and Successful Man. Or God. And therefore we have the Son of Man, Jesus. Is not God a Man??? If we are in His likeness, and we are man, he surely IS too.

So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.

Can the possession of knowledge be considered a course? Sometimes, even figuratively! How did the "serpent" on that tree know what God Knows???? “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Socrates: God only Knows.

My Apology!

And here, O men of Athens, I must beg you not to interrupt me, even if I seem to say something extravagant. For the word which I will speak is not mine. I will refer you to a witness who is worthy of credit; that witness
shall be the God of Delphi–he will tell you about my wisdom, if I have any, and of what sort it is. You must have known Chaerephon; he was early a friend of mine, and also a friend of yours, for he shared in the recent exile of the people, and returned with you. Well, Chaerephon, as you know, was very impetuous in all his doings, and he went to Delphi and boldly asked the oracle to tell him whether–as I was saying, I must beg you not to interrupt–he asked the oracle to tell him whether anyone was wiser than I was, and the Pythian prophetess answered, that there was no man wiser. Chaerephon is dead himself; but his brother, who is in court, will confirm the truth of what I am saying. Why do I mention this? Because I am going to explain to you why I have such an evil name.       

(The Old Snake????) No wonder he could drink everybody "under the table, when it came to knowledge"... as we drinkers say. 

Plato's Symposium:

Yet at a festival he was the only person who had any real powers of enjoyment; though not willing to drink, he could if compelled beat us all at that,—wonderful to relate! no human being had ever seen Socrates drunk; and his powers, if I am not mistaken, will be tested before long.

My Apology, again.

Socrates: This inquisition has led to my having many enemies of the worst and most dangerous kind, and has given occasion also to many calumnies. And I am called wise, for my hearers always imagine that I myself possess the wisdom which I find wanting in others: but the truth is, O men of Athens, that God only is wise; and by his answer he intends to show that the wisdom of men is worth little or nothing; he is not speaking of Socrates, he is only using my name by way of illustration, as if he said, He, O men, is the wisest, who, like Socrates, knows that his wisdom is in truth worth nothing.

snake eating fruit.jpg

Just found out that the ball in my right shoulder has pulled loose.  Surgery to fix that is scheduled for Monday.  Typing with one finger.  It's going to be awhile before I can get more posting ready.

Doug

• Sad 6

12 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Just found out that the ball in my right shoulder has pulled loose.  Surgery to fix that is scheduled for Monday.  Typing with one finger.  It's going to be awhile before I can get more posting ready.

Doug

Oh no, hoping for a speedy easy recovery.

• Like 3

Baal Zebub, Lord of Flies, was the God of the Oracle who dwelt in the House of Heaven in Ekron, one of the Philistine cities. Oracles presume to speak for whatever god or gods they champion. In that regard, UM houses several oracles itself, presuming, in haughty arrogance, to speak for whatever gods there be.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And, just because you lack any understanding, nor the will to even try to comprehend what is being said, doesn't mean that I am making it up as I go..

Hi Crazy Horse

Your comment is a cop out  because you don't actually have an answer, you haven't given anything worth comprehending to start with. Wandering words of fictional answers.

Basically it is on you to support your claims so please do invest some effort.

Edited by jmccr8
spelling, spacing, missed letters etc...
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

Hi Doug sorry to hear that hope all goes well

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its not what I read that I believe, but what I have experienced, known, realised for oneself, that I now build upon.

And so was born the phrase, "to each his own." Man is the measure of all things, to you. I realized that about you long ago. We'll see who's measurement are correct, when Santa comes to town, for you too.

Did you come to realize before you were taught how to read?

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Baal Zebub, Lord of Flies, was the God of the Oracle who dwelt in the House of Heaven in Ekron, one of the Philistine cities. Oracles presume to speak for whatever god or gods they champion. In that regard, UM houses several oracles itself, presuming, in haughty arrogance, to speak for whatever gods there be.

Quoting an oracle, "And I suppose you don't see the irony in what you have just "oraclized?"  I thought you were moving on? Slow mover, I suppose.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

I feel for you. My left shoulder, although not as bad, is pulled too. I can't raise my left arm past my shoulder. Hurts like hell. Inflammatory arthritis, with bone spur, per the x-rays. 

I suppose some one will a joke about pulling, just to make us feel better, with a laugh. Preemptive strike. You are not pulling our shoulders, are you? It does not have a leg to stand on.

Wishing you the best,and speedy recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Your comment is a cop out  because you don't actually have an answer, you haven't given anything worth comprehending to start with. Wandering words of fictional answers.

Basically it is on you to support your claims so please do invest some effort.

Like me, he has to learn the hard way. It does not pay around here to put forth an idea, or a belief devoid of substance....the material evidence craved by those who stand back and say, the burden of proof is on you. And how the hell can anyone make ideas and beliefs materialize? Personal experiences cannot be conveyed to others either, unless they have had nearly the same experience. A snakebite victim, will only share his agony and pain suffered with other snakebite victims, because, unless you have been bitten too, you cannot believe what it's like. You may imagine it, but that is not material pain. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Colonel Custers ego was just too big.

It gets one into all kinds of trouble.

Alas, there are no scalps worth a dam around here lol..

Not even that fake, blond one..

Not a full bird, like you, was George at the time of his blunder. 

After the war, Custer was appointed a lieutenant colonel in the Regular Army and was sent west to fight in the Indian Wars. On June 25, 1876, while leading the 7th Cavalry Regiment at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in Montana Territory against a coalition of Native American tribes,[4] he was killed along with all of the five companies he led after splitting the regiment into three battalions. This action became romanticized as "Custer's Last Stand"

And if you keep insulting our Blonde, it may just be your own last stand, around here. Don't be a fool, by learning from your own experience, instead, learn from others' mistakes.

And why are you scouting around for valuable scalps to be had? Are bald? We already know that you are bold, like the real Crazy Horse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked