Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Mother believes ghosts are visiting her baby

30 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

papageorge1

Just one still photo? A little disappointing. (Oops missed the link with more) However after enough cases I have come to believe that spirits do hover around babies as a repeating phenomena.

Papameter Reading

60% Paranormal      40% Normal/Hoax

Light coming on by itself claim juices the old meter. 

 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Just one still photo? A little disappointing.

There's a video in the source link.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

It's interesting that she says "I'm not scared, but it all was very strange."

Yet, in the headline she's "Terrified" :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman

Looks a whole lot like a spiderweb or hair near the lens shifting in a draft. And does the camera have a motor? Sure moves like it does. Baby cams get hacked constantly -  or maybe someone fat fingered the remote just then. A light left on does not impress me in any way. People forget to turn lamps off all the time. Who remembers if a lamp was on days ago? They didn't watch this until days after the fact.

As usual, not enough details and zero debunking. People jump straight to "ghost" excuse before looking into it deeper.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Just one still photo? A little disappointing. (Oops missed the link with more) However after enough cases I have come to believe that spirits do hover around babies as a repeating phenomena.

Papameter Reading

60% Paranormal      40% Normal/Hoax

Light coming on by itself claim juices the old meter. 

 

OK, just saw the video and second article I missed the first time. 

This was interesting: Cheryl says she noticed two floating objects above their son's cot when the monitor, apparently, spins round towards a light the mum claims wasn't left on.

Apparently she's claiming the monitor moved on its own too. More juice to the meter.

Papameter Reading

65% Paranormal      35% Normal/Hoax

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NCC1701
52 minutes ago, moonman said:

Looks a whole lot like a spiderweb or hair near the lens shifting in a draft. And does the camera have a motor? Sure moves like it does. Baby cams get hacked constantly -  or maybe someone fat fingered the remote just then. A light left on does not impress me in any way. People forget to turn lamps off all the time. Who remembers if a lamp was on days ago? They didn't watch this until days after the fact.

As usual, not enough details and zero debunking. People jump straight to "ghost" excuse before looking into it deeper.

Totally agree, my own camera sometimes moves by itself as it is hacked. There is a draft as you can see the label of the pillow move. It is clearly dust or spiderwebbing moving close to the camera. And the light  is probably some dim lamp with a high ifrared content or an ir-led that you normally would not notice but the infrared camera sees it very bright.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
14 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

Totally agree, my own camera sometimes moves by itself as it is hacked. There is a draft as you can see the label of the pillow move. It is clearly dust or spiderwebbing moving close to the camera. And the light  is probably some dim lamp with a high ifrared content or an ir-led that you normally would not notice but the infrared camera sees it very bright.

Indeed - the room is dark. If it was a normal lamp there would be a lot more light.

They should quit worrying about ghosts and tighten up their online security instead. Knowing that someone else might be watching my kid and house through my own camera would NOT be something I would play off with cutesy stories about grandparent ghosts.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
29 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

or an ir-led that you normally would not notice

Why would you put an IR nightlight (if there's such a thing) in your child's bedroom?

 

Edited by acute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

If I had some wifi cameras set up, and they were moving on their own, or turning on and off, etc. I'd IMMEDIATELY change my wifi password and settings, and in general worry about security...Not ghosts.

People hack a home's wifi often enough that it's a real issue. If you have tons of "smart" devices in your home, you're just more vulnerable.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
21 minutes ago, acute said:

Why would you use an IR nightlight for your child's bedroom?

If you have an IR camera monitoring the baby, it makes sense. Don't want a bright light the kid can see on all night.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
Just now, Seti42 said:

If you have an IR camera monitoring the baby, it makes sense. Don't want a bright light the kid can see on all night.

Yes, but.....

You wouldn't need an active IR light. The baby gives off plenty of heat for an infrared camera to detect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

Ok, let me sum up, see if I got this.

Mom believes a thing is happening.

Some folks agree, others do not.

No one is harmed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd
9 hours ago, moonman said:

People jump straight to "ghost" excuse before looking into it deeper.

I agree. No need to call the Ghostbusters here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
icansee

I felt oddly compelled to register just to reply to this one... Cot is close to floor to ceiling mirrored sliding wardrobe doors, clearly see the reflection of the cot and the cots contents as it pans round and the end of one of the doors and the start of another. Camera has integrated IR night light LED's and is picking that up when it stares at itself when it comes to a stop - there's no light.  Floatie things are like people have identified, cobweb / dust etc.

 

Real question should be why does such a young child have so much junk in the cot which could fall on him / her best case causing upset worse case affecting breathing.

Edited by icansee
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
4 hours ago, icansee said:

I felt oddly compelled to register just to reply to this one... Cot is close to floor to ceiling mirrored sliding wardrobe doors, clearly see the reflection of the cot and the cots contents as it pans round and the end of one of the doors and the start of another. Camera has integrated IR night light LED's and is picking that up when it stares at itself when it comes to a stop - there's no light.  Floatie things are like people have identified, cobweb / dust etc.

 

Real question should be why does such a young child have so much junk in the cot which could fall on him / her best case causing upset worse case affecting breathing.

You are absolutely correct. Nice catch, ashamed I didn't see that. It's obvious now. I was wondering why it looked like there are two cribs, and the "other side" of the room looks "fragmented".

So all we really have here is a hair on the lens and a hacker or rogue signal/fat finger making the camera turn.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

OK, just saw the video and second article I missed the first time. 

This was interesting: Cheryl says she noticed two floating objects above their son's cot when the monitor, apparently, spins round towards a light the mum claims wasn't left on.

Apparently she's claiming the monitor moved on its own too. More juice to the meter.

Papameter Reading

65% Paranormal      35% Normal/Hoax

I question the meters choice of "juice" in order to get that reading.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
28 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I question the meters choice of "juice" in order to get that reading.

Think of the "meter" as his level of bias. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
4 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I question the meters choice of "juice" in order to get that reading.

You and everyone else here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
josellama2000

nice

Edited by josellama2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
On 9/3/2021 at 3:49 PM, acute said:

Yes, but.....

You wouldn't need an active IR light. The baby gives off plenty of heat for an infrared camera to detect.

That's not how IR cameras work. You're thinking of thermographic cameras. IR is much more like regular light (aside from the fact that we cannot see it). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
19 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I question the meters choice of "juice" in order to get that reading.

Cameras like this don't move on their own and lights almost never turn on by themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TashaMarie
3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Cameras like this don't move on their own and lights almost never turn on by themselves. 

I think all of that has been discussed in previous posts there is nothing remarkable about the story or video .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Looks like spider webbing or a hair on the lense. They make a remote controlled baby camera. That might very well explain the movement. That's if they have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
15 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I think all of that has been discussed in previous posts there is nothing remarkable about the story or video .

Hmm….and all I heard were weak attempts at explain-away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.