Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP Sen. Pat Toomey says that Trump should not be the party's 2024 presidential nominee

Grim Reaper 6

In an interview with CNBC at the Ambrosetti Forum in Italy, the retiring two-term Pennsylvania senator was asked if he would be dismayed if Trump reemerged as the GOP nominee in the upcoming presidential contest. Yeah, after what happened post-2020 election," he said. "I think the president's behavior was completely unacceptable. So I don't think he should be the nominee to lead the party in 2024."

There's simply no evidence anyone has shown me of any widespread corruption or fraud," he said on "CBS This Morning" in early November. "The president's speech last night was very disturbing to me because he made very, very serious allegations without any evidence to support it." When asked if there was a "traditional conservative candidate" who could become the nominee, Toomey expressed that there were an abundance of qualified candidates.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-sen-pat-toomey-says-that-trump-should-not-be-the-partys-2024-presidential-nominee-slams-his-unacceptable-behavior/ar-AAO65Am

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Toomey expressed that there were an abundance of qualified candidates.

I wonder whom those would be?

Any suggestions?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Any suggestions?

Honestly I have given it no thought, at this point in time in my opinion it isn't really important!:) However, I think whoever it is should have a Military Combat Background.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Any suggestions?

I agree, LG, who else can energize the right? 

Trump may be a blunderbuss but he does get voters charged up.

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I agree, LG, who else can energize the right? 

Trump may be a blunderbuss but he does get voters charged up.

I should have qualified my question.

Who other than Trump?

ETA: and please don't say Ivanka, Jr. or Eric. Please :huh:

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Who other than Trump?

Yes, LG, I understood it that way. 

If the Repubs don't allow Trump to run (possible) and Trump runs as an independent, he'll split the constituents in two and neither will win.
Can't wait to see how this plays out

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes, LG, I understood it that way. 

If the Repubs don't allow Trump to run (possible) and Trump runs as an independent, he'll split the constituents in two and neither will win.
Can't wait to see how this plays out

How can that happen unless he's convicted of a crime?

Edited by Likely Guy

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

How can that happen unless he's convicted of a crime?

The Repubs can't stop him from running, but they can stop him from being the Republican nominee by nominating someone else.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The Repubs can't stop him from running, but they can stop him from being the Republican nominee by nominating someone else.

Gotcha.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Who other than Trump?

ETA: and please don't say Ivanka, Jr. or Eric. Please :huh:

I should have also quantified my answer. Since I am a moderate Republican, I must honestly say that I will not vote for a Republican Candidate who has in anyway enabled Trump. This also includes those who pushed the Election Fraud and the anti-mask, the anti-vaccination nonsense, and  any of the Conspiracy Theories propagated concerning the Capital Insurrection. To me these people are a danger to the Republic and to the American People. In my opinion any Representative of the United States Government who support the Covid 19 Conspiracy Theories has American Blood on their hands.

i believe that by the end of 2023, enough factual information will come out that will cause Republican voters to see the truth in all of the above. In addition there is much more new information that is starting to break through the current propaganda that has caused many Americans to not know what is real and what is propaganda, misinformation, disinformation, along with intentional lies. These things could change how Republican voters see Representatives of the a Republican Party. At this point in time the Republican Party is a shadow of its former self, it is also fractured when it comes to loyalties.

The Republican Party has many very good people who could be candidates, but I will not mention any names at this time, because my opinion of them could change between now and 2024. One thing I would like to see from both Political Parties is fresh blood, and younger candidates, I would like to see someone nominated that is 60 years old or younger. 

JIMO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I should have also quantified my answer. Since I am a moderate Republican, I must honestly say that I will not vote for a Republican Candidate who has in anyway enabled Trump. This also includes those who pushed the Election Fraud and the anti-mask, the anti-vaccination nonsense, and  any of the Conspiracy Theories propagated concerning the Capital Insurrection. To me these people are a danger to the Republic and to the American People. In my opinion any Representative of the United States Government who support the Covid 19 Conspiracy Theories has American Blood on their hands.

i believe that by the end of 2023, enough factual information will come out that will cause Republican voters to see the truth in all of the above. In addition there is much more new information that is starting to break through the current propaganda that has caused many Americans to not know what is real and what is propaganda, misinformation, disinformation, along with intentional lies. These things could change how Republican voters see Representatives of the a Republican Party. At this point in time the Republican Party is a shadow of its former self, it is also fractured when it comes to loyalties.

The Republican Party has many very good people who could be candidates, but I will not mention any names at this time, because my opinion of them could change between now and 2024. One thing I would like to see from both Political Parties is fresh blood, and younger candidates, I would like to see someone nominated that is 60 years old or younger. 

JIMO

Just curious.... 

What difference does it make the age of the individual? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

One thing I would like to see from both Political Parties is fresh blood, and younger candidates,

Amen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Just curious.... 

You've never carped about Biden's age?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Just curious.... 

Why don't give us your opinion, I am also just curious!;)

• Like 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

You've never carped about Biden's age?

This guy is a master manipulator, and yes he talked about Bidens age on regular basis see my reply to his question the odds are very good he will not answer!:)

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He’s too nice for the GOP. They will chew him up, swallow him, then offer to regurgitate his remains in Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago compost pile.

Edited by Raptor Witness

19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Why don't give us your opinion, I am also just curious!;)

I just did. What difference does age of the individual matter?

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Just an interesting little factoid about Sen Pat Toomey. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/meet-senates-candy-man/story?id=28225890

That's a very interesting factoid actually, I have never heard of this tradition before. But, I am certain that it makes him a sought out member of the Senate and when people stop by to chat, which it apeears is frequently I would bet the subject concerns many other subjects other than Candy. It appears his seat in the Senate has more advantages than just satisfying a sweat tooth!

Thanks very much for sharing Susieice!:tu:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I just did. What difference does age of the individual matter?

Just curious, why do you think that?

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's a very interesting factoid actually, I have never heard of this tradition before. But, I am certain that it makes him a sought out member of the Senate and when people stop by to chat, which it apeears is frequently I would bet the subject concerns many other subjects other than Candy. It appears his seat in the Senate has more advantages than just satisfying a sweat tooth!

Thanks very much for sharing Susieice!:tu:

The candy desk is on the Republican side of the Senate Chamber. Hershey's, Mars and Just Born have all donated candy to keep Congress happy. Hundreds of pounds of it! When they are in session they can't eat. All they can have is water, milk and candy. The articles say Congress so I guess they share some with the House. CNN mentions it in their report on the Trump Impeachment Trial. When you're grumpy, you need a Snickers Bar (Mars). This isn't CNN but here's a video.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

He’s too nice for the GOP. They will chew him up, swallow him, then offer to regurgitate his remains in Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago compost pile.

That's just who would I pick. He's almost palatable from the other side (moderates).

Who would you pick?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, susieice said:

The candy desk is on the Republican side of the Senate Chamber. Hershey's, Mars and Just Born have all donated candy to keep Congress happy. Hundreds of pounds of it! When they are in session they can't eat. All they can have is water, milk and candy. The articles say Congress so I guess they share some with the House. CNN mentions it in their report on the Trump Impeachment Trial. When you're grumpy, you need a Snickers Bar (Mars). This isn't CNN but here's a video.

That's cool thanks for sharing, maybe a Candy Man would make a good President!:D

This could be his Presidential Theme Song, and his running logo could be Make America Sweat Again!!:D

• Like 1