Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taliban is ‘hunting Americans,’ says California mom-to-be left behind in Afghanistan

docyabut2

A pregnant woman named Nasria, a 25-year-old California native, flew to Afghanistan in June to visit family and get married. As of early September, she remained one of the estimated 100 to 200 Americans left behind in the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. forces, according to a report. 

Now that the U.S. military is gone, the Taliban is "hunting Americans," she told the Voice of America.

"I think to myself, ‘Am I going to make it home? Am I going to end up living here? Am I going to end up dying here? What’s going to happen?" Nasria, who asked to be referred to only by her first name for safety reasons, said. 

Taliban is ‘hunting Americans,’ says California mom-to-be left behind in Afghanistan (msn.com)

• The title was changed to Taliban is ‘hunting Americans,’ says California mom-to-be left behind in Afghanistan

Weird.

"She said she and her husband tried to get to the specified location for 12 to 13 hours but the Taliban blocked them at gunpoint even as she showed them her U.S. passport. "- from the article.

and also-  "And although her husband pleaded for the Taliban to let her go without him, she refused, revealing she’s pregnant. 

"My child is going to need a father and I’m going to need a husband by my side," she said, adding that she knew once she left Afghanistan she would never return."- also from the article. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

A pregnant woman named Nasria, a 25-year-old California native, flew to Afghanistan in June to visit family and get married. As of early September, she remained one of the estimated 100 to 200 Americans left behind in the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. forces, according to a report. 

Now that the U.S. military is gone, the Taliban is "hunting Americans," she told the Voice of America.

"I think to myself, ‘Am I going to make it home? Am I going to end up living here? Am I going to end up dying here? What’s going to happen?" Nasria, who asked to be referred to only by her first name for safety reasons, said. 

Taliban is ‘hunting Americans,’ says California mom-to-be left behind in Afghanistan (msn.com)

:rolleyes:   Sounds like a personal problem.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alright, I don't mean to sound heartless...But we didn't pull out overnight, they knew the end was coming for months. They had weeks to evacuate from Kabul, and we're still working to get folk out of there if they want to leave. 

But we can't use that has an excuse to continue a forever war, we'd never leave! 

• Like 3

“And if there’s American citizens left, we’re going to stay until we get them all out,” Biden said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/18/biden-says-us-will-stay-in-afghanistan-until-all-americans-allies-who-want-to-leave-can-do-so-506112

The administration is “hopeful that in the coming days the Qataris will be able to resume air service out of Kabul. If they do, we're obviously going to look to see if Americans can be part of those flights," he said, referring to the nation of Qatar.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/05/americans-left-afghanistan-klain-509730

what a bunch of losers

38 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

what a bunch of losers

Well maybe so.  They should have gotten out months ago.  But this woman is married to an Afghan national. Love does strange things.  It did not say he had a visa or SIV. He told her to go without him which implies that the Taliban would have let her through.  She refused.  We can't force Americans to leave Afghanistan.  Spouses of American citizens do not automatically receive green cards without application and review.  It can be denied if the background check finds the applicant inadmissible to the US. If they decide too late for conventional means, other means will have to be found.  Maybe that will happen, maybe not.  There is a lot riding on it though isn't there? 

Of course the Taliban are hunting Americans.  They have at least 3 good reasons to finds them quickly.  First to return them to America. They will be in a world of hurt if ISIS kills an American.  We will blame the Taliban and  blow somebody or something up.  Second to hold as hostages  Does that seem likely?  Hostages for what?  They got what they wanted. Third, no doubt the Taliban does not like undocumented foreigners running around their country.  They could be spies or terrorists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3