Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida shooting: Former Marine killed 4 people, including a baby

Still Waters

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

A former Marine who told his girlfriend he was receiving visions from God broke into two homes outside Lakeland, Florida, early Sunday morning and fatally shot four people, including a 3-month-old baby, according to authorities.

Outfitted in body armor, the suspect barricaded himself in one of the homes and shot at law enforcement officers before eventually surrendering, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. Once in custody, he tried to take a gun from an officer at a hospital and had to be subdued, Judd said.

The startling incident, which Judd described as an "active shooter rampage," had no clear motive, and there are no apparent connections between the suspect and the four victims.

"We just know we had a madman with a lot of guns that shot and killed innocent people," Judd said Sunday.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/06/us/florida-shooting-infant-what-we-know/index.html

• Sad 5

it's scary as hell to think what might be going through someone else's brain. girlfriend says he was never violent, we'll have to take her word for it. he went to a church gathering and started saying he could talk to God :blink: I'm no psychiatrist, but that sounds like schizophrenia, to me. had it been dormant this entire time and finally raised its head when he heard certain things? what set him off? how terrifying.

oh, and schizophrenia and meth do NOT mix. come to think of it, not many things DO mix with schizophrenia. or meth 

I have a friend and coworker with SEVERE ptsd. the real stuff, not this crap non combatants come up with so they can legally smoke weed. I don't know how many of you know someone like this, he's literally one of the best human beings I've ever met but said that "hell hath no fury like the **** I see when I close my eyes at night."

I introduced him to a remedy and now these dreams are far more manageable (he thinks it's a miracle that he can sleep at night now) but there are truly people out there like this. I sincerely do worry when it's obvious he's having a bad time, but thankfully he doesn't have drug issues or schizophrenia (that I know of) 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

From the OP … Link

no criminal history aside from a "small charge" as a teenager, the sheriff said.

More background from Sheriff Judd:

Sadly, there are two ways of looking at this.

1) A true psychotic break, possibly drug induced, including a bad combination. Steroids + Stimulants

This can be especially dangerous if two different steroids are used, at the same time, and in conjunction with a stimulant, or a combination of stimulants.

If you add an anti-depressant, it can be even more dangerous. 

2) True demonic possession, which would need verification by a priest.

This reminds me of Pizza Gate, a little, but I haven’t had time to follow up on that case.

My guess is, we’re going to find out this incident involved a combination of drugs, and possibly an anti-depressant.

My independent Spiritual source has informed me that the Tampa, FL area is home to great evil, and as such; I would sadly, not be surprised to see more bizarre incidents; such as this, in that general area. 

Not everyone there is evil, of course, but I would not live in this part of Florida, even before this incident.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 9/6/2021 at 6:20 AM, HandsomeGorilla said:

I have a friend and coworker with SEVERE ptsd. the real stuff, not this crap non combatants come up with so they can legally smoke weed. I don't know how many of you know someone like this, he's literally one of the best human beings I've ever met but said that "hell hath no fury like the **** I see when I close my eyes at night."

I have a couple of friends like that too, one from Vietnam and one from Iraq era.  Both have severe sleep problems. Fortunately both have understanding and devoted wives.  If we were honest with ourselves about how much wars affect survivors  and for how long, we might think twice before sending in troops  for political points.

• Like 1