Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
ZOXS

Shadow beings in dreams.

34 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ZOXS

Are they trying to tell me something? Anyone have experience with them before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
23 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Are they trying to tell me something? Anyone have experience with them before?

The official position in psychology is that they are a type of nightmare often encountered during times of your sleep patterns being disrupted.

In folklore they are often seen as an indicator someone is practising witchcraft on you.

In Shamanism its an indicator you need to use your dark side to solve a problem.

What is really freaky is when they stop appearing in dreams, start appearing in reality, and other people can see them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73

Dreams are mostly about things we haven't dealt with, because they're unpleasant. And they never show directly what it's about, but use symbols.

A shadow being could be someone in your life that is too absent. Someone you'd like to get closer to, or spend more time with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
29 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Shadow beings in dreams.

Are they trying to tell me something? Anyone have experience with them before?

Why do you assume this is not your own creation?  A dream.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
34 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Are they trying to tell me something? Anyone have experience with them before?

It is most likely your subconscious trying to get you to face a fear that you have hidden from yourself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is most likely your subconscious trying to get you to face a fear that you have hidden from yourself.

I can explain more.
 

I recorded my dream right after it happened and it went like this:

I was trying to practice lucid dreaming and in my dream, it was like I was in a room at an old home but it wasn’t exactly my room. I saw this being (shadowy like) poke it’s head around at me and then fully come out. I stopped what I was doing for a while then continued and it came out again and made a screeching noise. I saw another one go past me and then touch a part of my body, I stopped the dream shortly after.

For reference, I was laying on my side and couldn’t see the other one after it moved behind me but I didn’t like it touching me. They had no eyes but an obvious place where a head would be. I think they had arms but they were by their side and were very long, I don’t know if they had hands. Couldn’t see their feet.I could feel it staring at me even though it didn’t have eyes, it just felt like it could enter my soul once it started screeching.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
22 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Dreams are mostly about things we haven't dealt with, because they're unpleasant. And they never show directly what it's about, but use symbols.

A shadow being could be someone in your life that is too absent. Someone you'd like to get closer to, or spend more time with.

Oh okay, I have lost touch with a few people but why would these shadow beings appear all of a sudden now?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
21 minutes ago, acute said:

Why do you assume this is not your own creation?  A dream.

I don’t know what to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
55 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Anyone have experience with them before?

yeah, probably everyone at some point.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
4 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Oh okay, I have lost touch with a few people but why would these shadow beings appear all of a sudden now?

Well, dreams and psychology are not scripted events. They do as they please, when they please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
6 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

I can explain more.
 

I recorded my dream right after it happened and it went like this:

I was trying to practice lucid dreaming and in my dream, it was like I was in a room at an old home but it wasn’t exactly my room. I saw this being (shadowy like) poke it’s head around at me and then fully come out. I stopped what I was doing for a while then continued and it came out again and made a screeching noise. I saw another one go past me and then touch a part of my body, I stopped the dream shortly after.

For reference, I was laying on my side and couldn’t see the other one after it moved behind me but I didn’t like it touching me. They had no eyes but an obvious place where a head would be. I think they had arms but they were by their side and were very long, I don’t know if they had hands. Couldn’t see their feet.I could feel it staring at me even though it didn’t have eyes, it just felt like it could enter my soul once it started screeching.

 

That sounds like a fear you need to look at.  Also, I do not do lucid dreaming but what you described sounded more like astral travel and when you do that you will encounter others, though you will not see them as they are in their physical body.   Since it was lucid dreaming you were probably in your head and experiencing something from your subconscious.  Of course, I don't really know, only you can decipher it, no one else can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
7 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Oh okay, I have lost touch with a few people but why would these shadow beings appear all of a sudden now?

 

Have you been thinking or reading about shadow people?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
Just now, Desertrat56 said:

That sounds like a fear you need to look at.  Also, I do not do lucid dreaming but what you described sounded more like astral travel and when you do that you will encounter others, though you will not see them as they are in their physical body.   Since it was lucid dreaming you were probably in your head and experiencing something from your subconscious.  Of course, I don't really know, only you can decipher it, no one else can.

I thought maybe it was aliens trying to tell me something but I don’t know really. I am open to many possibilities.

I felt so scared from that dream. It reminded me of a feeling I have felt before when I was younger and I don’t like it at all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
11 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

I can explain more.
 

I recorded my dream right after it happened and it went like this:

I was trying to practice lucid dreaming and in my dream, it was like I was in a room at an old home but it wasn’t exactly my room. I saw this being (shadowy like) poke it’s head around at me and then fully come out. I stopped what I was doing for a while then continued and it came out again and made a screeching noise. I saw another one go past me and then touch a part of my body, I stopped the dream shortly after.

For reference, I was laying on my side and couldn’t see the other one after it moved behind me but I didn’t like it touching me. They had no eyes but an obvious place where a head would be. I think they had arms but they were by their side and were very long, I don’t know if they had hands. Couldn’t see their feet.I could feel it staring at me even though it didn’t have eyes, it just felt like it could enter my soul once it started screeching.

 

In Irish mythology the old screeching hag is an indicator that someone has just died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Have you been thinking or reading about shadow people?   

Not until it happened and I don’t read much about it. The only post I saw was on this site and that’s why I joined. I’m still new here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
Just now, Cookie Monster said:

In Irish mythology the old screeching hag is an indicator that someone has just died.

Oh that’s very interesting. Maybe it means someone is about to die or has died?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
1 minute ago, ZOXS said:

Not until it happened and I don’t read much about it. The only post I saw was on this site and that’s why I joined. I’m still new here.

What particular shadow being did you see?

An old hag, a tall man in a hat, something in a cloak, red eyes, did it have a face, and alien?

Edited by Cookie Monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, ZOXS said:

I thought maybe it was aliens trying to tell me something but I don’t know really. I am open to many possibilities.

I felt so scared from that dream. It reminded me of a feeling I have felt before when I was younger and I don’t like it at all.

 

 

Aliens don't come to tell you anything in dreams.  They will get your attention some other way.   Shadow beings are not aliens.  In dreams they are something or someone you have fear about, that you need to face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, ZOXS said:

Oh that’s very interesting. Maybe it means someone is about to die or has died?

 

The banshee is not a shadow person.   Maybe you could read some mythology from different continents and get an idea of the archetypes that are common.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

What particular shadow being did you see?

An old hag, a tall man in a hat, something in a cloak, red eyes, did it have a face, and alien?

It’s been a while now, but I don’t remember it having a hat, red eyes or being a hag. It had long arms but it’s hands couldn’t be seen. It was fairly talk and kind of vibrated like static. There was two of them actually. One kept staring at me while the other zoomed past and then touched me and it was very uncomfortable.

 

I had another dream two days later but I didn’t see them then. Do you want me to tell you about it? I wrote it down after it happened.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The banshee is not a shadow person.   Maybe you could read some mythology from different continents and get an idea of the archetypes that are common.

 

I don’t the being in my dream was a banshee. I have only read a bit about it, I’m still new to this. I haven’t experienced this being until recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZOXS
6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Aliens don't come to tell you anything in dreams.  They will get your attention some other way.   Shadow beings are not aliens.  In dreams they are something or someone you have fear about, that you need to face.

Oh okay. I am not sure what it is though. It’s very intense either way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster

I have had several encounters with shadow people.

The first I took a substance (a legal one) that shamans use. Something invisible kept slapping me around the face while awake. It also put in a full blown appearance while someone else was with me, and they saw it too. It was small, in a cloak, was made out of some kind of blackness. I put it down as a Jinn.

The same entity put in a visit inside one of my dreams. I was winter camping in the Swiz Alps, it entered my tent, and kicked me in the head. As it kicked me in the head it immediately woke me up as my head moved as if it had just been kicked.

Then I kept being woken up in the morning by something getting up off the end of my bed. I dared not look.

Then I had a bizarre experience. It was no normal dream. I could hear a horse trotting around outside and funeral bells. And its hard to explain but I knew it was the hat man. During all these experiences 2 deaths occurred in my family. One alcohol related death, one corona virus one.

I will wait for the next time I have an encounter and I`m going to try and override my fear and establish communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ell
1 hour ago, ZOXS said:

I can explain more.
 

I recorded my dream right after it happened and it went like this:

I was trying to practice lucid dreaming and in my dream, it was like I was in a room at an old home but it wasn’t exactly my room. I saw this being (shadowy like) poke it’s head around at me and then fully come out. I stopped what I was doing for a while then continued and it came out again and made a screeching noise. I saw another one go past me and then touch a part of my body, I stopped the dream shortly after.

For reference, I was laying on my side and couldn’t see the other one after it moved behind me but I didn’t like it touching me. They had no eyes but an obvious place where a head would be. I think they had arms but they were by their side and were very long, I don’t know if they had hands. Couldn’t see their feet.I could feel it staring at me even though it didn’t have eyes, it just felt like it could enter my soul once it started screeching.

 

The description of those two faceless entities is rather vague.

Usually the actors in dreams are other parts of one's own mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ell
1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Then I kept being woken up in the morning by something getting up off the end of my bed.

I have often had such experiences when sleeping in a bed at my sister's. Never in any other bed. It freaked me out.

However, there never was any evidence of the presence of another living being.

Eventually I concluded that it was either a muscle spasm in my leg, or the mattress, or both.

You might want to consider to buy another mattress.

Edited by Ell
typo plus addition
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.