Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docyabut2

Was Jesus real?

155 posts in this topic

Freez1

One day you will find out when you exhale you’re final breath in this life. When that tiny spark of life leaves you’re body and you become no more. That is when we will all know the truth. The transition from this life to the next isn’t simple. We were given free will and with this people can believe in anything they wish. What counts is being right or wrong once you are there! If you are wrong you might need some air conditioning, sun screen and some flame retardant clothing. 

• Haha 1

third_eye

To quote a pal of mine who said, "when I die and find out, I promise to come back and tell you everything... "

Then another pal of mine replied, "no need, if you see Jesus, punch him in the face for me..."

Someone else then said, "what if you see Satan? "

I of course replied, "that will be the best thing that could happen, you just spit in his face and God will pluck you off to heaven... "

Easy peasy... 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guyver
19 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

One day you will find out when you exhale you’re final breath in this life. When that tiny spark of life leaves you’re body and you become no more. That is when we will all know the truth. The transition from this life to the next isn’t simple. We were given free will and with this people can believe in anything they wish. What counts is being right or wrong once you are there! If you are wrong you might need some air conditioning, sun screen and some flame retardant clothing. 

Your first three sentences are pure truth.  Everything after that is pure conjecture.

• Like 3

Tiggs
On 9/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, eight bits said:

Apart from Jewish material, or indirect influence from other cultures via Jewish scripture, we had a thread not too long about Dennis MacDonald's debate with Richard Carrier. MacDonald's thing is that Homer appears to have been a direct influence on the gospels. My personal jaw dropper is John, whose opening miracle (the magical winemaking at Cana) re-enacts an annual rite of Dionysus-Bacchus. Jesus does in that story just what a priest of Dionysus would do in the pagan ritual.

There's no way the original audience would miss that. What is it doing there?

It's there to give all those Dionysus-Bacchus worshippers an excuse to come right on in.

• Haha 2

lightly

Pardon this off topic Q?    ..how does anyone explain ,at that time and place, the names Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, and Ringo?    Oops, not Ringo, that was a different group.   

• Haha 1