Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chair moves on its own in 'haunted' Welsh pub

UM-Bot

Great free advertising that's for sure.

The floor board below the left back leg appears to be worn down. After the chair has moved, there may be a thread visible, leading back from near the top of the front left leg; or is that a structure in the floor? The back left leg has a strange protuberance on its back below the seat. Is the left back leg double and may the top of one part have sprung loose, propelling the chair forward?

If you watch the left front leg of the chair, you'll see that it comes down to the floor as it moves forward. This leads me to believe the right front leg (which you cant see) is sitting on the edge of something and that a vibration has caused the chair leg to slip off it and the weight of the chair plus the pull of gravity has finally let the unseen chair leg come off its perch.

Just a thought,

Sojo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ernest Yeap said:

That could be done with a fishing line

For a long time I have suspected that more fishing line gets bought for doing this sort of thing than actual fishing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting.  Wish I had been there to witness that and verify a string or not.

• Like 1

Why is the camera swaying?  Seems a monitor cam would be hard mounted.  This one sways and alters frame/zoom.

Working in the film industry for a couple decades now, these 'it moved by itself' videos are all highly suspect.

Lockdown was hard on pubs.  I hope business improves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sojo said:

If you watch the left front leg of the chair, you'll see that it comes down to the floor as it moves forward. This leads me to believe the right front leg (which you cant see) is sitting on the edge of something and that a vibration has caused the chair leg to slip off it and the weight of the chair plus the pull of gravity has finally let the unseen chair leg come off its perch.

Just a thought,

Sojo

This is exactly what I was going to say. Front chair leg is up on table leg, and slides off from vibrations. The back leg barely moves at all, it's just a pivot. Obvious when you look at all parts of the chair.

Mystery solved, no ghosts or strings involved.

Edited by moonman

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Why is the camera swaying?  Seems a monitor cam would be hard mounted.  This one sways and alters frame/zoom.

Working in the film industry for a couple decades now, these 'it moved by itself' videos are all highly suspect.

Lockdown was hard on pubs.  I hope business improves.

That was my question... what kind of CCTV setup (for a pub, yet) keeps moving around as it focuses on individuals and frames them neatly, takes very clear film at a standard rate (or so it looks like) and Just Happens To Focus On The Ghost Spot at the Right Time?

I'm calling hi-jinks.

The camera is swaying because someone filmed a tv monitor, its not the direct footage.

To me, it doesn't move but drops at the front. The front leg moves a lot more in a dropping motion than the back leg and so it must have been tilted back a few degrees and so the perspective shows the back and front move a lot, but the axis on the back leg shows it barely moves at all.

I have a theory that someone is with her (looking at the table items), and went off somewhere, pushing their chair back in. But in doing so, the front leg caught on an object such as a piece of cutlery or debris or even the woman shoe and it dropped after a while.

• Like 1

The table leg clearly has a stacked design with a platform part on bottom - the visible front chair leg looks like it is sitting up on the lower platform of the table leg, then it falls off. You can't see it sitting on the platform part as the next layer of the table leg is blocking the view.

Edited by moonman

8 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Someone is sitting at the bar, drinking a beer. and pulls a chair with a tied thread. :)

I'm thinking her foot. 

This is probably a hoax, but I have seen stuff like that actually happen.