Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

State Department voices concerns over all-male Taliban government

OverSword

Taliban paint over Western murals in Kabul with 'victory' messages

The Taliban are replacing various murals around Kabul that depict United States-related and other Western events with victory messages of their own, according to multiple reports.

Images published in recent days show the murals, including one memorializing the U.S.-Taliban peace agreement, being painted over with various slogans touting the Taliban's Aug. 15 takeover of the country.

A mural depicting Special Envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar shaking hands after signing the peace deal ensuring a U.S. troop withdrawal was replaced with a quote calling the Taliban the "true defenders" of Afghanistan, according to the Guardian. Khalilzad represented the U.S. during the recent reconciliation effort in Afghanistan, and Baradar was chosen to be acting deputy prime minister of the Taliban-led government.

cont...

https://news.yahoo.com/taliban-paint-over-western-murals-175600104.html

Statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee comes down in Virginia capital

A crowd erupted in cheers and song Wednesday as workers hoisted one of the nation’s largest Confederate monuments off a pedestal where the figure of Gen. Robert E. Lee towered over Virginia’s capital city for more than a century.

The statue was lowered to the ground just before 9 a.m., after a construction worker who strapped harnesses around Lee and his horse lifted his arms in the air and counted, “Three, two, one!” to jubilant shouts from hundreds of people. A work crew then began cutting it into pieces.

“Any remnant like this that glorifies the lost cause of the Civil War, it needs to come down,” said Gov. Ralph Northam, who called it “hopefully a new day, a new era in Virginia.” The Democrat said the statue represented “more than 400 years of history that we should not be proud of.”

Sharon Jennings, an African American woman born and raised in Richmond, said she had mixed feelings seeing it go.

cont...

https://apnews.com/article/robert-e-lee-statue-virginia-removed-92955a351d9fda6319f379ddc28df8a0

Same ol', same ol'...

Any women they had on board would just be tokens to meet a quota anyway.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Link

I too was very surprised.  No women in the Taliban government???  How is this possible in a modern bronze aged culture?  Just...wow. :mellow:

And no members of the lgbt community involved either....just a thought,when the taliban said they were going to be tolerant....maybe they were fibbing.

Ohh how they fooled me,i really thought they could change their ways....(sarcasm).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I agree with the Taliban on this one. How can a woman be allowed to be in a position of power in the new Afghan government?

You need a clear vision of the steps ahead, an overview of issues on the margins, and an appreciation of the bigger picture.  None of which is possible with a letterbox view from inside a burka.

:innocent:

Edited by acute

How can there be enough places for Women when there are limited places for terrorists.

Welcome to the Middle Ages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No women in in the new Taliban government....well I'm shocked. And not only that but they've painted over a George Floyd mural :o

https://cms.thepostmillennial.com/taliban-paint-over-george-floyd-mural-in-kabul/

I think we should send over a task force of Antifa & BLM 'activists' to sort 'em out. I'd pay good money to see that.

• Like 3

That's okay as the Taliban have found better qualified candidates for positions of power in their new government.

Say this with me....."Thanks Obama".

Four of 'Taliban Five' Gitmo Detainees Released by Obama Hold Senior Taliban Positions

The New York Post reports the terrorist’s new positions: “Acting Director of Intelligence Abdul Haq Wasiq, Acting Minister of Borders and Tribal Affairs Norullah Noori, Deputy Defense Minister Mohammad Fazl, and Acting Minister of Information and Culture Khairullah Khairkhah. The fifth member of the Taliban Five, Mohammad Nabi Omari, was appointed governor of eastern Khost province last month.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

That's okay as the Taliban have found better qualified candidates for positions of power in their new government.

Say this with me....."Thanks Obama".

Four of 'Taliban Five' Gitmo Detainees Released by Obama Hold Senior Taliban Positions

Yup.....there's a storm coming.

• Like 1

Oh man... What did the State Department think was going to happen? A equitable, tolerant, and inclusive sharing of power?

These guys are 15th century.

C'Mon Man!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

No women in in the new Taliban government....well I'm shocked. And not only that but they've painted over a George Floyd mural :o

That alone deserves a MOAB. Right? In the name of social justice? :w00t:

Edited by DieChecker

10 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

How can there be enough places for Women when there are limited places for terrorists.

Afghanistan: Women protest against all-male Taliban government

"Another incoming minister, Sirajuddin Haqqani, is head of the notorious Haqqani network.

The Haqqani network has been designated a Foreign Terrorist Organisation (FTO) by the US. It also maintains close ties to al-Qaeda.

The FBI says Haqqani was behind some of the deadliest attacks of the 20-year-long war, including a truck bomb explosion in Kabul in 2017 that killed more than 150 people.

He is wanted by the FBI over a 2008 attack on a hotel that killed an American."

I'm sure idiot biden is shocked by this.   He thought they would run a fair election with male and female candidates.   Biden would never keep girls out of his circle.  

image.png.5d1e13f1b127e3dd893f583f661fc976.png