Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Activists Throw Eggs at Larry Elder in Los Angeles

el midgetron

An unruly activist nearly egged Republican gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder in Los Angeles on Wednesday while his security team fended off a pack of aggressive far-left protesters.

In a video posted online, Larry Elder and members of his campaign are seen walking through a neighborhood in Venice as an activist barely misses Elder after chucking an egg at him from behind.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/08/watch-angry-activists-throw-eggs-at-larry-elder-in-los-angeles/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Countdown to “Thread Locked For Moderator Review”…….

I posted this is good faith. I don’t think it contains the kind of racially charged language that the rhetoric of the political left has embraced and which also crosses the line of UM’s content standards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Riding a bicycle with a purple gorilla mask isn't the choice I would of went went. But then again I'm not throwing eggs at politicians.

• Like 4

What is wrong with these people? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The article in the op just says he was “walking through a neighborhood in Venice” but other sources like this news segment says he was touring a homeless encampment. Larry Elder’s response in the news clip confirms he was at a homeless encampment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Michelle said:

They don't trust anything politicians say and they are sick of it.  No single group has a lock on being fed up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

They don't trust anything politicians say and they are sick of it.  No single group has a lock on being fed up.

Most of us don't resort to violence though. I saw longer clip where she was screaming and hitting people. These people going around assaulting people, some severely, usually don't even spend one night in jail. 

• Like 6

The draw to power is dominated by the least scrupulous and most sociopathic.

Those who lack morals and integrity will stop at nothing to achieve and maintain power... while those with a code live within certain limits and thus, even if they manage to achieve some power, will not maintain it as those willing to do anything will eventually squeeze out those unwilling to do whatever...

We end up with the channels of power populated nigh on entirely by the most ruthless and least honorable.

And as George Carlin said (paraphrase) "This is what America has to offer.  Politicians are us.  They come from our families, our schools and our culture.  They don't get teleported in from some alien dimension.  If they suck, so do we."

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 5

This isn't the first example of political egg throwing in recent times. In Canada, a politician was egged (Maxine Bernier) just a week or so back. And back in 2019 Fraser Anning in Australia was egged. I'm not sure what the fallout was in Canada or the States, but in Australia I was shocked by the number of people who supported political violence simply because they disagreed politically with the politician. I had an argument with my brother (who is pretty much hard on the opposite side of the political aisle to me) quite heatedly over what constitutes appropriate forms of political expression, he thinks the objectionable nature of Anning's stated political views are reason enough to warrant physical violence, though he refused to say where a line should be drawn for what constitutes acceptable political violence.  

I fit into the side of the debate that says there is no good reason for political violence, under any circumstances, ever. I don't think I can understand that mentality that says "it's ok to physically attack those we disagree with because the physical attack is minor". To me that is an invitation for escalation!

That said, I watched the video and thought the protester's (lack of) aim was hilarious. I honestly thought the punch she tried to swing at that guy was "worse" than the egg, especially as the egg missed. The swing after the egg throw is also political violence, just because she aimed the punch at someone less well known than Larry Elder doesn't make it less of a crime.  However, it would also be far less newsworthy due to Larry Elder's popularity. 

~ Regards, PA

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

These people going around assaulting people, some severely, usually don't even spend one night in jail. 

That seems wrong.  There should always be a price for assault and throwing eggs is an assault.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

This isn't the first example of political egg throwing in recent times. In Canada, a politician was egged (Maxine Bernier) just a week or so back. And back in 2019 Fraser Anning in Australia was egged. I'm not sure what the fallout was in Canada or the States, but in Australia I was shocked by the number of people who supported political violence simply because they disagreed politically with the politician. I had an argument with my brother (who is pretty much hard on the opposite side of the political aisle to me) quite heatedly over what constitutes appropriate forms of political expression, he thinks the objectionable nature of Anning's stated political views are reason enough to warrant physical violence, though he refused to say where a line should be drawn for what constitutes acceptable political violence.  

I fit into the side of the debate that says there is no good reason for political violence, under any circumstances, ever. I don't think I can understand that mentality that says "it's ok to physically attack those we disagree with because the physical attack is minor". To me that is an invitation for escalation!

That said, I watched the video and thought the protester's (lack of) aim was hilarious. I honestly thought the punch she tried to swing at that guy was "worse" than the egg, especially as the egg missed. The swing after the egg throw is also political violence, just because she aimed the punch at someone less well known than Larry Elder doesn't make it less of a crime.  However, it would also be far less newsworthy due to Larry Elder's popularity. 

~ Regards, PA

An egg was too far for Anning, but a bucket of water over his head might have been an appropriate response to his bilious personality. 
Save your eggs for cars, or eating. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, quiXilver said:

The draw to power is dominated by the least scrupulous and most sociopathic.

Those who lack morals and integrity will stop at nothing to achieve and maintain power... while those with a code live within certain limits and thus, even if they manage to achieve some power, will not maintain it as those willing to do anything will eventually squeeze out those unwilling to do whatever...

We end up with the channels of power populated nigh on entirely by the most ruthless and least honorable.

And as George Carlin said (paraphrase) "This is what America has to offer.  Politicians are us.  They come from our families, our schools and our culture.  They don't get teleported in from some alien dimension.  If they suck, so do we."

Wow...so much self loathing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think this is called "Mostly Peaceful" now. At least if it's Leftists doing the activities, like egg throwing...

Asssult should be assault. If I threw a rotten peach at Biden, it would be six months in lockup.

• Like 4

A few years back the trend in those circles was “milkshaking”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkshaking

8 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I don't think I can understand that mentality that says "it's ok to physically attack those we disagree with because the physical attack is minor". To me that is an invitation for escalation!

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Riding a bicycle with a purple gorilla mask isn't the choice I would of went went. But then again I'm not throwing eggs at politicians.

We all should be.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

Violence is what the left does best.   No surprise here.

Indeed. The honest title to this thread should be :- White liberal in gorilla mask throws an egg at Larry Elder as he campaigns for the California recall.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Michelle said:

What is wrong with Proud Boys?  What is wrong with people who want to overthrow the US govt?  There are a lot of loose nuts out there on all sides.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Myles said:

Violence is what the left does best.   No surprise here.

Charlottsville.  January 6.

They certainly don't have a monopoly.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

What is wrong with Proud Boys?  What is wrong with people who want to overthrow the US govt?  There are a lot of loose nuts out there on all sides.

Doug

Are you still under the impression that the Proud Boys are racist?

Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio poses for ‘burning Capitol’ pics before surrendering to DC jail

https://nypost.com/2021/09/07/proud-boys-enrique-tarrio-takes-burning-capitol-pics-before-jail/

The woman in the gorilla mask throwing eggs at a black man should be charged with a hate crime.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Are you still under the impression that the Proud Boys are racist?

They are violent.  And that flag-burning incident suggests they are racist, or at least, Tarrio is.  Destroying a BLM flag certainly appears to be racially motivated.  Tarrio is exactly where he belongs.

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The woman in the gorilla mask throwing eggs at a black man should be charged with a hate crime.

Are you trying to say that her behavior somehow excuses his?  Or vice versa?

An act may be racially motivated, or just motivated by dislike.  Motive is crucial.  What was her motive?  Her actions would carry more weight without a mask.

I don't know what was said just prior to the egg-throwing incident.  Could it be considered hate speech?

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

They are violent.  And that flag-burning incident suggests they are racist, or at least, Tarrio is.  Destroying a BLM flag certainly appears to be racially motivated.  Tarrio is exactly where he belongs.

It's not racist to burn a violent organization's flag. Tarrio is fighting the actual fascists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Were they organic?

The eggs or the protesters? :unsure2:

• Haha 4