Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Activists Throw Eggs at Larry Elder in Los Angeles


el midgetron
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Are you trying to say that her behavior somehow excuses his?  Or vice versa?

An act may be racially motivated, or just motivated by dislike.  Motive is crucial.  What was her motive?  Her actions would carry more weight without a mask.

I'm saying she is a cowardly racist.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's not racist to burn a violent organization's flag. Tarrio is fighting the actual fascists.

If he is fighting Antifa, I would agree.  But BLM is definitely a pro-black organization.  That makes his attack racist.  And his violence is not excused by the claim that he's fighting fascists, whether it's true or not.  And I have my doubts.

Doug

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm saying she is a cowardly racist.

Cowardly I can't argue with.  She is hiding behind a mask.  She would carry more authority without the mask.

Whether racist or not, I can't tell.  Not enough information is given.

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Whether racist or not, I can't tell.  Not enough information is given.

Replace Larry Elder with Obama and you would be sure.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the guy got egged, big whoop. The guy was moderately inconvenienced on TV. The horror...the horror...

On the plus side, if someone whips some cheese and bacon at the guy, you've got a solid breakfast scramble there. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Replace Larry Elder with Obama and you would be sure.

Humor me.  Where did you get the information that her attack was racially motivated?

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Michelle said:

What is wrong with these people? 

They have unresolved anger issues. Probably stems from their upbringing. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Humor me.  Where did you get the information that her attack was racially motivated?

I also assume she's a Democrat. They call him an Uncle Tom and the black face of white supremacy. If you have any more questions google it. It's a beautiful day outside and I'm not going to sit here all day to prove something that is so prevalent within the Democratic party.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

If he is fighting Antifa, I would agree.  But BLM is definitely a pro-black organization.  That makes his attack racist.  And his violence is not excused by the claim that he's fighting fascists, whether it's true or not.  And I have my doubts.

Doug

 

Doug, when a black man burns a BLM flag that makes him racist against himself? It appears to be what you are saying

But then you seem to acknowledge that "antifa" are using fascist tactics despite being self described anti fascists.

What makes you distrust antifa but not distrust BLM?

 

 

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doug1066 said:

But BLM is definitely a pro-black organization.

And also a socialist organization.  If I'm against socialism am I a racist?  No.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Doug, when a black man burns a BLM flag that makes him racist against himself? It appears to be what you are saying

But then you seem to acknowledge that "antifa" are using fascist tactics despite being self described anti fascists.

What makes you distrust antifa but not distrust BLM?

Tarrio may be part black, but you can't tell from the pix (or that article).  The name is of Spanish origin; an African background is not indicated.

Antifa is violent by its own admission.  Its purpose is to defend protestors against right wing thugs, but its lack of command structure means it can't control the behavior of its members,  So, sometimes its members start fights instead of protecting the folks it is supposed to be protecting.

The right has put out so many out-right lies that I don't trust it to get anything right.  That is especially true when they talk of BLM.  Last summer BLM demonstrators were attacked by people wearing uniforms stripped of all insignia.  There was speculation that it was Border Patrol.  We know now it wasn't.  It was right-wing militias who came to BLM demonstrations for the purpose of starting fights to produce bad press.  So when I hear how violent BLM is, I want some really solid evidence before I believe it.

I have been to demonstrations then read about them in the newspapers.  The story in the press didn't come close to matching my experience.  I think reporters are afraid to get right into the crowd and actually talk to people, so they make up something to publish.  I have seen "protests" staged for the cameras.  Police are famous for their plants - people who start fights so the police can make arrests - I very much doubt the stories that are being circulated, especially by the right wing.  Who they are is talking louder than what they say.  I am going to expect some really good evidence and newspapers aren't it.

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WVK said:

They have unresolved anger issues. Probably stems from their priviledged upbringing. 

Fixed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

And also a socialist organization.  If I'm against socialism am I a racist?  No.

So what is so bad about socialism?

Doug

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

Tarrio may be part black, but you can't tell from the pix (or that article).  The name is of Spanish origin; an African background is not indicated.

He's of Cuban descent I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

 

The right has put out so many out-right lies that I don't trust it to get anything right.  That is especially true when they talk of BLM.  Last summ

er BLM demonstrators were attacked by people wearing uniforms stripped of all insignia.  There was speculation that it was Border Patrol.  We know now it wasn't.  It was right-wing militias who came to BLM demonstrations for the purpose of starting fights to produce bad press.  So when I hear how violent BLM is, I want some really solid evidence before I believe it.

 

Do you forget the violence, looting and destruction done by and supported by BLM?   They are a violent racist group.  Not all but many. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

He's of Cuban descent I believe.

That fits with the Spanish origin of the name.

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Myles said:

Do you forget the violence, looting and destruction done by and supported by BLM?   They are a violent racist group.  Not all but many. 

You have posted some right-wing speculation, but I want evidence, not conspiracy theories.

Doug

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

So what is so bad about socialism?

Doug

That's not the point.  You assume a black man who is proud to be an American and loves it's capitalist system must be a racist for burning the flag of a socialist institution?  The point is that there is more than one meaning to the BLM flag and for you to assume a black person is a racist against his own race because he disagrees with a political philosophy is pretty...you know.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

That fits with the Spanish origin of the name.

Doug

 

And his skin color fits with being of African descent as many Cubans are.  Totally irrelevant though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's an interesting article on violence in America:

https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/media/2017/january/police-violence-data

This will tell you where the conspiracy theories are coming from.  This is from the AP wire, so you should be a little skeptical.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-capitol-siege-race-and-ethnicity-violence-racial-injustice-afd7dc2165f355a3e6dc4e9418019eb5

Here's more on the efforts of the right wing to misrepresent BLM:

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/25/999841030/black-lives-matter-fights-disinformation-to-keep-the-movement-strong

Here's one on BLM protests:

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

Maybe we all should read something other than the political crap we post on here daily.

Doug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Here's an interesting article on violence in America:

https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/media/2017/january/police-violence-data

This will tell you where the conspiracy theories are coming from.  This is from the AP wire, so you should be a little skeptical.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-capitol-siege-race-and-ethnicity-violence-racial-injustice-afd7dc2165f355a3e6dc4e9418019eb5

Here's more on the efforts of the right wing to misrepresent BLM:

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/25/999841030/black-lives-matter-fights-disinformation-to-keep-the-movement-strong

Here's one on BLM protests:

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

Maybe we all should read something other than the political crap we post on here daily.

Doug

Those number mean something, but not everything.  Example.  On the light rail system here there were uniformed people that would get on the train randomly and check cards to make sure that fares had been paid, if they were not you would get fined.  Many times I laughed out loud as these fare checkers get on the train and many members of a certain race ran like mad for the exits so they would not have to be checked.  After reviewing statistics for who was getting tickets for violating fares, it was shown that members of that certain race were getting 80% of the tickets.  It was decided that the people checking the fares were racist and now they don't check to ensure fares are being paid.  The point is numbers tell part of a story but now all of a story.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WVK said:

for a start

Milton Friedman - Socialism is Force
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYeYPcougmA

 

youtube?  That's an even worse source than newspapers.  Anybody can post on it, whether true or not.

Socialism is worker ownership of capital.  We have a number of employee businesses in this town, including Davey Tree Experts and Homeland Foods, that have employee ownership.  There are over a hundred US companies that are employee-owned.  That's socialism.

US labor decided against socialism at the Chicago Convention in 1905.  They supported private ownership of capital; hence, our current system.

Nothing proposed yet by Bernie Sanders or AOC would change the economic system of the US.  Programs that benefit people and/or laborers are not automatically socialism.  We can have single-payer health insurance; we can feed all our children; we can provide everybody with a place to live without becoming socialists.  Do a decent job of providing basic services and socialism will have no attraction.

Personally, I would choose for the US to remain capitalist, but a caring and compassionate capitalism.  If capitalism requires children to go to school without breakfast and if capitalism deprives our elderly of a decent home and if capitalism makes our health care the most expensive in the world (It is.), then maybe it's time to think about how to fix out system so we don't have to destroy it.  How much longer we can go on like this is anybody's guess, byt sooner or later, the pitchforks will be coming.

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Those number mean something, but not everything.  Example.  On the light rail system here there were uniformed people that would get on the train randomly and check cards to make sure that fares had been paid, if they were not you would get fined.  Many times I laughed out loud as these fare checkers get on the train and many members of a certain race ran like mad for the exits so they would not have to be checked.  After reviewing statistics for who was getting tickets for violating fares, it was shown that members of that certain race were getting 80% of the tickets.  It was decided that the people checking the fares were racist and now they don't check to ensure fares are being paid.  The point is numbers tell part of a story but now all of a story.

And that's why you need good data, as the first article said.

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

youtube?  That's an even worse source than newspapers.  Anybody can post on it, whether true or not.

 

Milton Friedman is a Nobel award winning economist and was a bit smarter and more knowledgeable than most of us. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.