Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meanwhile, during the Canadian election

Likely Guy

I thought pumpkin seeds were the weapon of choice against Trudeau, not gravel.

That aside, it's worrisome that anti-vaccine activists here are becoming increasingly violent.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I thought pumpkin seeds were the weapon of choice against Trudeau, not gravel.

That aside, it's worrisome that anti-vaccine activists here are becoming increasingly violent.

Our version of the altright  and Canadian Trumpists are Bernier's PPC. Fortunately they only control about five per cent of the vote.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Our version of the altright  and Canadian Trumpists are Bernier's PPC. Fortunately they only control about five per cent of the vote.

I took a quick look at the PPC candidates here in Ontario. Mostly individuals with a troubled past, drugs and xenophobia.

At this point, although leaning towards libs a bit, I like what I hear from Erin O'Tool. Maybe a minority conservative lead would be the best option right now.

• Like 2

Another term of Fidel Trudeau would be a disaster for Canada who has been handing out tax dollars like candy.

Federal minister  Maryam Monsef referred to the Taliban as Brothers if that ain’t a red flag then I don’t know what is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, odas said:

I took a quick look at the PPC candidates here in Ontario. Mostly individuals with a troubled past, drugs and xenophobia.

Trudeau has sexual abuse allegations (shh!) and his brother was convicted of pedophilia. What's your point? Look at the policies and--

7 hours ago, odas said:

At this point, although leaning towards libs a bit, I like what I hear from Erin O'Tool. 

Never mind. You don't value freedom, bodily autonomy or economic stability. The national debt was $50 billion under Harper, the last Conservative PM. It's now 4x that amount. Like Biden, Trudeau is burning out our printing presses creating "free" money. Both the Cons and Libs are pushing the same agenda, hence why the PPC has already overtaken the other minority parties in popularity. They are polling so high now, the Government funded CBC has taken down several election predictions over night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

You can reliably predict nearly every reaction on UM forums based on mainstream headlines alone. It never fails. Have you got your boosters yet? Flu season is coming - better get on it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/federal-election-2021/jagmeet-singh-seen-as-most-competent-and-trustworthy-leader-by-vote-compass-users/ar-AAOfFnx?ocid=hplocalnews&li=AAggNb9

This article may well show he's trustworthy and competent and all. But as the article also says, it is not lifting his party in support.

The policies he has put forward, universal dental care, no post secondary tuition, fantastic!! And unrealistic. Trudeau is spending the country away, but I can't see how the NDP would ever be able to pay for his platform.

This will be another election I am sitting out. They are all crooks, they don't follow through on promises, and they all give the money and contracts to friends and supporters. I am so tired of all them.

• Like 3

I predict a minority conservative government.

God help us if Bernier's CPP gets any seats though...

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I predict a minority conservative government.

God help us if Bernier's CPP gets any seats though...

I think you may be right. Minority either way. Not a fan of Otoole, but tired of Trudeau,. And within two years again we'll be back at the polls. I think the Green party might actually be wiped out.

• Like 1

Considering the number of ethics violations committed by Justin Trudeau (two strikes, plus somehow they decided the WE Charity scandal wasn't an ethics violation) I'd almost be willing to give the PPC a go, they can't do any worse than the current administration. Plus I've been hearing that the mainstream media tends to misrepresent what the PPC actually stands for in order to make them appear worse than they really are. 

In saying that, I don't live in Canada, so I don't really have a say in the election over there. 

15 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trudeau has sexual abuse allegations (shh!) and his brother was convicted of pedophilia. What's your point? Look at the policies and--

Never mind. You don't value freedom, bodily autonomy or economic stability. The national debt was $50 billion under Harper, the last Conservative PM. It's now 4x that amount. Like Biden, Trudeau is burning out our printing presses creating "free" money. Both the Cons and Libs are pushing the same agenda, hence why the PPC has already overtaken the other minority parties in popularity. They are polling so high now, the Government funded CBC has taken down several election predictions over night.

What is the PPC's platform? What concrete actions, plans, do they have in play except whining about masks ans vaccines?

Yes, I voted for Harper twice, I voted for Trudeau. Remember 2009? When people in USA and arround the world were left without homes, jobs...Harper kept us safe.

Look at covid. While people arround the world are beging for vaccines Trudeau got us more than we need. You complain about money but how many lives did our government save during this pandemic? How many kids were fed even though parents were out of a job?

5% according to some polls is what PPC will get. It will be less at the end. 

Edited by odas
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Considering the number of ethics violations committed by Justin Trudeau (two strikes, plus somehow they decided the WE Charity scandal wasn't an ethics violation) I'd almost be willing to give the PPC a go, they can't do any worse than the current administration. Plus I've been hearing that the mainstream media tends to misrepresent what the PPC actually stands for in order to make them appear worse than they really are. 

In saying that, I don't live in Canada, so I don't really have a say in the election over there. 

I'm not sure how the world sees Trudeau, maybe this young attractive dynamic politician or something like that. He has turned into a corporate and liberal shill, and has done little to help this country. One of the biggest promises he made, but didn't do, was reforming the election process to include more proportional representation, and because he failed to make things better as he promised, it may come back to bite him in his ass. 

The PPC has a better leader than before, but it is the same old thing, and they still won't really say whether they will take away the rights for an abortion, and they don't seem very hard on gun contro, and they want to strike the $10 a day, childcare program. . That party used to be called the 'Progressive Conservatives" which I always thought was an oxymoron. 

It's the same old same old every election in Canada. Same boring promises that are never kept, and nothing really changes. 

What was that quote by Ken Brockman on the Simpsons..."I've said it before and I'll say it again. Democracy simply doesn't work." But, it's better than the alternative. I guess.

• Like 1

"

The vaccinated can spread the virus too. 

The only rational, but unrealistic way to prevent its spread would be to deploy rapid testing everywhere instead of a useless #VaccinePassport.

What governments want is to control us, not control the spread of the virus.

———

Of course, rapid tests are themselves flawed and useless. So even that solution would not work.

So what is the solution? What I’ve been saying for over a year: Protect the most vulnerable and let the rest of the population live normal lives while taking basic precautions. 

Maxime Bernier

Edited by acidhead

18 hours ago, acidhead said:

The vaccinated can spread the virus too

Hi Acidhead

Of course and that is well known which is why people should get vaccinated as it reduces the chances of suffering the effects of the virus. I still wear masks indoors and use sanitizer even though I have had both shots and will take the third one when my group is eligible and will get my flu shot likely in November just like I did last year. I still see many vaccinated people doing the same thing.

• Like 3

On 9/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, jeceris said:

I'm not sure how the world sees Trudeau,

Most think he's the creator of Doonesbury........ 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Acidhead

Of course and that is well known which is why people should get vaccinated as it reduces the chances of suffering the effects of the virus. I still wear masks indoors and use sanitizer even though I have had both shots and will take the third one when my group is eligible and will get my flu shot likely in November just like I did last year. I still see many vaccinated people doing the same thing.

Same here. Both shots and wearing a mask. I will also get the third thinking well they tried to kill me once, twice, give them another opportunity.

Also, just thinking outloud, PPC. PEOPLE'S PARTY. Where did I hear it before? 

People's Part of China

People's Party of NK

People's Party of Soviet Union.... all People's Parties with the outmost respect for the will, freedomes and safety of the people.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, acidhead said:

Protect the most vulnerable and let the rest of the population live normal lives while taking basic precautions. 

Maxime Bernier

You protect the most vulnerable by getting the shots.

Bernier is an idiotstick.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

You protect the most vulnerable by getting the shots.

Bernier is an idiotstick.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person

If you believe polls, and not the people that live in Poland. Although, I'm not sure I trust them either.

According to CBC's Poll Tracker, the Liberals have moved ahead of the Conservatives in national support for the first time in more than two weeks, but only by a marginal amount.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/otoole-pitches-election-as-a-referendum-on-trudeau-liberal-leader-targets-conservatives-on-vaccines/ar-AAOoSk4?ocid=hplocalnews&li=AAggNb9

Edited by jeceris
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Most think he's the creator of Doonesbury........ 

Very good!! If only he were that witty, and clever, and smart and every other positive aspect a level headed individual has.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It will be another minority. It will be funny that the Lib's get it and don't get their mandate while the seats in the house remain about the same.

I'm still not sure if I'll vote for the leader, or the local candidate.

• Like 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

It will be another minority. It will be funny that the Lib's get it and don't get their mandate while the seats in the house remain about the same.

I'm still not sure if I'll vote for the leader, or the local candidate.

I grew up in a community that voted liberal for feds and NDP(nickle and dime pimps) for provincial

• Like 1