Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meanwhile, during the Canadian election


Likely Guy
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2021 at 9:42 PM, Likely Guy said:

 

At least Trudeau didnt start to cry... what a damn puppet tool. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 11:25 PM, jeceris said:

I think you may be right. Minority either way. Not a fan of Otoole, but tired of Trudeau,. And within two years again we'll be back at the polls. I think the Green party might actually be wiped out.

At least Otoole will not throw another election in two months if he get a minority.. Trudeau will probably.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still haven't forgiven Trudeau for being such an embarrassment whilst on that trip to India way back when, but (grudgingly) voted for him anyway.  I predict the Liberals will win the most seats, but will not get a majority.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted NDP because the local candidate seemed the most intelligent and articulate, but the riding will go Conservative as it always has.

Polls close in just over two hours.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I still haven't forgiven Trudeau for being such an embarrassment whilst on that trip to India way back when, but (grudgingly) voted for him anyway.  I predict the Liberals will win the most seats, but will not get a majority.

Sadly... The Liberal team are incredible liars. Well most politicians are but they are the worse of the bunch on that point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Sadly... The Liberal team are incredible liars. Well most politicians are but they are the worse of the bunch on that point.

Coincidentally you posted that as I was reading a Toronto Star article fact-checking claims made in just a week:

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau made 5 false claims

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole made 7 false claims (and one big dodge)

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh made 5 false claims (and a lot of stretches)

Green Leader Annamie Paul made 4 false claims

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal-election/2021/09/14/we-fact-checked-the-federal-party-leaders-campaign-claims-just-how-honest-were-they-heres-what-we-found.html

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Coincidentally you posted that as I was reading a Toronto Star article fact-checking claims made in just a week:

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau made 5 false claims

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole made 7 false claims (and one big dodge)

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh made 5 false claims (and a lot of stretches)

Green Leader Annamie Paul made 4 false claims

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal-election/2021/09/14/we-fact-checked-the-federal-party-leaders-campaign-claims-just-how-honest-were-they-heres-what-we-found.html

Trump could eat them up and spit them out in one 20 minute interview! :lol:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Trump could eat them up and spit them out in one 20 minute interview! :lol:

Funny you should mention Trump. I was just wondering how Pierre Trudeau would have handled him. He would have been contemptuous of him for sure, but probably would have handled him like he handled Nixon: push back and/or placate. Or maybe not. My guess is he would have eventually totally lost it with him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Early Atlantic Canada results:

With about 300,000 ballots counted so far, the Liberals have 43 per cent of the ballots cast, the Conservatives have about 34 per cent and the NDP has nearly 17 per cent of the vote share. The Green Party has captured two per cent of the ballots cast so far, while the People's Party of Canada (PPC) has more than four per cent of all votes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-general-election-results-2021-1.6182364

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Funny you should mention Trump. I was just wondering how Pierre Trudeau would have handled him. He would have been contemptuous of him for sure, but probably would have handled him like he handled Nixon: push back and/or placate. Or maybe not. My guess is he would have eventually totally lost it with him.

It would have been a better show than LBJ grabbing Lester Pearson by the lapels and saying, " Don't you come into my living room and p*** on my rug!"

https://vancouversun.com/news/this-day-in-history-april-3-1965

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And more awkward moments between US Presidents and Canadian Prime Ministers:

https://www.cbc.ca/archives/from-the-1960s-to-today-awkward-moments-between-canadian-u-s-leaders-1.5385414

If you have time, watch the Dammit, Pierre! video from the article. Trudeau comes right out and calls the Americans liars.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1653544515646

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Election called, Liberals win. (Probable minority)

Edit: Same, same, same.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Election called, Liberals win. (Probable minority)

Edit: Same, same, same.

Just saw that. I did predict a liberal minority earlier today, but there is still a possibility it could be a majority. Oh I hope not.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jeceris said:

Just saw that. I did predict a liberal minority earlier today, but there is still a possibility it could be a majority. Oh I hope not.

No, I doubt a majority.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

No, I doubt a majority.

Likely not, but still down to the votes here in BC

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good news is, is that Bernier (PPC) lost again. :)

No seat in parliament.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like the Greens aren't quite gone, but the leader likely won't get her seat. I t looks to me like less of the green vote and that vote went to the liberals. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

The good news is, is that Bernier (PPC) lost again. :)

No seat in parliament.

That is good. I think the conservatives lost some votes to the PPC, more than they did last time, and that screwed them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

The good news is, is that Bernier (PPC) lost again. :)

Bernier is a jerk and the last person we need during a pandemic.

And Trudeau was a jerk to prompt an election during the pandemic's fourth wave. What was he thinking? Only of himself obviously.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jeceris said:

That is good. I think the conservatives lost some votes to the PPC, more than they did last time, and that screwed them.

Oh for sure they did, and they knew they were going to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jeceris said:

It looks like the Greens aren't quite gone, but the leader likely won't get her seat. I t looks to me like less of the green vote and that vote went to the liberals. 

Paul lost. It's official.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Bernier is a jerk and the last person we need during a pandemic.

And Trudeau was a jerk to prompt an election during the pandemic's fourth wave. What was he thinking? Only of himself obviously.

 

Oh man, totally!! Trudeau is a true jerk to attempt this now. And he said he wouldn't, and it was a selfish move.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a total waste of time this election was. It is really looking EXACTLY like it did when they broke for the campaign. All that money, all the crap, and risking increased infection rates at polling stations and it really hasn't changed, with any party.

As Kent Brockman said on the Simpsons once before, "I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Democracy, simply doesn't work."

Waste of time. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.