Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden tells Trump appointees to quit

itsnotoutthere

Donald Trump’s former press secretary Sean Spicer and senior adviser Kellyanne Conway are among 11 ex-White House officials told to resign from military service academy advisory boards or be terminated. Current White House press secretary Jen Psaki confirmed the request had been made, maintaining that the move was about qualifications and not politics.

Mr Spicer and Ms Conway were appointed to the advisory boards of the Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. Other Trump-era appointees to receive the notice included former national security adviser HR McMaster, on the board of West Point, and former director of the Office of Management and Budget, Russell Vought, according to CNN, which was the first to report the request.

Mr Vought tweeted the letter sent on Wednesday, adding: “No. It’s a three-year term.”

Ms Conway also refused to voluntarily step away from the post, saying it was a break from presidential norms that was “petty and political, if not personal”.

“Your decision is disappointing but understandable given the need to distract from a news cycle that has you mired in multiple self-inflicted crises and plummeting poll numbers,” Ms Conway said.

“These bodies have been free from politics and worked in a bi-partisan way until today, this administration made them political,” Mr Spicer said.

“Not one Obama appointee on these boards was removed when Trump came in. Not a single one. This move has taken partisanship to a new level.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/biden-tells-trump-appointees-including-kellyanne-conway-and-sean-spicer-to-quit-military-boards-or-be-fired/ar-AAOeEbk?ocid=uxbndlbing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It doesn’t look good, does it? I’m sure certain people will be along to shout at us how good it is, because treason etc and who knows…. They might be right…. But it doesn’t look good.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It doesn’t look good, does it? I’m sure certain people will be along to shout at us how good it is, because treason etc and who knows…. They might be right…. But it doesn’t look good.

Nothing they do looks good.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Donald Trump’s former press secretary Sean Spicer and senior adviser Kellyanne Conway are among 11 ex-White House officials told to resign from military service academy advisory boards or be terminated. Current White House press secretary Jen Psaki confirmed the request had been made, maintaining that the move was about qualifications and not politics.

Both sociopaths and narcissists always want total control.

Whereas the USA instead was designed to have a balance of powers.

The USA appears to be in the process of devolving into a primitive society. I blame it on their practice of circumcision.

Edited by Ell
grammar correction
  • Haha 5

I think this falls under "To the Victor goes the spoils".

GOP president is going to do the same in 2025, so I'm not going to get riled about it now.

• Like 4

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sean-spicer-says-he-s-suing-biden-for-firing-him-from-a-position-trump-gave-him-at-the-us-naval-academy/ar-AAOfVB3?ocid=Peregrine

Neither of them are in anyway shape or form qualified for anything but kissing ass and sucking ****.........

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think this falls under "To the Victor goes the spoils".

GOP president is going to do the same in 2025, so I'm not going to get riled about it now.

But this sets the precedent for it. 

• Like 4

I thought every president did this kind of thing. It just used to be understood, and people were less whiny about it. Less triggered in the past. Didnt make the news back then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It looks like more bad decision making by Joe. If this issue was left alone it wouldn't cause much trouble for the Whitehouse.

Why pick a fight when you can only come out of it worse off ? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I thought every president did this kind of thing. It just used to be understood, and people were less whiny about it. Less triggered in the past. Didnt make the news back then.

From the original post :-

“These bodies have been free from politics and worked in a bi-partisan way until today, this administration made them political,” Mr Spicer said.

“Not one Obama appointee on these boards was removed when Trump came in. Not a single one. This move has taken partisanship to a new level.”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It looks like more bad decision making by Joe. If this issue was left alone it wouldn't cause much trouble for the Whitehouse.

Why pick a fight when you can only come out of it worse off ? 

Because the guy needs to be in an old peoples home taken care of by trained medical staff.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Because the guy needs to be in an old peoples home taken care of by trained medical staff.

It is looking more and more like that. Even ignoring some previous episodes. 

Every time I see him in action on TV I want to call the paramedics.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Good decision :tu:

• Like 1

Gee why would anybody want to clean house after an incompetent boob colluded his way into the white house...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Gee why would anybody want to clean house after an incompetent boob colluded his way into the white house...

I know right? Biden can't even take an hour long CNN interview or answer more than a few questions at press conferences. And that's with friendly reporters...I can't imagine him facing the actual tough questions.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

From the original post :-

Spicer is hardly an unbiased source.

you have to look a bit further -

were Obama's appointees political or apolitical - did the appointees have expertise in the area?

were Trump's appointees political or apolitical - did the appointees have expertise in the area?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know right? Biden can't even take an hour long CNN interview or answer more than a few questions at press conferences. And that's with friendly reporters...I can't imagine him facing the actual tough questions.

Biden didn't get collusion coordinated leaks helping him out, stop being obtuse, you know who I refer to. 

• Confused 1

For a country who hates dictatorships and Communism, it sure is interesting to see the attitudes of some citizens align with those same ideals

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I think that was with actual cabinet positions, judging by the article these are some kind of atta boy perk positions that in the past incoming administrations didn't mess with.  As long as they understand they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, toast said:

Good decision :tu:

Is it though?  No skin off my nose or any other American that is not serving in the government, but what this does is all but guarantee the shabby treatment of his own former staffers when republicans control the white house.  Probably a very short sighted decision IMO.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is it though?  No skin off my nose or any other American that is not serving in the government, but what this does is all but guarantee the shabby treatment of his own former staffers when republicans control the white house.  Probably a very short sighted decision IMO.

Its like ambassadorships to minor countries, you give those positions to loyal people with no other qualifications.  Maybe Biden has some people to reward too.  We have left behind  the "Geneva Accords" of political practice in the US.  Leaving Trump appointees in place is no guarantee that the next Republican president will do the same for Biden appointees, and maybe he shouldn't.  People with no qualifications  but loyalty for a previous administration are easy to replace, even if they are whiners.

In the words that made Donald Trump a famous  TV personality, "You're Fired!":td:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The first and important thing to do for a manager when taking over a department/company is to look for the people who dont comply with the new direction and to look for the people who caused unrest in the past and to kick them out with immediate effect.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Its like ambassadorships to minor countries, you give those positions to loyal people with no other qualifications.  Maybe Biden has some people to reward too.  We have left behind  the "Geneva Accords" of political practice in the US.  Leaving Trump appointees in place is no guarantee that the next Republican president will do the same for Biden appointees, and maybe he shouldn't.  People with no qualifications  but loyalty for a previous administration are easy to replace, even if they are whiners.

In the words that made Donald Trump a famous  TV personality, "You're Fired!":td:

15 minutes ago, toast said:

The first and important thing to do for a manager when taking over a department/company is to look for the people who dont comply with the new direction and to look for the people who caused unrest in the past and to kick them out with immediate effect.

Well since they stress that this was not done to Obama's appointees and tradition is being broken here, I think it's obvious that these are symbolic positions, much like Hunter Bidens position on the board of the Ukrainian energy company, so kicking people out probably serves as an insult more than anything else since the positions hold no real responsibility or power, and pretty much guarantees that in the future these positions will be weaponized for one party to snub the other.  Very immature but of course what can you expect from a democrat or a republican these days?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

If they're unqualified then I have no problem with this and will have no problem with a repub doing the same thing. From an outsiders perspective it does seem this was a "parting gift" from trump to keep some of his folks with an income with very little work involved but I could be wrong.

At the same time it does reek of political partisanship and that needs to be avoided at all costs right now. We had 4 years of a president dividing the country into "red and blue states" and if we have any chance of lessening that divide then there are some things that the PTB should let slide perhaps. I think we are already too far gone and are bound for a collapse of epic proportions but...only time will tell I guess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

If they're unqualified then I have no problem with this and will have no problem with a repub doing the same thing.

Unqualified to do nothing?  How often do you think an advisory board is consulted in the operations of established and sometimes centuries old institutions?  It's pretty much ceremonial I would say.  Just more pettiness. 

Edited by OverSword