Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gemstones

sanchez710

Has anyone else had life changing experiences with using gemstones? I was given a citrine pocket stone about 3 months ago when I was feeling really depressed. I was overweight, unfit, felt worthless, unhappy and unloved. 

I researched online how to 'charge' the stone using saltwater and sunshine. Once I had gone through the process I carried the stone with me all the time and slept with it in my bed overnight. I started talking to the stone gently and asking it for help. I gave it a name. Things started to turn around for almost straight away. I regained some confidence and self respect. I embarked on a diet and fitness regime. 

I felt happier and soon started losing weight and making new friends. I have also resolved a situation I was in regarding falling for someone who was unsuitable for me and was taking advantage of me. Now 3 months later, I have lost 2 stone (12kg), got fitter by walking everyday and regained my lost libido. I feel happier and I have made friends with a lovely girl at work who I have met for coffee and I think she really likes me. 

Is this all due to the stone or is it psychological? Or a bit of both maybe. 

Thanks for reading and I would enjoy reading about anyone else who has had a similar experience. 

Sanchez 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

I see it as a placebo effect. Which isn't a bad thing really.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

Whichever way you want to believe but I think it's really down to you gaining the willpower and desire to change.  If it helps you to believe that the focus of the stone helped then that's okay but the truth is the stone (ability to change) was within you the entire time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

Has anyone else had life changing experiences with using gemstones? I was given a citrine pocket stone about 3 months ago when I was feeling really depressed. I was overweight, unfit, felt worthless, unhappy and unloved. 

I researched online how to 'charge' the stone using saltwater and sunshine. Once I had gone through the process I carried the stone with me all the time and slept with it in my bed overnight. I started talking to the stone gently and asking it for help. I gave it a name. Things started to turn around for almost straight away. I regained some confidence and self respect. I embarked on a diet and fitness regime. 

I felt happier and soon started losing weight and making new friends. I have also resolved a situation I was in regarding falling for someone who was unsuitable for me and was taking advantage of me. Now 3 months later, I have lost 2 stone (12kg), got fitter by walking everyday and regained my lost libido. I feel happier and I have made friends with a lovely girl at work who I have met for coffee and I think she really likes me. 

Thanks for reading and I would enjoy reading about anyone else who has had a similar experience. 

Sanchez 

I think stones can be grounding, but in this case I think you made a decision mentally and used the stone as your support.  Sometimes all we need is a tool to remind us of our goals and a reason to change our mind about things.  Changing your mind about what you felt is important changed your decisions which changed your life.   You can't give credit to the stone except as a support and or reminder for how you think.  I have a list of things different stones can help with and what you describe with the citrine is usually attributed to rose quartz.  If you like to astral travel hematite is a good focal tool, Onyx is a good tool for self reliance, etc.

It is good to read that you feel better about yourself.   Just carrying the stone around with you did not get you walking those miles that helped you feel better.  Walking is a good way to feel better.  Changing your food habits is hard and you did it, so now you know what ever habit you want to change you are able to change it by changing the way you think.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I use gemstones every day to remind me of my goals for the day. They support my actions by keeping me focussed. :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Who cares how it works, if it works! Right?

So not to jinx your good fortune, I will refrain from explaining it.

Enjoy your life!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I like looking at stones because they're cool to look at.  And looking at cool things is cool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Been a gem and crystal hound all my life. 

Dad took me to an Amethyst mine in South Dakota when I was 8.  1$ a pound.  I ended up with about 4 pounds.  When my Dad passed and I got to his home to work though his estate, he still had one of the stones I mined sitting on his desk in his office.  It's next to my monitor now.

My latest girlfriend stone is Labradorite.  I call it the Thunderstorm Stone due to the deep flashes of light that play off the internal strata.  Looks like blue and green lightning.  My Son usually picks out a good piece for me each Birthday.  He has stunning taste in cuts.

Enjoy your crystal and your renewed vitality!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Been a gem and crystal hound all my life. 

Dad took me to an Amethyst mine in South Dakota when I was 8.  1$ a pound.  I ended up with about 4 pounds.  When my Dad passed and I got to his home to work though his estate, he still had one of the stones I mined sitting on his desk in his office.  It's next to my monitor now.

My latest girlfriend stone is Labradorite.  I call it the Thunderstorm Stone due to the deep flashes of light that play off the internal strata.  Looks like blue and green lightning.  My Son usually picks out a good piece for me each Birthday.  He has stunning taste in cuts.

Enjoy your crystal and your renewed vitality!

I have a crystal ball.  I got it several years ago.  I surrounded it with 7 crystals under a full moon to 'charge' it.  I don't know how long it holds a charge or what the charge is for...but the instructions said to do that so I did.  I wouldn't say it changed my life, but maybe, because I feel more special having a genuine crystal ball. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

I consider it a "focusing tool". Like a Shaman's drum or a Buddhist chant. But it works if your power of intention is strong enough. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

This is what's actual important. It's also the only thing that matters. So I'll say congratulations.:tu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Piney said:

I consider it a "focusing tool". Like a Shaman's drum or a Buddhist chant. But it works if your power of intention is strong enough. 

Yes...a focusing tool.  The way I think about my Crystal Ball is that that it magnifies in all directions my own thought process.  If 'your' energy is positive...then the 'energy' of the crystal is going to be positive as well.  

• Like 3

There was a time when I would have scoffed at stones or crystals having an effect but I now suspect there is something real and positive to energy and vibrations beyond the physical realm of science's current reach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

There was a time when I would have scoffed at stones or crystals having an effect but I now suspect there is something real and positive to energy and vibrations beyond the physical realm of science's current reach.

What changed your mind?

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

What changed your mind?

A position formed from the cumulative evidence of the so-called paranormal that dramatic things do occur that are not explainable in our current science coupled with what is said in the best explanatory models I have found (Vedic, Theosophical) that explains we and the universe are more than just physical things. The idea of quartz or something focusing energy or whatever in higher dimensions is in my ballpark for belief. And also is the position of many I respect on the effects of stones and crystal stuff.. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A position formed from the cumulative evidence of the so-called paranormal that dramatic things do occur that are not explainable in our current science coupled with what is said in the best explanatory models I have found (Vedic, Theosophical) that explains we and the universe are more than just physical things. The idea of quartz or something focusing energy or whatever in higher dimensions is in my ballpark for belief. And also is the position of many I respect on the effects of stones and crystal stuff.. 

I was hoping you had an actual experience yourself that you could relate.

• Haha 1

I don't know but all my closets are piled full of opal and agates and petrified wood and crystals i collected. Hopefully it is doing something good in there.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, papageorge1 said:

I am very interested in the properties of quartz. This is very probable considering the way it acts as a focal point for energies. Either way its pretty cool how trap door spiders know to collect only the quarts to tie to thier feet because it picks up the vibrations outside, or how it can be used in instruments to determine frequencies.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, Nnicolette said:

I am very interested in the properties of quartz. This is very probable considering the way it acts as a focal point for energies. Either way its pretty cool how trap door spiders know to collect only the quarts to tie to thier feet because it picks up the vibrations outside, or how it can be used in instruments to determine frequencies.

Quartz is used in watches to keep batteries running longer.   It is used for a lot of things in technology.   As for determining frequencies I don't know about that.  I hope Papa has an answer to your question, I want to know too.

• Like 1

Never heard the stories about 'stone soup'?

Similar principle (vaguely).  ;)

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 3:02 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I was hoping you had an actual experience yourself that you could relate.

I can't help but laugh at this statement. I mean, he's armchair not an actual experiencer. 

• Like 1

There's nothing súpernatural about quartz. It's just a unique natural crystal that releases electrons under pressure. It's perfectly natural.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zep73 said:

There's nothing súpernatural about quartz. It's just a unique natural crystal that releases electrons under pressure. It's perfectly natural.

They are all perfectly natural.  

• Like 1