Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Havana syndrome ’ and the mystery of the microwaves

Still Waters

Doctors, scientists, intelligence agents and government officials have all been trying to find out what causes "Havana syndrome" - a mysterious illness that has struck American diplomats and spies. Some call it an act of war, others wonder if it is some new and secret form of surveillance - and some people believe it could even be all in the mind. So who or what is responsible?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58396698

*long read*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Knowing a bit about Radio Frequency stuff, this is a fascinating mystery to me.

A concentrated microwave transmission would boil your eyeballs long before you got a headache, so it has to be a bearable (not noticeable) signal, pulsed and/or modulated to create the desired effect.

https://youtu.be/ZKI9DyGWncg?t=279

Edited by acute
Gramma

is there maybe something in the water (literally) that would give foreigners a bit of a ding? I know that sometimes traveling abroad for food and drink can have unexpected consequences, and I think much of it lies in gut biome, immunity/susceptibility, etc. for instance, as romantic as it sounds to go exploring Japanese seafood in Japan, especially truly raw sashimi, guess who is very likely to get intestinal parasites that a Japanese person may be used to and their bodies handle them just fine