Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden announces new vaccine mandates that could cover 100 million Americans

OverSword

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

You don't even recognize that you're doing exactly what the Nazis did. Or better said, you actually do.

So what am I am doing that the Nazis did?

Doug

2 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

I have had both covid and the shots.  I don't want to go through that again.  And mine was a mild case.

That sounds like a good idea.  I wonder if there is any data available on it.

One thought:  getting covid produces a different pathway to immunity than does the vaccine.  Having had both should increase your level of safety.  But I need some numbers to put on this.

Doug

This was interesting read. I have no idea if this is a reputable site or not.

https://www.livemint.com/opinion/columns/the-great-immunity-debate-of-vaccines-vs-infection-antibodies-11631124007597.html

People who don’t want to get vaccinated will grasp at any nugget to justify their reluctance—the latest being some pretty good data suggesting that the natural immunity left after recovering from covid is stronger in the long run than immunity generated by the Pfizer vaccine.

People who had two Pfizer shots were about 27 times more likely to get symptomatic covid, and eight times more likely to be hospitalized than were people who’d been infected.

The new findings might force a rethink of the current US policy of recommending full vaccination to people who’ve already had covid. And, while it still makes sense to encourage anyone who hasn’t had the virus to get shots, 

21 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Guess that makes me indestructible.  Covid followed four months later by two vaccinations.  I still plan to get the third shot sometime this fall.

The shots come with a two-week delay before they become fully effective.  Getting the disease within two-weeks of the shot is about the same as not getting a shot at all.  That's why people dying of covid can't be saved with a shot.  They're dead before the shot can become effective.  Kind of like waiting for a torpedo to arm itself.

If that's true, and it still needs to be determined experimentally, then a test-out option could be adopted for those who think it better to risk their lives getting the disease than just to get a shot.

Doug

• Like 2

Here is the death plague Biden is trying to protect us from. Its bad, but only half as bad as back in February. 

Screenshot_20210913-133520_Chrome_compress96.thumb.jpg.b7d85924aa068dc7613017737b7b9cbf.jpg

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Here is the death plague Biden is trying to protect us from. Its bad, but only half as bad as back in February. 

Screenshot_20210913-133520_Chrome_compress96.thumb.jpg.b7d85924aa068dc7613017737b7b9cbf.jpg

Oh man...I wish I could think of something that happened around February to make this graph make sense.  EUREKA!  That was when the vaccine became widely available!  So, it's bad, but only half as bad as February, and approximately half of Americans are vaccinated.  You're a genius Diechecker!  You singlehandedly have shown how a vaccine can end the pandemic!

• Like 1

There were nearly 300% more new COVID cases on average this Labor Day than last year

The average weekly number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. was nearly 300% higher this Labor Day weekend compared to the same time last year, data from Johns Hopkins University shows. The average number of deaths was more than 86% higher compared to the same period in 2020. 

There were 1.146 million weekly cases this past weekend compared to 287,235 last year. 

cont...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-cases-labor-day-300-percent-rise/

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Source?

Doug

4 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Oh man...I wish I could think of something that happened around February to make this graph make sense.  EUREKA!  That was when the vaccine became widely available!  So, it's bad, but only half as bad as February, and approximately half of Americans are vaccinated.  You're a genius Diechecker!  You singlehandedly have shown how a vaccine can end the pandemic!

I thought of that later, and wondered if anyone would point that out.

Gold Star. :nw:

Look at he bright side. At the rate all these unvaxed Covidiots are running around, joyously infecting each other, we should achieve herd immunity by the end of the year. 

U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker: See your state’s progress - Mayo Clinic

On 9/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, OverSword said:

So does this mean anybody who can't get a vaccine is now fired from thier federal jobs? Rude. If only those things even stopped people from getting covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Look at he bright side. At the rate all these unvaxed Covidiots are running around, joyously infecting each other, we should achieve herd immunity by the end of the year. 

Great, then will you guys finally shut the hell up about it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

Great, then will you guys finally shut the hell up about it?

That's about as likely as the Dembos stop talking about Trump.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

So does this mean anybody who can't get a vaccine is now fired from thier federal jobs? Rude. If only those things even stopped people from getting covid.

No vaccine every stops anyone getting anything. A vaccine stops a virus from sickening and/or killing you, 95-99% of the time. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, but you can get vaccinated for free at Walmart and other places.

• Like 1

How can people still not grasp the danger of this? Pointing to deaths being half of the previous peak isn't the whole story.

While the US is losing around 2,000 people per day - and somehow this isn't enough for some of you - according to the data, there are around 100,000 hospitalisations per day and 25,000 people admitted to intensive care. Every day.

The strain on the health care system is massive. Nurses and doctors both are quitting, suffering from serious depression from watching people die and being worked to death. People who, now, are almost all unvaccinated. 

Covid patients are taking up resources that are then forcing surgeries and treatments, often for people with life threatening illnesses, to be postponed. Doctors and surgeries are stretched so thin that people aren't able to get appointments in the first place. There is a serious knock-on effect that is resulting in people actually dying as a result of Covid.

Then you have the people who think it's not so bad. They don't wear masks because they don't care if they get Covid (until they get it and end up half drowning in their own phlegm), but the whole point of masks is to protect others, not primarily yourself.

They don't get the vaccine for similar reasons, which is far, far worse, because the virus then continues to spread as strongly amongst the unvaccinated. Then it mutates, possibly becoming more dangerous (like the Delta variant which has 300x the viral load of its previous iteration, making it worse in every way imaginable). This then makes the vaccinated vulnerable all over again, requiring them to get boosters shots to combat each new variant. And on it goes on and on.

So the unvaccinated essentially say, "**** you, everyone else. These tiny, inconsequential inconveniences that are needed to protect myself and those around me is too much because I just don't wanna!". They prologue a virus that we could have had wiped out by now. They put everyone else at risk, and not just from Covid, as we don't know when any of us might need resources that are being taken up by an umvaccinated Covid patient. 

Selfish *******s the lot of them.

13 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You know what, that is a really short sighted, idiotic attitude.  My daughter, who is vaccinated with the useless Pfizer vaccine, and her son are very ill because of what you call a "Covidiot"   They all need to be locked up or kept someplace out of the main population.    The thing is that idiot was considered "a nice guy" but turns out he is a useless disrespectful tool because when he told my daughter he tested positive he continued to go to work and wanted to hang out with her and her son.    She explained why that was not going to happen and he argued with her about how it was no big deal.   So he has symptoms, was tested positive, but has not quarantined himself.   And one problem is that the first sentence in any health warning is "wear a mask" when that should follow "If you are sick Stay Home!"    

There is no bright side to this.

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You know what, that is a really short sighted, idiotic attitude.  My daughter, who is vaccinated with the useless Pfizer vaccine, and her son are very ill because of what you call a "Covidiot"   They all need to be locked up or kept someplace out of the main population.    The thing is that idiot was considered "a nice guy" but turns out he is a useless disrespectful tool because when he told my daughter he tested positive he continued to go to work and wanted to hang out with her and her son.    She explained why that was not going to happen and he argued with her about how it was no big deal.   So he has symptoms, was tested positive, but has not quarantined himself.   And one problem is that the first sentence in any health warning is "wear a mask" when that should follow "If you are sick Stay Home!"    

There is no bright side to this.

I'm sorry to hear that. The vaccine doesn't prevent the infection, it facilitates the body's fight against the infection, but it efficacy is predicated on the status of the person's immune system. Are they hospitalized? Have their conditions been diagnosed as breakthrough infections?

Interim Estimates of COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness Against COVID-19–Associated Emergency Department or Urgent Care Clinic Encounters and Hospitalizations Among Adults During SARS-CoV-2 B.1.617.2 (Delta) Variant Predominance — Nine States, June–August 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Confused 1

Imagine a society where ruling elite, daily transmits RF signals that affect population in 2 ways,  most get super patriotic feelings, and obey every order their rulers make, no questions, but some are not affected that way, they can  not be brainwashed with RF, but they experience extreme pain and seizures during those sessions.  The elite tells people that whoever feels pain are enemies, degenerates, deplorables, and need to be turned in.  those people become hunted for the only reason, they can not be brainwashed. the ruler lie to general population that radio towers they build everywhere are missile defense, not towers that emit those RF. to make it look real, from time to time,  they bomb those towers in a way that it kills more of their own people, brainwashing them even more into believing they need more of those towers, for their own defense.

What general obedient population does not know, that ruling elite experience the same pain themselves. they are no different than people they demonize, and hunting down, because in reality those are the people who can see their evil ways. 

it is actually a movie, "dark planet"  made 13 years ago, but reflects todays reality too accurate i'd say,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

While the US is losing around 2,000 people per day - and somehow this isn't enough for some of you - according to the data, there are around 100,000 hospitalisations per day and 25,000 people admitted to intensive care. Every day.

All of that stuff is extremely misleading bordering on outright lies.

The 100,000 hospitalizations per day in America is from all causes and has been that way for close to two decades now.  Peak daily covid hospitalizations was a little under 2,500 per day, now it's at about 1,500 per day.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/459718/total-hospital-admission-number-in-the-us/

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#new-hospital-admissions

Requires a bit of math as stuff is put yearly or weekly instead of daily but nothing too difficult.

As for your claimed numbers on admission to ICU, I couldn't find anything close to what you are claiming.  Best I could find is that on average between 4 and 5 million people per year, about 11,000 to 13,500 people per day, are admitted to ICU on average in America.  Both numbers are half of what you claim but using simple logical skills if at the peak only 2,500 per day were admitted per day due to covid the jump in ICU admission wouldnt be over 10,000 people a day.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

Imagine a society where ruling elite, daily transmits RF signals that affect population in 2 ways,  most get super patriotic feelings, and obey every order their rulers make, no questions, but some are not affected that way, they can  not be brainwashed with RF, but they experience extreme pain and seizures during those sessions.  The elite tells people that whoever feels pain are enemies, degenerates, deplorables, and need to be turned in.  those people become hunted for the only reason, they can not be brainwashed. the ruler lie to general population that radio towers they build everywhere are missile defense, not towers that emit those RF. to make it look real, from time to time,  they bomb those towers in a way that it kills more of their own people, brainwashing them even more into believing they need more of those towers, for their own defense.

What general obedient population does not know, that ruling elite experience the same pain themselves. they are no different than people they demonize, and hunting down, because in reality those are the people who can see their evil ways. 

it is actually a movie, "dark planet"  made 13 years ago, but reflects todays reality too accurate i'd say,

And your point is?

16 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The 100,000 hospitalizations per day in America is from all causes and has been that way for close to two decades now.  Peak daily covid hospitalizations was a little under 2,500 per day, now it's at about 1,500 per day.

Current daily covid deaths are 1666.

As of yesterday, there were 129,882 new cases of covid.  Nearly all hospital admissions yesterday were for covid, as procovids have pretty-much forced everybody else out.

Both figures are for the US in total.

Doug

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/