Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden announces new vaccine mandates that could cover 100 million Americans

OverSword

So if you are in the middle of something and you have done your 8 hours you go home and pick it up in the morning so that you do not have comp time, or do you just do the work and give it for free so that your boss doesn't have to pay you comp time, or do you finish it and knock off early the next day?  Comp time is something I found very frustrating when I worked for a county.  Everyone in our department had comp time that we could never take so we all enrolled in college classes during the day and had 2 hours of class time a two or 3 times a week, yet when we came back to work we were still expected to finish what ever which then nullified the comp time we had uses.  It was a loosing battle so we had to have the attitude that 5 oclock was time to go home no matter what. 

I suppose your agency is managed better than that county was.

51 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So if you are in the middle of something and you have done your 8 hours you go home and pick it up in the morning so that you do not have comp time, or do you just do the work and give it for free so that your boss doesn't have to pay you comp time, or do you finish it and knock off early the next day?  Comp time is something I found very frustrating when I worked for a county.  Everyone in our department had comp time that we could never take so we all enrolled in college classes during the day and had 2 hours of class time a two or 3 times a week, yet when we came back to work we were still expected to finish what ever which then nullified the comp time we had uses.  It was a loosing battle so we had to have the attitude that 5 oclock was time to go home no matter what. 

I suppose your agency is managed better than that county was.

Where I work, my comp time is flexible.   I work about 10 hours or so a day.  I'm salary.  Now, I can't just take any hours over 8 that I work as comp time, but there are advantages.  If I have to come in on a Saturday or Sunday, I can pick a day the next week that I want to take off.   If I have a doctors appointment, just leave for a couple hours.  If I have to go home for something, no problem.     

On 9/24/2021 at 2:07 PM, Desertrat56 said:

The normal quarantine is 2 weeks, she may have still been contagious when she went back to the office.   It makes no sense that she did not get tested.  What if she has issues from the virus later?   The insurance may not pay for it since she hasn't been confirmed positive for the virus.  And the anti body test will only work if they give her the expensive one that takes a few days to process, which insurance companies don't want to pay for. 

Its actually 10 days from infection and at least 24 hours after having fever.

6 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Its actually 10 days from infection and at least 24 hours after having fever.

Exposure is different, if you know you have been exposed and you feel well, you quarantine for 2 weeks.  If you don't get sick then you have to quarantine another week because of incubation time.   If you get sick then it is 10 days from the day you tested positive or got a fever or until you test negative.    

• Like 2

Employees hold all the power against these mandates. The operations can't comence without them. 

On 10/10/2021 at 4:16 PM, acidhead said:

Southwest Airlines are currently experiencing staff shortages.  Gee, I wonder why????

What i heard was that between 10 and 20 percent of SW employees "called in sick". A walk out in more direct terms. Based entirely on the company Covid demands.

• Like 1

So my In-Laws... Sister in law and mother in law, are nurses. And both have had the vaccine. Both are planning to demonstrate about bodily self control, that the Covid mandates are creating.

Also there's a big strike planned for Kaiser in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Hawaii and California. Like 30,000 nurses going to walk, unless union demands are met.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-10-11/kaiser-permanente-southern-california-workers-vote-to-authorize-strike

Edited by DieChecker

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

What i heard was that between 10 and 20 percent of SW employees "called in sick". A walk out in more direct terms. Based entirely on the company Covid demands.

That's what I heard too, it was a "sick out".

• Like 1