Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden announces new vaccine mandates that could cover 100 million Americans

OverSword

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's because the left overuses it to identify everything as injustice.  Ever read the story of the boy that cried woke?

So it only applies to injustice?

Doug

2 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

Perceived injustice on behalf of other people usually by someone who has little actual life experience and are from an upper middle class privileged background making them unfamiliar with actual hardship or injustice.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Look up the Tuskegee Experiment.  https://www.history.com/news/the-infamous-40-year-tuskegee-study

That's why blacks don't trust govt doctors, among other reasons.

Doug

And the drug experiments on the soldiers during the Vietnam War.  I saw the aftermath of one man who was so messed up by what was done to him, he committed suicide because he couldn't handle it.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Perceived injustice on behalf of other people usually by someone who has little actual life experience and are from an upper middle class privileged background making them unfamiliar with actual hardship or injustice.

I see what you mean, but that would be a misuse of the term, as I understand it.

Doug

1 minute ago, glorybebe said:

And the drug experiments on the soldiers during the Vietnam War.  I saw the aftermath of one man who was so messed up by what was done to him, he committed suicide because he couldn't handle it.  

There's a lot of that type of thing in the military.  Agent Orange contains dioxin, a very powerful pesticide.  Yet during the Vietnam War, they took virtually no precautions to protect our soldiers.  That old maxim applies:  never volunteer.  And that means volunteering for any of the military branches; although, I might make an exception for the Coast Guard.

Doug

3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

I see what you mean, but that would be a misuse of the term, as I understand it.

Doug

I don't know what wouldn't be a misuse of the term at this point.  It's like everyone thinking they are smart because they can google something.

32 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

That article says they are going to follow the science, not Donald Trump.

Doug

Fauci was Trump's vaccine administration spokesperson. They didn't trust Trump so they didn't trust Fauci.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Fauci was Trump's vaccine administration spokesperson. They didn't trust Trump so they didn't trust Fauci.

Politics and politicians

37 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

No...cultural appropriations are also a terribly misjustice. Women have been attacked for having braids like blacks, no more Cinco de Mayo parties in fancy dress. Restaurants have been put out of business because white people were cooking Asian food. Cross dressers were banned from gay parades because they aren't gay.

It's long list and quite a shame we can't celebrate each others cultures and showing support without someone taking offence. Don't worry about St. Patrick's Day though. We say everyone is Irish on St Patrick's Day.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Politics and politicians

Fauci was not a politician. That is why Trump let him speak to the facts and answer questions. Are you not aware of his resume?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Fauci was not a politician. That is why Trump let him speak to the facts and answer questions. Are you not aware of his resume?

Trump was the politician.  So was Biden and Harris.  The election got in the way of truth.

Doug

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

No...cultural appropriations are also a terribly misjustice. Women have been attacked for having braids like blacks, no more Cinco de Mayo parties in fancy dress. Restaurants have been put out of business because white people were cooking Asian food. Cross dressers were banned from gay parades because they aren't gay.

It's long list and quite a shame we can't celebrate each others cultures and showing support without someone taking offence. Don't worry about St. Patrick's Day though. We say everyone is Irish on St Patrick's Day.

Cinco de Mayo is an AMERICAN holiday, originally celebrated in Columbia, CA in honor of the Mexican defeat of the French at the First Battle of Puebla.  A friend of mine is a Flamenco dancer at Mexican-American festivals.  Very colorful.

The way I cook Asian food, there aren't going to be any restaurants going out of business any time soon.  We have a local "Samurai" retaurant named Negoya's.  Dinner and show.  Also, the Golden Dragon serves a wide variety of Oriental dishes.

Don't know anything about gay parades, except that I pulled a float in one because I was the only guy they could find with a pickup.

The pipe tune "Hector's Lament," aka "Hector the Hero" is played at gay events quite often.  It was written in honor of Major-General Hector MacDonald.  Look up his life history.  Robert Service even wrote a poem to him "Fighting Mac."

Trump made a big deal of being anti-Mexican (or anti-anything-with-brown-skin).  The country has serious problems to work on.  We can't afford this bickering over minor differences.

Doug

Trump made a big deal of being anti-Mexican (or anti-anything-with-brown-skin).  The country has serious problems to work on.  We can't afford this bickering over minor differences.

No he didn't. That was in the mind of the woke. The people pushing the woke culture are causing the divisions by forcing people into their own tiny little boxes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Look up the Tuskegee Experiment.  https://www.history.com/news/the-infamous-40-year-tuskegee-study

That's why blacks don't trust govt doctors, among other reasons.

Doug

That experiment should cause us all to mistrust the government some.   

However it only included .00003% of the American black population.  

9 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Nope, I do not recall anything of the sort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No he didn't. That was in the mind of the woke. The people pushing the woke culture are causing the divisions by forcing people into their own tiny little boxes.

Just why do you think Trump wanted to build his Wall?  He was a nightmare landlord, got sued, lost and has been mad about it ever since.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/03/28/news/trump-apartment-tenants/

Doug

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Myles said:

That experiment should cause us all to mistrust the government some.   

However it only included .00003% of the American black population.  

And it included zero whites.  To blacks, it was one more bad experience with whites.

Doug

Post 266

That links doesn't have anything in it proving "Trump made a big deal of being anti-Mexican (or anti-anything-with-brown-skin)"

He probably wasn't a good landlord, but most in the article is hearsay.  

6 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

And it included zero whites.  To blacks, it was one more bad experience with whites.

Doug

It included 100% American citizens.  

25 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Just why do you think Trump wanted to build his Wall

Why do you think so many democrats wanted a wall prior to a trump presidency?  

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/

What a ridiculous thing to be talking about.  Politicians blow in the wind of current opinion. Every idiot knows that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

It included 100% American citizens.  

But the govt did not honor their citizenship.  It allowed people who came to it in good faith to die.  Blacks had no trouble seeing that whites weren't treated this way.

Doug

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Why do you think so many democrats wanted a wall prior to a trump presidency?  

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/

What a ridiculous thing to be talking about.  Politicians blow in the wind of current opinion. Every idiot knows that.

Because it makes good political press.  It looks like they're doing something about illegal immigration when they are doing nothing.  Most of our resident illegals came here legally and over-stayed their visas.  A wall would have no effect on that.

Doug

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Because it makes good political press.  It looks like they're doing something about illegal immigration when they are doing nothing.  Most of our resident illegals came here legally and over-stayed their visas.  A wall would have no effect on that.

Doug

And they aren't all from Mexico or even South America.  That's what irks me about the wall.   

13 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

The point is WTH are we even talking about that for?  This thread is about vaccine mandates.

• Haha 1