Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

20 Years after 9/11 —

WVK

Looking back at the half dozen Mideast wars in which we have engaged since that first 9/11, where are we better off now than we were then? Al-Qaida, ISIS, Boko Haram and their variants have established a presence in Arab, Asian and African countries far beyond Afghanistan. Looking forward, where do we Americans go from here?

https://buchanan.org/blog/20-years-after-9-11-are-we-better-off-158521

• Like 1

"are we better off now than we were then?"

Up until two weeks ago....possibly yes.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"are we better off now than we were then?"

Up until two weeks ago....possibly yes.

For who? 

~

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

For who? 

~

Because of what has happened in Afganistan, I predict that the world will now become a more dangerous place to live.

• Haha 1

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

Because of what has happened in Afganistan, I predict that the world will now become a more dangerous place to live.

Like I said, for "who" ?

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Like I said, for "who" ?

~

The world.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The world.

We're doing fine, you just carry on endangering "your" world ...

~

• Like 2

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

We're doing fine, you just carry on endangering "your" world ...

~

There's only one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

There's only one.

Not for you there isn't... 

~

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is “no doubt” that events in Afghanistan will have “heartened and emboldened” extremists, the boss of MI5 said as he warned of the potential return of “al Qaida-style” terrorist plots.

He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “There is no doubt that events in Afghanistan will have heartened and emboldened some of those extremists and so being vigilant to precisely those kinds of risks (is what) my organisation is focused on along with a range of other threats.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mi5-afghanistan-islamic-state-government-taliban-b954660.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Feed

• Haha 1

Don't worry and hug your My Pillow™ tight and dry your fears... You're going back in to make your world SAFE© again. 

3 days ago — Graham, in an interview Monday with the BBC, predicted a looming clash between the Taliban and extremist ...

US Republican Senator Lindsey Graham has told the BBC that he believes American troops "will be going back into ...

3 days ago — Sen. Lindsey Graham claimed that the United States will "have to" reenter Afghanistan, predicting Monday ...

5 hours ago — Graham proposed that the United States support the resistance in Afghanistan's Tangir Valley to avoid the fracture of ...

~

Tell your young ones to go fight a war instead of playing make believe wars on video games, still plenty of land to bury War Heroes®

~

• Like 1

Who's Lindsey Graham? :huh:

So, on reading the post that the events in Afganistan will likely encourage more extremists terrorist attacks you post a laughing emoji.....interesting.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Who's Lindsey Graham? :huh:

The One who wants to make "your" World a safer place, just tell your dear leader to follow his lead ... 

~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The One who wants to make "your" World a safer place, just tell your dear leader to follow his lead ... 

~

You can tell Biden anything, problem is he'd probably forget it 2 minutes later. :lol:

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You can tell Biden anything, problem is he'd probably forget it 2 minutes later. :lol:

If you believe that, then you'll believe anything you want... 

~

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WVK said:

Looking forward, where do we Americans go from here?......

Considering the attention span and lack of any real impact on 98% of the American population over the last 20 years, I'll say Home Depot and Starbucks. Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond. If the have enough time that is.

That's where the majority of Americans go from here.

• Like 3

Where did all of the terrorist groups spring up while we were fighting in Afghanistan?  Not in Afghanistan.  Sounds obvious, but the lesson is lost. We are not fighting a nation but  fluid groups of angry and radicalized people. They can form wherever the internet and cell phones can connect them. Staying in Afghanistan will not make us safer. 

They are not going to be beaten by the  tanks, artillery, and attack helicopters that the defense industry sells.  Those are great against armies but not individuals hiding among civilian populations.  How much of the fear being whipped up in Western countries is fostered by those not caring about safety but  looking to continue their sales arms?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WVK said:

Looking back at the half dozen Mideast wars in which we have engaged since that first 9/11, where are we better off now than we were then? Al-Qaida, ISIS, Boko Haram and their variants have established a presence in Arab, Asian and African countries far beyond Afghanistan. Looking forward, where do we Americans go from here?

https://buchanan.org/blog/20-years-after-9-11-are-we-better-off-158521

Stop bombing random brown people and work on infrastructure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Stop bombing random brown people and work on infrastructure. 

Then you should be pleased that actually we are bombing random white people

Since 1944, Middle Eastern- and North African-Americans have been legally “white,” having to check the “white” box on demographic surveys like the U.S. census. The reason for this classification can be traced to the 19th century, when MENA Christians who intended to immigrate to the United States identified as “Caucasian” to evade restrictive and racist immigration policies. Perhaps the fact that many MENA individuals are “white-passing” — having phenotypic features that allow them to be perceived as white and thus access some degree of white privilege — is another reason for this classification. Moreover, research shows that some MENA-Americans, particularly those who historically immigrated from Lebanon or Syria and who are non-Muslim, older, and more educated are more likely to identify as “white” than as “Arab-American.”

2 hours ago, WVK said:

Then you should be pleased that actually we are bombing random white people

The miracle of America.  They become white when they cross our border.  Back home they are brown.   KInda like how Jesus, black hair, brown eyes, brown skin, big nosed short little guy became the glorious tall blonde blue-eyed guy he is today.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

KInda like how Jesus, black hair, brown eyes, brown skin, big nosed short little guy became the glorious tall blonde blue-eyed guy he is today.

Hey, he could be pink with purple spots, given that he's a work of fiction!

Ouch... I know... wrong section of the forums... :innocent:

I remember I was sitting in my 8th Grade History Class, the teacher came rushing into the room in a panic telling us that 2 planes hit the towers. The rest of the class time we just sat there watching the footage on the tv. Everyone just sat there in eerie silence not saying a word. And the rest of the school day students did not talk to each other it wa so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Later that night my mom who was serving at the time was called into work and had to stay the whole night and didn't come home till the next morning.

• Like 1